Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

My rant

Old 11-08-2011, 09:25 PM   #1
A country boy can survive
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
pyroskier's Tacoma Gallery
My rant

Alright, buckle up, it's gonna be a rough one...

Today in the walmart parking lot (classy, I know), a kid that I went to HS with came up to me and said:

"Nice truck, how much did your daddy pay for it? He probably spent a lot on those tires too!" Obviously trying to be a dick. I am pissed. Yes, my dad is an Attorney, but no where in the book does that make him/us rich (he runs his own firm, gets paid last, my mom (elementary teacher) makes more than him some years...). My parents have not put a singe f****** dollar into my truck, AND I'M GLAD!

I have lived on my own since graduation of HS. I have worked 3 jobs my entire teenage/adult life, while going to college full-time (Accounting & Computer Science). I worked my ass off for my toys. I bought my first car (didn't have a car in HS) in march of this year (my tacoma) with my own money. Financed it myself, parents didn't even co-sign. I pay my own insurance, gas, repairs, rent, bills, tuition, books, food, clothes, you name it. It really pisses me off to hear people call me "spoiled", when I buy EVERYTHING for myself.

Then I come on here and see kids (prolly 16/17) with their brand new '11 that they say their parents bought them. Yeah they may be graduation presents, but so what? My parents got me gift cards to the Grocery store for a graduation present for food, not a brand new truck that I don't deserve. I'm not saying it's bad parenting technique, but really? Teach your kid some f****** responsibility. Get a job, save some money, do it yourself. Your kid is going to grow up as a moocher or a trust-fund bitch.

Just because my parents worked their asses off to give their family a good life, does not mean that they pay for everything. They got their success through responsibility, and they are teaching us that by making us pay for our own stuff. If we were REALLY in trouble financially, they would help, but they raised us right and taught us how to be responsible.

So to wrap this up, if you see a teenager rollin' in a brand new car that you know their parents bought, you can give them shit. But when it's people like me who have worked hard on their own for what they have, think twice about letting your lip slip.

end rant. I need a drink
Old 11-08-2011, 09:29 PM   #2
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
How exactly are you supposed to tell who bought the truck ?
Old 11-08-2011, 09:31 PM   #3
Banned
4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
4x4jeep's Tacoma Gallery
I bought mine
Old 11-08-2011, 09:32 PM   #5
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Next time just look him in the eye and tell him you paid for it yourself.

Like OZ said, you cant tell who paid for the vehicle just by looks.

My dad's a pediatrician with a private practice and my mom's a CPA. I get the same shit all the time.

It's up to you to give a shit or not
Old 11-08-2011, 09:33 PM   #6
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
I dont let idiots get me mad
Old 11-08-2011, 09:33 PM   #7
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I mean on here. Like that DB who traded his Taco for a Hummer for a Land Rover. Obvious his daddy bought it. I don't know. I'm just pissed. You can tell just by looking at someone and their attitude about their car if they bought it or not, like the 16 year old girls who drive Beemers and Mercedes Benz's. And you tend to take MUCH better care of a car you bought rather than a car your parents bought.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
You cant change anything through the internet-
Just gotta let things go and accept that crap like that happens
I know. People are just idiots though. I would never say anything like that about someone else's truck, whether they bought it or not. Just makes me mad knowing there's people out there that think they can rip on people like that.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:36 PM   #10
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

What it all boils down to is who cares, like i said dont let idiots make you mad just brush that shit off. No one has to explain anything to anyone, as long as you know your shit thats all that matters
Old 11-08-2011, 09:37 PM   #12
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I just give a shit who is driving what because of why. If they are trying to be all badass then I will talk shit but for the most part I care about what song is playing on my opod.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:37 PM   #13
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroskier View Post
I know. People are just idiots though. I would never say anything like that about someone else's truck, whether they bought it or not. Just makes me mad knowing there's people out there that think they can rip on people like that.
yep. people suck
Old 11-08-2011, 09:40 PM   #14
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
so what did you say back to the guy?
Old 11-08-2011, 09:41 PM   #15
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Well, you're 21 and responsible, sounds like your parents raised you right, me at 21? I'da knocked the motherfucker to the ground and kicked the crap outta him, BUT i'm older now and know better. I pounded into my son's head never to care what jackasses think of him and it worked. Be proud of your truck and yourself. I worked my ass off to get what I have and i stopped giving a shit what people think twenty five years ago.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:41 PM   #16

I was too pissed to say anything, and I was on the phone. Wish I could have said something. He's a dick.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:41 PM   #17
Senior NEWBIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I just give a shit who is driving what because of why. If they are trying to be all badass then I will talk shit but for the most part I care about what song is playing on my opod.
ME, i dont even care if/when people act bad ass, just as long as they not directing it personally to me like shouting at me "whats up" cause if they do then i have a problem. Other then that pretty much nothing bothers me. Dont like WASTING my time on idiots!
Old 11-08-2011, 09:43 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
fuck the fucking fuckers.
Well said
Old 11-08-2011, 09:43 PM   #20
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Different monkeys, different nuts. Some parents prefer to spoil their kids, whilst others don't. Nothing really you or I can do about it. So why get worked up? Because some immature kid is making an ass of himself? Who gives a shit? It's not worth wasting your time now thinking about that retard. So have a beer, kick back, and be proud of your accomplishments thus so far in your life. And imagine the rest yet to come