1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My rant

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by pyroskier, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Nov 8, 2011 at 9:25 PM
    pyroskier

pyroskier [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Laramie, WY
    Vehicle:
    2004 Ext Cab TRD 3.4
    Alright, buckle up, it's gonna be a rough one...

Today in the walmart parking lot (classy, I know), a kid that I went to HS with came up to me and said:

"Nice truck, how much did your daddy pay for it? He probably spent a lot on those tires too!" Obviously trying to be a dick. I am pissed. Yes, my dad is an Attorney, but no where in the book does that make him/us rich (he runs his own firm, gets paid last, my mom (elementary teacher) makes more than him some years...). My parents have not put a singe f****** dollar into my truck, AND I'M GLAD!

I have lived on my own since graduation of HS. I have worked 3 jobs my entire teenage/adult life, while going to college full-time (Accounting & Computer Science). I worked my ass off for my toys. I bought my first car (didn't have a car in HS) in march of this year (my tacoma) with my own money. Financed it myself, parents didn't even co-sign. I pay my own insurance, gas, repairs, rent, bills, tuition, books, food, clothes, you name it. It really pisses me off to hear people call me "spoiled", when I buy EVERYTHING for myself.

Then I come on here and see kids (prolly 16/17) with their brand new '11 that they say their parents bought them. Yeah they may be graduation presents, but so what? My parents got me gift cards to the Grocery store for a graduation present for food, not a brand new truck that I don't deserve. I'm not saying it's bad parenting technique, but really? Teach your kid some f****** responsibility. Get a job, save some money, do it yourself. Your kid is going to grow up as a moocher or a trust-fund bitch.

Just because my parents worked their asses off to give their family a good life, does not mean that they pay for everything. They got their success through responsibility, and they are teaching us that by making us pay for our own stuff. If we were REALLY in trouble financially, they would help, but they raised us right and taught us how to be responsible.

So to wrap this up, if you see a teenager rollin' in a brand new car that you know their parents bought, you can give them shit. But when it's people like me who have worked hard on their own for what they have, think twice about letting your lip slip.

end rant. I need a drink

2. Nov 8, 2011 at 9:29 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    How exactly are you supposed to tell who bought the truck ?

3. Nov 8, 2011 at 9:31 PM
    4x4jeep

4x4jeep Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Destin FL.
    :cheers: I bought mine

4. Nov 8, 2011 at 9:31 PM
    especk

especk Nothin' Special

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Redding, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Reg Cab 4x4
    3" OME lift with 885 coils on nitrocharger 90000 shocks with 5mm trim packer on driver's side, TC UCAs, Rear OME Dakar leafs with nitrocharger shocks, All-pro U-bolt flip kit and 3* Toytec shims, extended rear brakelines, 16" Raceline Rockcrusher 887 wheels with 3.6" backspacking, BFG KM2 305/70/16 tires, Doug Thorley header, Doug Thorley catback exhaust, Volant CAI with ram air, Weathertech floor mats, Kicker 12" sub, Kenwood 500W RMS amp, Relentless Fab front and rear bumpers, 4.88 gears, custom flatbed with swing out tire carrier
    what did u say back to the guy?

5. Nov 8, 2011 at 9:32 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    Next time just look him in the eye and tell him you paid for it yourself.

Like OZ said, you cant tell who paid for the vehicle just by looks.

My dad's a pediatrician with a private practice and my mom's a CPA. I get the same shit all the time.

It's up to you to give a shit or not

6. Nov 8, 2011 at 9:33 PM
    Tigahshark

Tigahshark Senior NEWBIE

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac
    On a volcano, literally!
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD off road 4X4
    Tint Weathertech floor liner, weathertech window visor Roll n lock tonneau cover Rubber bed mat Smoked license plate covers
    I dont let idiots get me mad

7. Nov 8, 2011 at 9:33 PM
    pyroskier

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Laramie, WY
    Vehicle:
    2004 Ext Cab TRD 3.4
    I mean on here. Like that DB who traded his Taco for a Hummer for a Land Rover. Obvious his daddy bought it. I don't know. I'm just pissed. You can tell just by looking at someone and their attitude about their car if they bought it or not, like the 16 year old girls who drive Beemers and Mercedes Benz's. And you tend to take MUCH better care of a car you bought rather than a car your parents bought.

8. Nov 8, 2011 at 9:34 PM
    Konaborne

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    You cant change anything through the internet-
    Just gotta let things go and accept that crap like that happens

9. Nov 8, 2011 at 9:35 PM
    pyroskier

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Laramie, WY
    Vehicle:
    2004 Ext Cab TRD 3.4
    I know. People are just idiots though. I would never say anything like that about someone else's truck, whether they bought it or not. Just makes me mad knowing there's people out there that think they can rip on people like that.

10. Nov 8, 2011 at 9:36 PM
    Tigahshark

Tigahshark Senior NEWBIE

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac
    On a volcano, literally!
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD off road 4X4
    Tint Weathertech floor liner, weathertech window visor Roll n lock tonneau cover Rubber bed mat Smoked license plate covers
    What it all boils down to is who cares, like i said dont let idiots make you mad just brush that shit off. No one has to explain anything to anyone, as long as you know your shit thats all that matters

11. Nov 8, 2011 at 9:36 PM
    especk

especk Nothin' Special

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Redding, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Reg Cab 4x4
    3" OME lift with 885 coils on nitrocharger 90000 shocks with 5mm trim packer on driver's side, TC UCAs, Rear OME Dakar leafs with nitrocharger shocks, All-pro U-bolt flip kit and 3* Toytec shims, extended rear brakelines, 16" Raceline Rockcrusher 887 wheels with 3.6" backspacking, BFG KM2 305/70/16 tires, Doug Thorley header, Doug Thorley catback exhaust, Volant CAI with ram air, Weathertech floor mats, Kicker 12" sub, Kenwood 500W RMS amp, Relentless Fab front and rear bumpers, 4.88 gears, custom flatbed with swing out tire carrier
    just be proud u bought your own. nothing to get mad about. it should make u feel good :)

12. Nov 8, 2011 at 9:37 PM
    Konaborne

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    yep. people suck

13. Nov 8, 2011 at 9:40 PM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
    245k+ miles, rust, working AC, bald eagles
    so what did you say back to the guy?

14. Nov 8, 2011 at 9:41 PM
    acdronin

acdronin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Well, you're 21 and responsible, sounds like your parents raised you right, me at 21? I'da knocked the motherfucker to the ground and kicked the crap outta him, BUT i'm older now and know better. I pounded into my son's head never to care what jackasses think of him and it worked. Be proud of your truck and yourself. I worked my ass off to get what I have and i stopped giving a shit what people think twenty five years ago.

15. Nov 8, 2011 at 9:41 PM
    pyroskier

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Laramie, WY
    Vehicle:
    2004 Ext Cab TRD 3.4
    I was too pissed to say anything, and I was on the phone. Wish I could have said something. He's a dick.

16. Nov 8, 2011 at 9:41 PM
    Tigahshark

Tigahshark Senior NEWBIE

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac
    On a volcano, literally!
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD off road 4X4
    ME, i dont even care if/when people act bad ass, just as long as they not directing it personally to me like shouting at me "whats up" cause if they do then i have a problem. Other then that pretty much nothing bothers me. Dont like WASTING my time on idiots!

17. Nov 8, 2011 at 9:41 PM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    fuck the fucking fuckers.

18. Nov 8, 2011 at 9:43 PM
    pyroskier

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Laramie, WY
    Vehicle:
    2004 Ext Cab TRD 3.4
    Well said

19. Nov 8, 2011 at 9:48 PM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
    245k+ miles, rust, working AC, bald eagles
    lol

and I have to admit, my dad bought my first vehicle, a 1983 ford bronco with rust holes everywhere, a drivers side window that fell down if you hit the door (held it up with bailing wire), and a freshly rebuilt 4.9L I6. I loved that thing.

When I finally saved up some money I bought myself a 1991 GMC sonoma for 1300 bucks at which point he took back the bronco and sold it. I learned A LOT working on these trucks before finally buying myself something nice (my tacoma) and Im very glad my parents made me work for things.

Point is, I agree that not buying your kid a brand new truck is a good parenting move. It teaches responsibility which is something a lot of people in this generation have no understanding of.

20. Nov 8, 2011 at 9:51 PM
    tacoman15

tacoman15 Boobies

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Northeast Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma TRD OR & 1985 SR5 4Runner
    so because my parent's bought my tacoma i don't love mine as much as you love yours? my tacoma is my baby. i care about that truck more than anything else that i own. are my parents well off because my dad started his own security company from the ground up? yes. am i rich because my parents have money? no. i have a job. i am also a full time student. i live paycheck to paycheck. i buy my own food, pay my own rent, cell phone bill, etc etc. i am extremely grateful that my parents bought my truck for me. i think you are over-reacting just a little bit. mad props to you for supporting yourself for as long as you have but seriously? i mean what can you do about a kid driving a 50,000 dollar car that his/her parents bought for their 16th birthday? nothing. shit happens. and like OZ said, how are you supposed to tell who bought the vehicle? just because a kid is driving a nice car and you know his/her parents bought it for them doesn't mean you can give them shit. but what are you gonna do? haters gonna hate and the world goes round

Products Discussed in

To Top