Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Question for Cigarette Smokers

Old 11-01-2011, 02:33 PM   #1
jaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jaw154's Tacoma Gallery
Question for Cigarette Smokers

I'm just curious, (Not trying to start a shit storm), as to why you smoke cigarettes? I have a friend who was just told by his doctor that his lungs are terrible for his age (20). I mean everyone knows the dangers of it. So why do it?

Discuss...
Old 11-01-2011, 02:35 PM   #2
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
was curious and wanted to try it out, then it just became a habit
Old 11-01-2011, 02:36 PM   #3
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeezy View Post
was curious and wanted to try it out, then it just became a habit
x2.... was curious and then became addicted. In HS it was the thing to do... hang out with your buddies, and smoke. Never thought that it was be difficuilt to quit until I tried. But I enjoy smoking, it relaxes me.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:37 PM   #4
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
I think everyone has tried at least one cigarette in there life. Some just stick to it.

A buddys dad smokes since he just enjoys it, not so much because hes addicted.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:38 PM   #5
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
I think everyone has tried at least one cigarette in there life. Some just stick to it.

A buddys dad smokes since he just enjoys it, not so much because hes addicted.
I've never smoked a cigarette in my life.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:40 PM   #6
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
I started when I was 18 because I worked with a bunch of friends and I was the only nonsmoker who didn't go outside with them on smokebreaks. So, like an idiot, I took up smoking to be part of the group. All downhill from there, and 20 years later I'm doing it because I enjoy it. I can go days without, but I have fit it too much into my life to want to quit it. I guess I'll just let it kill me.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:44 PM   #7
Faster than a speeding ticket
Watari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Watari06V6's Tacoma Gallery
i smoke because it goes so well with my Starbucks
Old 11-01-2011, 02:51 PM   #8
tacundra is on a distinguished road
tacundra's Tacoma Gallery
Smoked for five years and quit cold turkey bout 10 years ago.

Started, like everyone else, because friends were doing it in highschool.

I always said I 'enjoyed it' while I was a smoker. Even said I would start again when I am old and dont give a $#!t anymore.

A few years later I realized it was only enjoyable because I was addicted to it.

I tried to smoke a cig not too long ago and it was terrible (no offense). No way will I start smoking again.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:51 PM   #9
Big things have small beginnings
staticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Commo: You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!
Name: Steve
staticsquelch's Tacoma Gallery
Smoked for 15 years. Got tired of paying for it and wanted to be a little healthier. I started in HS cause everyone was doing it and it covered up the "other smoke odor". It definitely became a habit that was difficult to break. I blame alot of the habit on all shit they put into tobacco though, things to keep you wanting more.

But I have no issue with those who want to smoke or enjoy it. My wife smokes when she's drinking, some people can just turn it off and on; others enjoy it, and others can't escape it.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:52 PM   #10
jaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jaw154's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacundra View Post
Smoked for five years and quit cold turkey bout 10 years ago.

Started, like everyone else, because friends were doing it in highschool.

I always said I 'enjoyed it' while I was a smoker. Even said I would start again when I am old and dont give a $#!t anymore.

A few years later I realized it was only enjoyable because I was addicted to it.

I tried to smoke a cig not too long ago and it was terrible (no offense). No way will I start smoking again.
Good for you for quitting
Old 11-01-2011, 03:03 PM   #11
taylor.hagens is on a distinguished road
Name: taylor
taylor.hagens's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
I started when I was 18 because I worked with a bunch of friends and I was the only nonsmoker who didn't go outside with them on smokebreaks. So, like an idiot, I took up smoking to be part of the group. All downhill from there, and 20 years later I'm doing it because I enjoy it. I can go days without, but I have fit it too much into my life to want to quit it. I guess I'll just let it kill me.
same here, yopu get to feeling left out because they all go outside and leave you inside.. i only smoked for a year and a half but as a 19 year old thats too much. i don't recommend it, i am aways short of breath now and its not from lack of physical exertion ...its because i smoked those marlboro 27s for too long!
Old 11-01-2011, 03:16 PM   #13
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFalk View Post
I've never smoked a cigarette in my life.
never to late to start.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:21 PM   #14
99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
99TacoDriver's Tacoma Gallery
idk how people get "addicted" to it. the first time any one tries it, no matter who you are, ur gonna choke. so why sit there and choke on something that smells bad and does not help you in ay way? thats just the way i look at it
Old 11-01-2011, 03:22 PM   #15
SCUMBAG CUSTOMS
Scummy will become famous soon enough

Name: Matt
Scummy's Tacoma Gallery
Worked in a mill type area and everyone smoked. i was a loader operator and i would get free cigars on occasion and then it went down hill from there. tried to quit, that lasted 3 months and my ex finally got tired of me being an ahole so she told me to go buy a pack and ive been smoking since
Old 11-01-2011, 03:28 PM   #16
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
it aint over yet
There is no way in hell I would ever intentionally fill my lungs with carcinogen-laden smoke.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:32 PM   #17
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFalk View Post
There is no way in hell I would ever intentionally fill my lungs with carcinogen-laden smoke.
x2
Old 11-01-2011, 05:50 PM   #18
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Smoked out of high school and did up until 4 1/2 years ago. Quit cold turkey. Regret ever starting.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:17 PM   #19
futuretacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: First Responder, Primary Care Paramedic, Advanced EMT
Name: Andrew
futuretacoowner's Tacoma Gallery
I tired a puff off my buddies cigarette can't stand it. Cigars on the otherhand, I find taste great very rare do I smoke one though. Mostly this summer by the campfire.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:27 PM   #20
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Smoked for 14 years quit 2 Years ago. There are times that I really miss it.

Someone said Starbucks and yea that's one of those times, beer too.

glad I quit tho.