Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

What kind of razors (shaving) do you guys use!?

Old 11-05-2011, 01:04 AM   #1
Dhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
Dhawk1313's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of razors (shaving) do you guys use!?

Hey guys, just wondering what everyone shaves with .
Lately, I've been lazy as hell and have been stuck using these crappy, disposable store brand 3 blade razors that have been slicing my face to hell
Granted, it's 100% my fault for being cheap and just using what's around but normally I splurge and get the the Gillette Fusion Proglide blades which always make my face smooth as butter. They're really expensive though which is the only drawback. There's no sense in buying an electric shaver either seeing as I can't grow facial hair for my life.

All that being said, what do you guys use!?
Old 11-05-2011, 01:02 PM   #2
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
I use a Remington electric shaver, only reason why is cause im lazy but you can shave with the disposable ones without getting cut up, how are you shaving? down to up, or up to down, makes a difference. Just but a good elelctric one for about $200 or so.
Old 11-05-2011, 01:04 PM   #3
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
pos 5 year old Remington electric that leaves the hairs about 1/16" lol. Luckily my body fails at growing a descent amount of facial hair.
Old 11-05-2011, 01:06 PM   #4
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery

I shave like a real man. 1880ish Fredrick Reynolds. No, that's not a typo. I said 1880s.
Attached Thumbnails
What kind of razors (shaving) do you guys use!?-2.jpg   What kind of razors (shaving) do you guys use!?-4.jpg   What kind of razors (shaving) do you guys use!?-6.jpg   What kind of razors (shaving) do you guys use!?-7.jpg   What kind of razors (shaving) do you guys use!?-9.jpg  

Old 11-05-2011, 01:06 PM   #5
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Gillette Fusion something or another.
Old 11-05-2011, 01:08 PM   #6
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
^ This is what "The Art of Shaving" recommends, they can't be wrong for what they sell their shit for. (P.S., not why I used it, I've been using Gillette since I tarted shaving)
Old 11-05-2011, 01:10 PM   #8
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Dang krazie, you beat me to it
and that my friend is a pretty razor, where did you find that?

mid 60s (or 70s) safety razor, with brush and soap for now

when i get back home from college, i will be switching to a straight razor and brush and soap

it takes more time, but best shave i have ever gotten, and less irritation

take the time to try it is my advice, its worth it

and its cheaper too.....unless you start collecting and then you spend too much money

but to give you an idea of the cost, i paid 7 bucks for my razor at an antique shop (cleaned it with soft scrub with bleach)

paid 25-30 for a tweezerman brush

and then a puck of shaving soap will cost anywhere from 2 or 3 bucks to 20 or 30, depending on what you get. one puck lasts me 2 to 3 times longer than a can of gel. or you can get cream, which is the same way

you can use a coffee mug for a shaving mug (i did till i found a true shaving mug I liked at an antique shop)

then blades are like 16 cents for one, which lasts something like 3 or 4 shaves

its definitely worth it
Old 11-05-2011, 01:10 PM   #9
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
My fingernails.
Old 11-05-2011, 01:10 PM   #10
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post

I shave like a real man. 1880ish Fredrick Reynolds. No, that's not a typo. I said 1880s.
Woa thats kinda sexy
Old 11-05-2011, 01:11 PM   #11
the Nightman cometh!

jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wha'?
http://www.theartofshaving.com/?utm_...id=15699943408
Old 11-05-2011, 01:12 PM   #12
Styx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ship Serviceman 3rd Class
Name: Terrance
Styx586's Tacoma Gallery
Gillette Fusion every time... Once the store was out of the replacement blades so i had to buy the disposable ones. And i was actually pretty impressed with the Gillette Mach 3 disposable razors. They're cheaper than the Fusion and they aren't half bad...
Old 11-05-2011, 01:12 PM   #13
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyengineer View Post
Dang krazie, you beat me to it
and that my friend is a pretty razor, where did you find that?

mid 60s (or 70s) safety razor, with brush and soap for now

when i get back home from college, i will be switching to a straight razor and brush and soap

it takes more time, but best shave i have ever gotten, and less irritation

take the time to try it is my advice, its worth it

and its cheaper too.....unless you start collecting and then you spend too much money

but to give you an idea of the cost, i paid 7 bucks for my razor at an antique shop (cleaned it with soft scrub with bleach)

paid 25-30 for a tweezerman brush

and then a puck of shaving soap will cost anywhere from 2 or 3 bucks to 20 or 30, depending on what you get. one puck lasts me 2 to 3 times longer than a can of gel. or you can get cream, which is the same way

you can use a coffee mug for a shaving mug (i did till i found a true shaving mug I liked at an antique shop)

then blades are like 16 cents for one, which lasts something like 3 or 4 shaves

its definitely worth it
What DE are you using? I got 2 Gillette Ball types and one fat boy, which gives a really nice shave provided I don't jack the setting up on it. I found the Wilkenson Swords are really really good blades.
And I found that on Fleabay. All original scales and pinning too. When I saw it I was like "That must be mine." It was expensive, but so worth it. Pride of my collection for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigahshark View Post
Woa thats kinda sexy
Thanks. Gives a fantastic shave. I can have a 5 day beard going and it'll take it all off no issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjew18 View Post
Gotcha.
Old 11-05-2011, 01:16 PM   #14
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
What DE are you using? I got 2 Gillette Ball types and one fat boy, which gives a really nice shave provided I don't jack the setting up on it. I found the Wilkenson Swords are really really good blades.
i was using a fat boy for a while, but now i'm using this, i like the long handle better.

sorry its not a good looking picture, i was using it for identification and age, one of these days, i will get a good picture

as for blades, i am going through a big sample pack right now, the wilkenson swords were high on my list, as are some gillette 7 o'clock blades, i would like to get ahold of some of the older gillete blue blades to try though
Old 11-05-2011, 01:16 PM   #15
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Ya know the coolest thing about that razor, is that is has shaved many many different faces. For all you know, that could have been used by someone famous from the old west. Like Jesse James and the likes of those guys.
Cool razor, i like historic item that can still be used.
Old 11-05-2011, 01:20 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbs204 View Post
Ya know the coolest thing about that razor, is that is has shaved many many different faces. For all you know, that could have been used by someone famous from the old west. Like Jesse James and the likes of those guys.
i agree, they are awesome....the learning curve isn't though
Old 11-05-2011, 01:21 PM   #17
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
Shick hydro 5
Old 11-05-2011, 01:24 PM   #18
Resident Jackass

Quote:
i was using a fat boy for a while, but now i'm using this, i like the long handle better.

sorry its not a good looking picture, i was using it for identification and age, one of these days, i will get a good picture

as for blades, i am going through a big sample pack right now, the wilkenson swords were high on my list, as are some gillette 7 o'clock blades, i would like to get ahold of some of the older gillete blue blades to try though
If they're actually older, they'll probably such cause the edge will have been ruined. But you might luck out. Is that a Gillette SuperSpeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbs204 View Post
Exactly. Always interesting to wonder the history behind them.

Quote:
i agree, they are awesome....the learning curve isn't though
Didn't really have a learning curve with me I have to gloat. But after 6 years of starting IVs in the back of a bouncy ambulance, I'm pretty good with sharp things, skin and steady hands.
Old 11-05-2011, 01:28 PM   #19

Quote:
If they're actually older, they'll probably such cause the edge will have been ruined. But you might luck out. Is that a Gillette SuperSpeed?

Didn't really have a learning curve with me I have to gloat. But after 6 years of starting IVs in the back of a bouncy ambulance, I'm pretty good with sharp things, skin and steady hands.
nope, this is what it is Gillete Extra Long handle Black Beauty (i love straightrazorplace, helps me with identification)

another person said it was a Gillette super adjustable

ya, steady hands help. i have played with knives all my life, it helps whenever i try to use a straight
Old 11-05-2011, 01:32 PM   #20
99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
99TacoDriver's Tacoma Gallery
gillette fusion proglide