1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ever Black Out from Anger?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by jeverich, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Oct 31, 2011 at 12:13 AM
    jeverich

jeverich [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    PNW/Kodiak
    Vehicle:
    07 2.7 4x4
    OME 886/Old Man Doug Suspension Lift, ARB Bumper, Bruteforce High Clearance w/Swing Out, De-badge, Block Heater, Homemade IFS Skid, 7" Kragens, Blue Seas Fuse Block, BlitzPro Fogs, 12k BadLands Winch, BAMF Sliders, ARB Locker, 4.88s Yaesu FT-1900R, Larsen 150B NMO Mount Antenna
    I did.

Girlfriend and I moved out to Washington state in May. Renting a house - that I've paid for since May - then I left June 2nd to go fishing in Alaska.

August rolls around and she decides that she no longer wants to be in a relationship. Although she stays in the house. While I'm still fishing. I rationalized it to myself - it's hard with me being a commercial fisherman - I understand how she feels. Just got back home to Wash. on Thursday after killing Halibut for 5 months.

We're still broken up.

So, we go out to a Halloween party last night - have a great time. Drunken make out, and "I love you's"...Then head to a bar where all of her friends are. It's another fun time - until I start seeing guys come up to her, hug her - buy her drinks. Clearly interested in being "More than friends". The room starts spinning, I black out. Come to outside the bar, standing over one of the guys who was trying to pick her up. Hands are bloody, and a window is shattered outside the bar. Manage to drive home.

This is not me. I'm usually a quiet person. I'm so incredibly lucky that the authorities were not involved. I have so much too lose.

I feel angry at people for no reason, like they will never understand my world after fishing for so long. It sucks. I haven't gone near any alcohol since - and don't plan to any time soon.

Anyone else from the Armed Forces, similar occupations have similar problems?

Any suggestions, similar stories are appreciated.

2. Oct 31, 2011 at 12:16 AM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    It seems you need to sit down and think about what you want, and what you're going to do about it

3. Oct 31, 2011 at 12:22 AM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    I cant relate to being a commercial fisherman but it sounds like an occupation with higher break-up/divorce rate then regular jobs. Your 21 and your are still young and I know it doesnt seem like it but you are. I wouldnt want to be with her anymore if she is hitting or getting hit on by other guys. I know its hard but there are plenty of "fish" in the sea, and for you that means literally!! But like I said, your still young and have a lot of time ahead of you. Try and take it day by day.

4. Oct 31, 2011 at 12:27 AM
    Doc.SS

Doc.SS ︻╦╤─

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    O'side
    Vehicle:
    T4R SR5
    The time for the cops to come hasn't passed....they may still come get you.
    You need to leave that chic and never look back, she will continue to cause you pain and misery.

5. Oct 31, 2011 at 12:31 AM
    jeverich

jeverich [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    PNW/Kodiak
    Vehicle:
    07 2.7 4x4
    OME 886/Old Man Doug Suspension Lift, ARB Bumper, Bruteforce High Clearance w/Swing Out, De-badge, Block Heater, Homemade IFS Skid, 7" Kragens, Blue Seas Fuse Block, BlitzPro Fogs, 12k BadLands Winch, BAMF Sliders, ARB Locker, 4.88s Yaesu FT-1900R, Larsen 150B NMO Mount Antenna
    I appreciate it. I think it's time for her to move out. Of my house.

6. Oct 31, 2011 at 12:32 AM
    johnanm

johnanm Well-Known Member

Member:
    Up
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab 2.7L Prerunner
    Bilstein 5100 @ 1.75" front shocks on stock springs, AFE ProDry drop-in, white DTRLs, Sylvania ZXE headlamps, DeeZee bed mat, Tailgate hose clamp mod, cheap snap craigslist tonneau, Weathertech vent visors, secondary air filter removed, Class III hitch
    I agree with the above, had a situation like you where relationship issues made me almost pass out once. Bottom line is that no matter how hard it seems to believe it now, you'll look back on this and shrug your shoulders from how insignificant it is. You're very fortunate to not be in much trouble!

Give it a few months and it will be ancient history. But you gotta separate yourself from the situation totally first (make her get the hell out of your house)

7. Oct 31, 2011 at 12:38 AM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    I agree. Make her move out even though it might be hard on you but the sooner the better. If you let it drag on it just gives you false hope and mixed emotions. Trust me, I've been through it too.

8. Oct 31, 2011 at 12:57 AM
    LilTuffGirl

LilTuffGirl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nikki
    WV
    3" rough country lift leather
    Not since my teenage years. Almost the same situation.. Went to a massive car show and my boyfriend was hugging all over his ex girlfriend who gave us HELL the entire relationship. I remember talking to him like a normal person.. then walking to my friends who were all standing there in total shock. Apparently I was just talking normal to him... punched him in the stomach.. turned around and walked away. :confused:
    Oddly my other ex boyfriend married her....

When you get older you'll realize the drama isn't worth it. If she can't tell them to go on somewhere then you need to find someone who can. Totally not worth screwing up your life for.

9. Oct 31, 2011 at 1:04 AM
    Doc.SS

Doc.SS ︻╦╤─

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    O'side
    Vehicle:
    T4R SR5
    this is a fitting pic

[​IMG]

10. Oct 31, 2011 at 1:44 AM
    drwb

drwb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Allen
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    04' TRD 4X4
    OME 880 coils Wet Okole seat covers
    Keep in mind that when/if you do kick her out, she's probably gonna say whatever she can to try to stay with you..especially if she's dependent with you..so unless she magically changes her behavior, don't get fooled by her words when/if you do get her outta there! good luck

11. Oct 31, 2011 at 2:12 AM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Couldn't agree more bud! Life is to short for bullshit! Live life happy and to the fullest man....no regrets!!! Best of luck to you :cool:

12. Oct 31, 2011 at 2:24 AM
    G scott04

G scott04 ...

Member:
    First Name:
    Garrett
    Mesa
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner
    Hmmm are you the hulk :spy:

Honestly man it sounds like you know what you need to do, and it seems we all support that decision, get rid of the girl, she seems like much more trouble than its worth, and if she is gonna get with guys in front of you she aint worth a damn.

13. Oct 31, 2011 at 4:13 AM
    Jaxjag

Jaxjag Member

Member:
    Boot her out quickest. The quicker she can become the problem of someone else, the better for you. The mature worldly guy inside me wonders what else she's been doing while you've been away.

Bag her, she ain't worth whatever trouble she's bringing to your life.

14. Oct 31, 2011 at 5:00 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Dilema.....should you take the head job when she's trying to talk you out of kicking her out of your house?

The inner conflict should NOT be about whether or not she needs to leave because she does. With your age and current occupation, you would be much better off not cohabitating with a woman you will be leaving unattended for months at a time IMO. Just an objective viewpoint..............good luck

Oh, and no, I haven't blacked out but others have blacked out as a result of angering me.

15. Oct 31, 2011 at 8:03 AM
    SilverTacoEater

SilverTacoEater Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Pasadena, MD
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma SR5 4X4
    Stock

16. Oct 31, 2011 at 8:04 AM
    gooch14

gooch14 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Michigan
    Vehicle:
    2011 Blk DC Taco SR5 4x LB
    Bestop, Child Seats, petrified french fry, dog hair, empty Mtn Dew cans cracked windshield, scratches.
    never blacked out from anger, but I tried taking a #2 while drunk and blacked out from pushing.

17. Oct 31, 2011 at 8:18 AM
    SilverTacoEater

SilverTacoEater Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Pasadena, MD
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma SR5 4X4
    Stock
    :anonymous:

18. Oct 31, 2011 at 8:21 AM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    you said drunken i love you's then you blacked out attacked another guy who probably did not even know that you existed because your away so much and you just moved there recently. then you drove home under the influence.

no offense but, how are you not typing this post from jail?

first off i would suggest calming the fuck down it's a girl ok... if you love her but, she is tired of you being away get a new job or deal with losing her dude wtf.

also some advice from someone who has a temper you must learn to get that shit in check. i believe your lucky you one didn't you didn't really hurt the guy or two get seriously hurt yourself.

it's not tv and it's not mma it's a bar or the parking of of one. most of the time when two grown men get into a brawl there is a serious chance of some one getting really screwed up just saying.

take this info or leave it but, make a decision about what your willing to do to save your relationship or if you want to let it all slip away for your love of the sea then so be it. just stop acting like a crazy person in public and getting into fights because it's only going to hurt you and her in the end.

19. Oct 31, 2011 at 8:21 AM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++

20. Oct 31, 2011 at 8:27 AM
    Razorecko

Razorecko Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 Pyrite DCLB TRD Supercharged
    being older and married I'll tell you what everyone else is thinking and what is to be most likely the honest truth that made you black out. She broke up with you after you left so she wouldn't feel guilty about hooking up with dudes at the house you were paying for. If other dudes are buying her drinks and it doesnt bother her that you're there it just means she's a 'user' and only thinks about her own immediate needs. I would find out what kind of sh*t she was up to from her friends ( girls always rat on each other ) than talk to the home owner and tell him that you don't need the house anymore. Find yourself a new place and tell the girl to get the fawwwk out the house. She wont and put up a whole "i love you" deal and you walk. The homeowner will show up one day and kick her ass out.

Products Discussed in

To Top