Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Anyone been to Disney lately?

Old 11-08-2011, 01:24 PM   #1
TacoAL is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAL is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAL is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAL is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAL is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAL is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAL is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAL is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAL is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAL is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: AL
TacoAL's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone been to Disney lately?

If please post up some attractions that are more adult oriented.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:46 PM   #2
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
Downtown Disney is more adult themed, the nightlife area of Disney. Raglan Road is a good Irish pub in Downtown Disney.

FWIW, Disney is about kids and being a kid again.

Good luck.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:52 PM   #3
Christ-a-licious
Battle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 15-6'rs
Name: Korben
Battle Pope's Tacoma Gallery
disneyland doesn't serve beer! Downtown disney for overpriced booze. Also they have a beer garden.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:56 PM   #4
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Disney Land or Disney World?
Old 11-08-2011, 06:57 PM   #5
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
last time i was at disneyworld i was 10. i was at the donald duck ship where you stomp on a button and a sprinkler pops up and sprays water. so you got all these happy kids in swim trunks running around making water shoot everywhere. and there was also a 10 year old jgwheeler17 doing the same thing, except i ran over a slot where the sprinkler pops up just as another kid hit that button and it went up my heel. blood everywhere, me crying, rest of the week im in a gosh damn wheel chair. that . . .place . . . blows.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:59 PM   #6
Christ-a-licious
Battle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 15-6'rs
Name: Korben
Battle Pope's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
last time i was at disneyworld i was 10. i was at the donald duck ship where you stomp on a button and a sprinkler pops up and sprays water. so you got all these happy kids in swim trunks running around making water shoot everywhere. and there was also a 10 year old jgwheeler17 doing the same thing, except i ran over a slot where the sprinkler pops up just as another kid hit that button and it went up my heel. blood everywhere, me crying, rest of the week im in a gosh damn wheel chair. that . . .place . . . blows.
my bad bro...no hard feelings. :beer:
Old 11-08-2011, 07:00 PM   #7
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcqueen280 View Post
x2 on that
if youre talking florida, the only good ride since ive been is space mountain (it'd slide in as a mediocre ride at universal but its the most intense i know of at disney)
are you going b/c kids? if so, they can hang in space mtn too if theyre maybe 8 or older they should be fine
if you dont have kids, just hit universal. its the best ive been to other than king's dominion (kd has better rides, universal is themed so well and they have so much cool shit)
That's what I was going to get at too.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:02 PM   #8
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
EPCOT is good for adults. I like the World Showcase. I also enjoy Animal Kingdom.

Not Disney, but I agree with others above that Universal is best. I was there last week.
Try to go on a week day - weekends are too busy.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:32 AM   #9
alexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud of
Name: Eric
alexander323bc's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys i am going in a 3 weeks. Anyone do the wild africa trek at the animal kingdom?
Old 02-01-2012, 07:38 AM   #10
N7MCS
Chipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31R, HHB, 2/43 ADA Battalian, 108th ADA Brigade, XVIII Airborne Corps
Name: Chip
Chipskip's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcqueen280 View Post
if you dont have kids, just hit universal....
I have to disagree. I am a kid at heart "I don't ever want to grow up, I am a Toys R' Us kid!" I go ever couple of years to Disney Land, I have a blast running around like I am 10 ridding every ride I can, twice! I got to go with my mom to Disney World last year, I had a blast at every park ridding every ride I could. As a matter of fact my mother is now a seasonal employee at DW just so she can get the free passes to the park.

Disney is about being a kid, not just for kids. Go, buy yourself an ear hat or goofy hat, and have fun!
Old 02-01-2012, 07:39 AM   #11
N7MCS
Chipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31R, HHB, 2/43 ADA Battalian, 108th ADA Brigade, XVIII Airborne Corps
Name: Chip
Chipskip's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander323bc View Post
Hey guys i am going in a 3 weeks. Anyone do the wild africa trek at the animal kingdom?
It is a nice relaxing ride, not as much fun as Bush Gardens, but still cool. The lion was up and roaring... something the tour guide said he hadn't seen in 5 years of working that ride.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:51 AM   #12
alexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud of
The trek isnt a ride, its the 3 hour hike through the safari
Old 02-01-2012, 08:00 AM   #13
2010 double cab TRD Sport
El Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shed

El Tano's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Disney Land or Disney World?
Yea, about to ask the same question.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:00 AM   #14
"Man Ho"
2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
2010Tacoma4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Both Disney and Universal are fun to me. We have had annual passes to both parks at one time or another. My kids are older teenagers now so we have passes to Universal - City Walk - Islands of Adventure.
Disney to me is more laid back entertainment with the classic style attractions...small world, haunted mansion, space mountain gets a little more thrilling. Downtown Disney is cool. We liked the Rainforest Cafe'. It's all fun to do.
Universal and Islands of Adventure are directly next to each other so if you choose that route I would do both parks. They have more of the thrill seeker rides with coasters, gravity drop, simulator rides (the Simpsons is a must....wooohooo!!). The entrance to both parks is at city walk....very cool places to eat there. Bubba Gumps, Margeritaville, NASCAR cafe...etc.

Either way you shouldn't be disappointed.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:20 AM   #15
I am going to Disney world. I will get there on valentines day. Dont ask I didn't pick the date so I am going to straight to the beer garden to try and justify that. I was told there are night clubs in downtown Disney? are these good clubs or are you better off just hitting up d-town Orlando for a little break? If anyone has the done the wild africa trek through animal kingdom can you tell me anything about it?
Old 02-01-2012, 10:56 AM   #16
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I am going to Disney world. I will get there on valentines day. Dont ask I didn't pick the date so I am going to straight to the beer garden to try and justify that. I was told there are night clubs in downtown Disney? are these good clubs or are you better off just hitting up d-town Orlando for a little break? If anyone has the done the wild africa trek through animal kingdom can you tell me anything about it?
It all blows
Old 02-01-2012, 11:04 AM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
It all blows
well that sucks i guess i should have just gone to the keys
Old 02-01-2012, 11:28 AM   #18
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
well that sucks i guess i should have just gone to the keys
Now thats grown up fun,,,,, The Keys & (key west, nude beach, cheep beer and smoke a fatty in the sidewalk cafe and no one cares) Jim... PS do not pass out in a gay bar....
Old 02-01-2012, 11:31 AM   #19
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
Now thats grown up fun,,,,, The Keys & (key west, nude beach, cheep beer and smoke a fatty in the sidewalk cafe and no one cares) Jim... PS do not pass out in a gay bar....
So what did they do to ya?
Old 02-01-2012, 11:41 AM   #20
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
So what did they do to ya?
Went in one with the old lady and everyone in there looked at us with a WTF face on made a u turn at the door, talk about haters. Watch out for the names over the bars doors and you are ok... Jim