Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Vendor harassment

Old 11-06-2011, 10:06 AM   #1
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Vendor harassment

I purchased 2 sets of lights from a seller. I received the first set of lights after prompt payment. The second set were on "backorder" for almost 2 months. In this time I was not able to get a response from the seller. I contacted a friend of his who made himself available to help the seller correct his ways.

The friend sent me an alternative set of lights after about another month. This alternative set of lights were broken. Again the seller was not responding. The friend finally got the seller to get intouch with me and we agreed that he would send me the new harness to make the lights work and a shipping label for the old harness. This did not happen.

I started a claim through paypal just before the friend got the seller to contact me about the new harness. The harness never showed up and the claim was elevated to a dispute which paypal refunded me for. Now I have one working set of lights and one broken set..

The seller is now harassing me demanding that I send him the money or the lights, threatening legal action if I don't.

What would you do?
Old 11-06-2011, 10:10 AM   #3
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Ignore him like he ignored you. Tell him you sent them back and to fuck off
Old 11-06-2011, 10:10 AM   #4
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Send his shit back. Freight collect. Put a couple of extra bricks in the box.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:16 AM   #5
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Is it a member here? abugslife? (just kidding)

I would tell him f you, you send me what I ordered first and you can have the broken ones back on your dime. However if it has been settled by PayPal just leave it at that; the more contact you have with him you may incriminate yourself in the event he ipens a counter-dispute. If I am correct, you now have all of your money back, or just the money for the set you did not receive?
Old 11-06-2011, 10:28 AM   #7
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
Send his shit back. Freight collect. Put a couple of extra bricks in the box.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
If you got your money back he deserves his stuff back-but only on his dime.
I have to agree with these two.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:30 AM   #8
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
6 months later, right
Old 11-06-2011, 10:39 AM   #12
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch aka View Post
x1
Disagree!

There is a point to where his f-up or bad service deserves to be a comp on his part. Much like when you go out to eat and your meal is completely wrong several times to only get it right the fifth time, at that point the restaurant has to eat the free meal. With all the time and effort you had to put into it, he should not get his stuff back, which is the way PayPal sees it. Its one thing if you get the wrong order and he works with you to get things right, but when you spend six months to try and just get some answers, sorry, he will have to learn to be a better business man if he is going to run a successful business.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:39 AM   #13
marcchrisv is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
marcchrisv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
I agree with both of the ^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 11-06-2011, 10:42 AM   #14
LRGRNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjew18 View Post
Disagree!

There is a point to where his f-up or bad service deserves to be a comp on his part. Much like when you go out to eat and your meal is completely wrong several times to only get it right the fifth time, at that point the restaurant has to eat the free meal. With all the time and effort you had to put into it, he should not get his stuff back, which is the way PayPal sees it. Its one thing if you get the wrong order and he works with you to get things right, but when you spend six months to try and just get some answers, sorry, he will have to learn to be a better business man if he is going to run a successful business.
I agree with this. He's trying to run a business, that's part of running a business. Though it was only like 4 months.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:48 AM   #15
the Nightman cometh!

jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman614 View Post
I agree with this. He's trying to run a business, that's part of running a business. Though it was only like 4 months.
Now don't keep changing the story if I am going to defend you , I can't be a good lawyer if I don't know the truth!
Old 11-06-2011, 05:36 PM   #16
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
make him pay for the shipping label, send his shit back and wipe your hands clean of the problem...
Old 11-06-2011, 08:46 PM   #17
LRGRNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntbiker2008 View Post
make him pay for the shipping label, send him shit back and wipe your ass clean of the problem...
I will mail the box around to anyone that is willing to make a donation!
Old 11-06-2011, 08:59 PM   #19
LRGRNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
Okay if the vendor is blacklisted, then why not disclose?
To keep things civil in here.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:04 PM   #20
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
I'm all for civility, but I don't think it would be a problem if no one in question is a part of this site. Just sayin.

Agreed though, I wouldn't worry about it. If he's too lazy to run a good business, then he is probably too lazy to follow up on it.