1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Oh, the joy of dumb ass's getting caught

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Oat, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Nov 8, 2011 at 10:46 PM
    qkblood

qkblood Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Q
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    1998 xcab 4x4
    x10

2. Nov 8, 2011 at 10:51 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes

sub'd.

:D

3. Nov 8, 2011 at 10:53 PM
    GatorComa

GatorComa Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robby
    St. Augustine, FL
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD OR 4x4
  4. Nov 8, 2011 at 11:15 PM
    S.B.

S.B. Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    15 Taco
    LT, Glass, CBI Front bumper, NWTI Rear bumper, 35s
    Was me one time: Driving down HWY 234 heading to the mountains, I was trying not to be late for my skiing lesson, I pass a bunch of cars, then passed 3 at the same time (was the last 3 of the bunch), doing 90. Then all of a sudden it turned into a 45 zone, and I had already slowed to 77, (thinking there would be no cops) I passed 2 and then everyone I passed caught up and passed me. Need less to say I got a hefty ticket.

5. Nov 9, 2011 at 12:06 AM
    Jib Bandits

Jib Bandits Pork eating crusader. An "infidel".

Member:
    First Name:
    Ari
    Cedar Fort, UT
    Vehicle:
    06 Access TRD Sport
    Red devil horn emblem, All-Pro Expo leafs, Fox shocks, K&N CAI, aFe throttle body spacer, Flowmaster american thunder dual exhuast, Defender roof rack, Hell Bent steel level kit, Rigid Dually LED lights, smoked halo headlights, smoked LED taillights, Cobra CB, red badge mod(+30 HP), Spider-Trax wheel spacers!
    Oh I was one of these dumbasses once. Back in the day I was driving to work in the wee hours of the morning on the rural HW from my house and had just passed someone not going fast enough, so I was at about 80 MPH when I look down from my mirror to see a herd of deer in the road. 4 confirmed kills later, my little yota was still running!!

deeeeeer.jpg
    IMG_0686.jpg

6. Nov 9, 2011 at 10:54 AM
    Oat

Oat [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2001 Prerunner
    Gibson Exhaust, Painted factory steel wheels, Chrome wheel caps, K&N Air intake, Tint, Regular Bilstein (yellow/blue) all around, Leveling spacer kit upfront, Partially de-badged, Westin Bullbar with skidplate, White, Double Cab Prerunner SR5
    ttt

7. Nov 9, 2011 at 11:20 AM
    gooch14

gooch14 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Michigan
    Vehicle:
    2011 Blk DC Taco SR5 4x LB
    Bestop, Child Seats, petrified french fry, dog hair, empty Mtn Dew cans cracked windshield, scratches.
    Buddy of mine was cruising down a Michigan 2 laner (55) heading home after a movie with a date. A car comes up behind them and hangs there for a bit, then decides to pass. He's driving one of the Talon's that everyone wanted post Fast and Furious so he decides "downshift and mash" and dusts the car who promptly tucks in back behind him and lights him up.

dildo.

8. Nov 9, 2011 at 11:29 AM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    Middle of Wyoming in january on I-80. Windy as hell, below freezing, drifts were blowing across the road and the cars were packing it, turning into ice. I was doing 40 mph because there was so much wind sheer. I watch two semis pulling doubles go flying past me doin about 65. I proceeded to hold my finger out the window as they passed, informing them they are number one. My wife criticizes me, says they didnt' deserve that. I told her, yes they do, they are idiots, especially since they are pulling doubles. It started getting windier, and eventually my truck started weathervaning as I'm driving down the highway, NOT FUN.

Anyways, 2 miles down the road and both semis were on their side in the ditch. Looked at my wife and said 'Told ya'.

Was worse though because on the opposite lanes, I saw a 30+ foot horse trailer on it's side. Couldn't have been good.

9. Nov 9, 2011 at 11:33 AM
    hetkind

hetkind Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Howard
    Johnson City
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 Access Cab, white with Leer Cap
    bilstein set at 1.75, Racho 5000 rear with 4 leaf kit, floor mats, high lift jack, pull hook in hitch, bed rail corner braces, severe duty brake pads and devil horns on the grill....
    I see stupid things every day...while I was in commuting in Dallas on an OLD BMW R80 (aircooled flat twin) I would often lanesplit to avoid overheating the bike. But that was semi-legal.

Where I live now, way up in the hills, I have to pull someone out of the ditch on a regular basis, all winter long.

Howard

10. Nov 9, 2011 at 11:59 AM
    macgyver

macgyver Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Tundra double cab SR5 4x4
    The best "dumbass getting caught" moment was one I witnessed a few years ago on my way to work one morning.

Some jackass in a mustang GT was weaving in an out of traffic. Mind you this was morning traffic and he wasn't getting very far because I witnessed the whole thing. He was passing people on the left shoulder and in the emergency lane on the right shoulder. I'm sitting in the right lane and he's two cars in front of me in the right lane. He proceeds to dart across to the left lane, onto the left shoulder to go around a Jeep Grand Cherokee that was in the left lane. He cuts off the Jeep in the left lane and cuts all the way back across to the far right exit lane. All of a sudden the Jeep Grand Cherokee's rear window lights up with blue lights. He darts across traffic and pulls the douche in the mustang over. PWN3D by an officer in and unmarked JEEP!!!

11. Nov 9, 2011 at 12:10 PM
    Warhorseforever

Warhorseforever Will The Thrill

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Sand Lapper
    Vehicle:
    2001 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner SR5
    Kenwood KDC-348U HU Kicker DS65 Front Doors Only 2 Polk Audio MM840 Kenwood KAC 8105D for subs SuperCrewSound.com behind rear seat sub box
    About a month ago I was going home from a party taking everyone else home, DD, on a 2 lane road in the middle of the boondocks when I saw head lights a few hundred yards back. Me thinking it was a cop I slow down to the speed limit and put it on cruise and didn't look back. Next thing I know there are a set of headlight about 10 feet behind me it was a little Honda Accord. They passed me took off and got to 100+ while passing me they turned off their headlights and ride "blacked out" on one of the most deer infested roads around here I believe that they were drunk by the way that they were weaving in their lane. It was a full moon so you could see the road without much problem but that's asking for trouble. They didn't get caught as far as I know.

12. Nov 9, 2011 at 12:42 PM
    TexAggie

TexAggie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    OME Lift
    So one summer my brother and I hot shot for my grandad. One day in Iowa going down a two lane two way dirt road at about 50 in a 55 some guy pulls out right in front of us. At the last second he sees us and gets over into the left oncoming lane until we pass and then gets in behind us. So at this point our hearts are in our throats but we're glad nothing was damaged and everyone is ok. A few seconds later the same guy comes speeding around us, and a few miles up the road at a stop sign decides to get out and tell how stupid we were because he didn't see us and we didn't stop for him!! Now mind you we are in a flat bed with a 32' loaded trailer going downhill on an unpaved road. Anyways nothing came of it he let off his steam and we just smiled at him and kept going down the road.

13. Nov 9, 2011 at 1:27 PM
    BattleStatic

BattleStatic Gluten Free

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Goodyear
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD O.R. 4x4
    OME 885's w/Nitro Chargers and Dakar rear leafs ATX AX199 Mohave I I (0 offset, 4.5" bs) BFG KM2 285 75 16 Avid Sliders w/ kickoffs Pelfreybilt rack w/ Tepui RTT Katzkin front and rear Sunroof
    Drive on the right, pass on the left. Come on people let's get this right.:annoyed:

14. Nov 9, 2011 at 5:18 PM
    2004TacomaSR5

2004TacomaSR5 Nemesis Prime

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DCSB & 1980 Toyota Pickup 4WD
    Tacoma is stock and staying that way, Pickup is TBA as of now.
    Yeah, one time driving to Vegas some Mexican in a riced out Honda that was a failed attempt at looking like a Fast and Furious car, he blows by me in my old 74 Monte Carlo doing well over 90 and begins to cut through traffic. About 5 miles down the interstate I go by him pulled over by a trooper, all I could do was laugh. Plus the officer had him out of the car and was questioning him, probably if he had drugs in the car more than likely.

15. Nov 9, 2011 at 5:24 PM
    pyroskier

pyroskier Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Laramie, WY
    Vehicle:
    2004 Ext Cab TRD 3.4

Let me guess... you were probably right here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=41.743652,+-106.854401+(Middle of no where Wyoming)&iwloc=A&hl=en

16. Nov 9, 2011 at 6:01 PM
    kmok

kmok Plastidipped ma Hootus!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Columbus, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2005 Subaru Outback XT 5MT
    Subd

17. Nov 9, 2011 at 10:52 PM
    arrrghhh

arrrghhh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road
    Custom Front Bumper, Smittybilt XRC-8, 3" OME lift, 33" Falken A/T tires
    Original...

:rolleyes:

18. Nov 9, 2011 at 10:55 PM
    Maverick904

Maverick904 Resident Fishing Expert

Member:
    First Name:
    Kameron
    Northeast Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail 4x4
    3" Procomp Lift, BDF Light Bar, Borla Stainless Cat-Back System, 2 10" Polk MM Subs, LED Interior Lighting, Pioneer Touch Screen, Kicker Speakers up front, Sonys in the back, Grillcraft grill, 20% tint, Weathertechs, Projector Retrofit Headlights. BHLM
    Riding in my friends suby, driving from Mooresville NC to Charlotte NC on I77. My buddy was on his bike and was zoomin by. some kid in a piece o shiz nissan saw my buddy on the bike and took off after him. soon as he accelerated we saw a car on the side of the highway, as soon as the kid passed we all saw brake lights from the car on the side and the cop lit up and chased the dumbass down. luckily by buddy on his bike saw him and slowed down.

19. Nov 10, 2011 at 2:24 AM
    808hiker

808hiker Taco addict

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Big Island, Hawaii
    Haha yeah this happened to me once too. The douche passed something like 5 cars including me and got his ass stopped by a cop right after he passed me. The expression of the guy's face was priceless as I drove past him.

20. Nov 10, 2011 at 6:37 AM
    myname150

myname150 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I was on the way home and it was about 3PM so no rush hour yet, but it's suburban streets here with speed limits at most at 40MPH. I get to this single left turn lane to go left into a 3 lane one way street...

Now, there was this teenage girl (in Daddy's new Merc too!) that you could tell was in a hurry because of how closely they come to stopping behind you and how quickly they do it. However, she didn't notice that an unmarked police Dodge Charger also pulled up behind her. I knew she was in a hurry so when I made the turn I went into the farthest right lane so she can pass, BUT she also takes the same lane, decides I'm going too slow, proceeds to CUT OFF the cop and floor it!

Lights and siren come on. I stayed in the right lane laughing my ass off :D

Products Discussed in

To Top