Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Notching Wood

Old 11-04-2011, 08:54 AM   #21
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
The method I'd use is 2 cuts with a circular saw and chisel out the middle (mostly because I actually have the required tools for that). If the notch needs to be smooth, hit it with a sanding block.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:11 AM   #22
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
The method I'd use is 2 cuts with a circular saw and chisel out the middle (mostly because I actually have the required tools for that). If the notch needs to be smooth, hit it with a sanding block.
It would be much faster and easier to make a lot of cuts even diagonal cuts THEN chisel out the rest. To make it smooth just run your circular saw side to side it will make is as smooth as a babies ass without sanding