Notices

Xm or sirius

View Poll Results: XM OR SIRIUS
XM 51 42.86%
SIRIUS 68 57.14%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-10-2008, 06:55 PM   #1
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
tarheelfan_08's Tacoma Gallery
Xm or sirius

XM RADIO or SIRIUS RADIO??

WHO DO YOU CHOSE?

I CHOSE XM
Old 11-10-2008, 06:59 PM   #3
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Humane Officer
Name: Dan
dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dud122
sirius - even if stern was the only thing on it!!
Old 11-10-2008, 07:01 PM   #4
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
well, i have (or rather had, just cancelled it) XM and have had it for like 3 yrs and barely any experience with Sirius. i'd probably go for sirius next from what i have heard on it though.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:07 PM   #5
stucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nice

Name: Barry
stucksucksnayota's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to stucksucksnayota
Sirius!!!
Old 11-10-2008, 07:14 PM   #6
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
thought they merged and were pretty much the same now?
Old 11-10-2008, 07:20 PM   #7
stratton will become famous soon enough

stratton's Tacoma Gallery
I have sirius now. I think I am going to let the subscription run out. Due to the economy, new york state says that I need to sit in the office and not travel for work anymore. So I really never listen to the radio. But other wise I have no real complaints about it. Stern from 6 till 1030 then I listen to stretch on maxim radio 108. Other wise its on classic rock.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:03 AM   #8
svt_stew is an unknown quantity at this point

svt_stew's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to svt_stew
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerNameIsLucy View Post
thought they merged and were pretty much the same now?
Not yet, they are planning on it tho, but sirius is a lot better.... between hard attack, Octane, Howard Stern, and the playboy channel what else is there to listen to?
Old 11-11-2008, 08:07 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt_stew View Post
Not yet, they are planning on it tho, but sirius is a lot better.... between hard attack, Octane, Howard Stern, and the playboy channel what else is there to listen to?
They merged, for 16 bucks a month I can listen to both. But for now I dont care to pay more for xm.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:13 AM   #10
svt_stew is an unknown quantity at this point

svt_stew's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to svt_stew
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratton View Post
They merged, for 16 bucks a month I can listen to both. But for now I dont care to pay more for xm.
Haha nevermind then. thanks... I'm thinking of renewing my sirius account, but don't feel like spending money.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:15 AM   #11

exactly. thats what I said before. I am going to let it run out. Trying to find ways to cut back.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:51 AM   #13
OLEFART is on a distinguished road
Army: grunt
OLEFART's Tacoma Gallery
sirius!!!! have xm in the wifes nissan, its ok , but prefer the sirius, sirius is offering an xm package now and visa versa
Old 11-11-2008, 09:52 AM   #14
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Sirius has an all Led Zeppelin and all AC/DC channel. My truck came with a Sirius Radio and a subscription that still hasn't ran out nearly a year later. My choice was made for me.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:28 AM   #15
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
XM 48 was awesome before the merge. It is kinda tame now with the sirius dj's. Octane is lame, Squizz played better songs and more new stuff.

I used to listen to Octane on my Dish network, while working in the house. And noticed it wasn't as good as XM 48.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:16 AM   #16
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer36 View Post
XM 48 was awesome before the merge. It is kinda tame now with the sirius dj's. Octane is lame, Squizz played better songs and more new stuff.

I used to listen to Octane on my Dish network, while working in the house. And noticed it wasn't as good as XM 48.
X2. Octane is not as good as Squizz. they took The Rhyme (65) from me too.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:09 AM   #17
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
tarheelfan_08's Tacoma Gallery
I agree..im not to excited about the new channels
Old 12-03-2008, 08:47 AM   #18
NicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
NicksRig's Tacoma Gallery
Gotta have Sirius, never really impresed with the XM line up.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:28 AM   #19
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBS View Post
X2. Octane is not as good as Squizz. they took The Rhyme (65) from me too.
Yep so true.. Octane sucks. I emailed them and they responded back with some lame form e-mail saying "we thank you for your input" and etc..
Now I find myself channel surfing and driving and then getting pissed off and flipping on my Ipod in disgust..
Then I get really pissed off after being slowed down in traffic and reaching for my Kimber 1911 .45ACP..
Old 12-03-2008, 09:36 AM   #20
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
I've got experience with both. I just let the XM subscription that came on my '09 expire because they were siriusly lacking in the music department. I went on their website and couldn't find a lot of the music that I enjoy on any of their stations. I drove across country with my buddy a couple of years ago using his Sirius player, and we never had a problem finding good music on it, so I'd be more likely to go with Sirius. The only advantage that I could find to XM was the MLB package. I'm interested to see how the music thing shakes out once they finally complete the merger.