Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Buying America

Old 11-05-2011, 09:32 PM   #1
ignorance is bliss,
tacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st MLG, 7th ESB,Alpha Co.
Name: Josh
tacoman007's Tacoma Gallery
Buying America

OK!!! I was washing my Carhartt Jacket today and looked at the directions on the tag before I stuck it into the dryer. It said “ tumble dry low”, then I thought to myself, “ where is this jacket Made at ?”
Looking at the tag, it says “HECHO EN MEXICO” This is crazy, the higher on the list of work wear for American’s, made in Mexico?
My Question is
How Many People on here Look for specific made in America stuff?
I buy a lot of patriotic gear or stuff like flags, hats, patches, shirts, stickers, things I can represent our great nation with. When I saw that on my jacket, I was really disappointed in Carhartt, I thought they were all American and would be from here. Well not the best source but a link and an explanation why my favorite jacket and work clothes are made in Mexico.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carhartt#External_links

Old 11-05-2011, 09:35 PM   #2
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I try as much as I can to buy local made or made in the usa.
Just noticed this the other day as well looking through LL Bean everything said imported not much made in Maine anymore.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:38 PM   #4
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
is there such an option anymore?
Old 11-05-2011, 09:40 PM   #5
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: I Babysit Adults
Name: Joben
Joben7726's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-05-2011, 09:41 PM   #6
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I was looking at under armour and they are made in the philipines, and it still costs a ton!
Old 11-05-2011, 09:42 PM   #7
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
My item is made right here in Montana!
Old 11-05-2011, 10:04 PM   #9
ignorance is bliss,
tacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon's Mom View Post
I try as much as I can to buy local made or made in the usa.
Just noticed this the other day as well looking through LL Bean everything said imported not much made in Maine anymore.
sucks on the LL bean Too. not much made in the states!!!!! i sent Carhartt a email expressing my opinion.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:11 PM   #10
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
I look for Made in U.S.A. when I can.

What irritates me is companies like Carhartt charging Made in America prices for Made in Mexico items
Old 11-05-2011, 10:20 PM   #11
ignorance is bliss,

looked at my other clothes and

Said made in China!!!!
Old 11-05-2011, 10:21 PM   #12
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I try to buy everything I can thats made here in the USA.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:27 PM   #13
ftttu is a jewel in the roughftttu is a jewel in the roughftttu is a jewel in the roughftttu is a jewel in the rough
Law Enforcement:
Name: K
ftttu's Tacoma Gallery
You really really want to know what pissed me off royally a few weeks ago??? Well I'll tell you anyway. I was in Kohl's a few weeks ago and I saw a pair of Levi's 501 jeans made in Egypt. Never never never would I ever purchase those. Also, i would not be on this forum if my Tacoma was made in China. Too me, the location of manufacture and assembly mean something.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:31 PM   #15
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Some of our Tacomas were made in Mexico. Does that change your mind?
Old 11-05-2011, 10:38 PM   #16
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
It's a shame about Carhartt although I'd take Mexico over China or Bangladesh. Danner still makes some of their boots in the USA.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:38 PM   #17
ignorance is bliss,

I really don't think we as Americans can live on American built stuff!!!

If i stopped today and only bought made in America, there wouldnt be much or it would be out of my budget. Someone should live off American built, American made, American Grown food. The sausage in my frige said " Bazilain, mexico, and other countries!!! my food isn't from here!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2011, 10:42 PM   #18
ignorance is bliss,

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
Some of our Tacomas were made in Mexico. Does that change your mind?
Yeah it does, i have had a change of mind in the past couple years since i have bought my truck. I would like to go all American but can't. my TV, XBOX and such. I plugged in as much as everyone else using a computer!!!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2011, 10:47 PM   #19
I bring the feel goods w/a heavy load of sarcasm
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
most of the food i buy is made in America.....does that count as being patriotic?
Old 11-05-2011, 10:47 PM   #20
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by afd23a View Post
It's a shame about Carhartt although I'd take Mexico over China or Bangladesh. Danner still makes some of their boots in the USA.
I specifically paid 2x more for my american made red wings and I am glad I did