Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

earthquake in the heartland

Old 11-06-2011, 12:45 PM   #1
kane is one of the sharper tools in the shedkane is one of the sharper tools in the shedkane is one of the sharper tools in the shedkane is one of the sharper tools in the shedkane is one of the sharper tools in the shedkane is one of the sharper tools in the shedkane is one of the sharper tools in the shedkane is one of the sharper tools in the shedkane is one of the sharper tools in the shedkane is one of the sharper tools in the shedkane is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kane's Tacoma Gallery
earthquake in the heartland

So I haven't seen anything on this yet but at about 5 min till 11 last night im awoken to my apt rattling and look over my remotes are shuffling across the table. I jump up and run outside to see if its a tornado or what? (Since May 22ndneed we had an EF5 tornado locally ) and then I realize its no storm its an earthquake! WTF we don't have this stuff around here! Well they apparently had several yesterday a couple hundred miles away near Oklahoma City. Kinda freaky when your not expecting it.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:58 PM   #2
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
We felt it too. Lived in Texas my whole life never had this problem until within the last 5 years or so, we have had a dozen that I can recall (I know this is nothing for Californians, but new to us). Same with snow, we have had it before, but not like the last few years.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:00 PM   #3
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
Reported as a 1.5 tehehe. You guys actually felt that?

Edit: different quake
Old 11-06-2011, 01:01 PM   #4
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cummins6speed View Post
Reported as a 1.5 tehehe. You guys actually felt that?
It was actually a 5.6 I think? The strongest quake they've seen since 1952.

CNN Article

Over 30 aftershocks!

Fink
Old 11-06-2011, 01:03 PM   #5
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Maybe you are right. The USGS reported a 1.5 in Missouri on the 4th
Old 11-06-2011, 01:03 PM   #6
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cummins6speed View Post
Maybe you are right. The USGS reported a 1.5 in Missouri on the 4th
I hadn't heard about that one.

Fink
Old 11-06-2011, 01:07 PM   #7

10:53pm Nov. 5- 5.6 magnitude in Oaklahoma
Old 11-06-2011, 01:32 PM   #8
kane is one of the sharper tools in the shedkane is one of the sharper tools in the shedkane is one of the sharper tools in the shedkane is one of the sharper tools in the shedkane is one of the sharper tools in the shedkane is one of the sharper tools in the shedkane is one of the sharper tools in the shedkane is one of the sharper tools in the shedkane is one of the sharper tools in the shedkane is one of the sharper tools in the shedkane is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kane's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah it was 5.6 and I agree prob nothing for the west coast guys but quite a surprise for someone like me who has never experienced it
Old 11-06-2011, 01:38 PM   #9
kane's Tacoma Gallery
Sure kinda makes me wonder what's going on that we are having so many changes in our world
Old 11-06-2011, 01:39 PM   #10
Motorboatin' SOB

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane View Post
Sure kinda makes me wonder what's going on that we are having so many changes in our world
It's the zombies.

Fink
Old 11-06-2011, 01:41 PM   #11
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Eventually you just learn to rock with the roll.....

7.1 was my biggest quake. And proud that I survived it.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:42 PM   #12
Big things have small beginnings
staticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Commo: You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!
Name: Steve
staticsquelch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fink View Post
It's the zombies.

Fink
^^^ This