1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

POS Neighbors!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Scummy, Nov 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nov 15, 2011 at 12:23 PM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon Musk Moderator

Member:
    Butt*

2. Nov 15, 2011 at 12:31 PM
    mattg43

mattg43 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner SR5 DC
    SwingCase, driver side. PVC Bike rack. Aftermarket stereo.
    No reason to play tough guy. Be an adult.

If they are doing the speed limit, and you think they are going to fast, time to go visit a city council meeting and complain about speed limits, or ask for a speed bump.
    If they are speeding through a neighborhood, call the cops for some law enforcement. Write down tag numbers etc.
    If you know who they are, be an adult, go over and talk to them. Tell them your concerns, explain the situation, and see what they say.
    If your kids are playing in the street, its time for some parenting or boundaries for the kids. Its not a playground. Obviously, crosswalks, schools, etc are a different situation, but still - dont play in the road. And if you are riding your bike with the family, teach them proper rules.

You try to pull someone out of their car, you are bound to get shot. And the person would be justified if you were grabbing their neck.

And really, the E-thug "I would shoot them if it were in my hood" BS...

Scummy obviously has a fairly unique situation, and my first steps would be going over to talk, or having parents in uniform do so.

Dont get into trouble or a stupid "No, I am the bigger dick. I will tear up your lawn" contest. Destruction of property charges can suck...

3. Nov 15, 2011 at 12:31 PM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Train some squirrels to dart out in the road right at the last moment making speeders swerve and crash like in the commercials......or lay down some cardboard cutouts of people that you can pop up right when they are speeding by for the same result or at least make them shit their pants thinking they hit actual pedestrians. Not that I have any creative ways of handling those kinda of situations anonymously to avoid prosecution....

4. Nov 15, 2011 at 12:35 PM
    oZmonKey

oZmonKey Big Metal Hubajube

Member:
    Northern Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Black 98
    Unknown Spacer Lift.
    Not condoning speeding, but the flip situation:

There's a particular kid in my neighborhood who will ride his bike in circles in the street, look up and see me coming, and continue to ride circles right in front of me until I lay on the horn. Then he smiles and waves and gets out of the road. (yes, he's waving)

5. Nov 15, 2011 at 12:36 PM
    mattg43

mattg43 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner SR5 DC
    SwingCase, driver side. PVC Bike rack. Aftermarket stereo.
    Blow up dolls with C02 inflation?

6. Nov 15, 2011 at 12:40 PM
    Jdaniel1274

Jdaniel1274 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Orange County, Ca
    Vehicle:
    01 DC TRD 4X4
    PIAA lights, OMD leaf spring mod, magna flow muffler, oil filter relocation kit
    This is the right thing to do in the situation.

7. Nov 15, 2011 at 1:04 PM
    EL TACOROJO

EL TACOROJO SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.

Member:
    First Name:
    BURRY
    south mills NORCAK
    Vehicle:
    03 dblcab prerunner sr5 v6
    smoked taillights,smoked front turnsignals,smoked 3rd brake light,black badges,black roof rack,removed mud flaps,debadged, camburg 2.5 coilovers,camburg uca's, cobra 25 cb, 4ft firestick ant, dust light/bed lights , 4 hellas on the front
    really who said anything about "I would shoot them if it were in my hood". where i live people walk up and down the street . why the street no sidewalks. the street is also marked with clearly visible signs stating the speed 20mph and also children playin.

8. Nov 15, 2011 at 1:30 PM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Ahhh, you catch on quick grasshopper. :D

9. Nov 15, 2011 at 7:38 PM
    Papa Tac

Papa Tac Adjunct Anarchist

Member:
    First Name:
    Papa Tac
    Codroy Valley, Newfoundland
    Vehicle:
    '10 Ned Ludd Edition
    Pupped my ride - Dog bench, Black stock rims, Tail Gate antitheft mod, Bed storage and sleeping platform, Action Cap w/Yakima rack and Rola basket, Seatbelt chime off, Tentasaurus
    Here here!
    If the boys in blue did their job more often, you wouldn't have to do it for them. (I know, I know, my brother and 4 uncles are cops, 1 was Deputy Chief, and Mom worked Dispatch)
    I have done the same as you, risked the cops, and would do the same again.
    FYI, that # again is 9-1-1.

10. Nov 15, 2011 at 7:41 PM
    myname150

myname150 Well-Known Member

Member:
    instead of making a speed bump...

would nailing some nails to a piece of wood be illegal and put that out instead? :D

11. Nov 15, 2011 at 7:53 PM
    Scummy

Scummy [OP] SCUMBAG CUSTOMS

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Phelan, CA
    Vehicle:
    hopped up 96 single cab 5 lug 4 banger
    Fabtech uppers and spindles, extended shackles in rear, k&n intake, flowmaster exhaust, and much more to come
    ^lol ya thats illegal. but a "small" bump in the road isnt. just happened by nature ;)

12. Nov 16, 2011 at 12:16 AM
    Twizter68

Twizter68 AMS1(AW), USN retired

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Weatherford, TX and Fahad al-Ahmed, Kuwait
    Vehicle:
    08 Crew Cab Prerunner
    How many fingers is he holding up when he waves?

And not that I condone speeding, but had you done that to me, you'd find out how fast you can run; I have a good grip and you'd not have gotten near the shift lever before I floored it.

13. Nov 16, 2011 at 12:25 AM
    acdronin

acdronin Well-Known Member

Member:

Hey, you said it was a dirt road right????? Gotta shovel? Instead of a bump, cut a small trench about a foot wide and maybe 8-10 inches deep, tapered like a "V", if anyone asks, tell em its for drainage. that should do the trick

14. Nov 16, 2011 at 12:36 AM
    yotamikez

yotamikez Street glide or die

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Valrico
    Vehicle:
    04 civic & 08 Street glide
    x2

You did a page back...

This isn't the wild wild west were anything goes and your a vigilante... reaching in someones car will get you killed...

15. Nov 16, 2011 at 1:05 AM
    Kenobe

Kenobe Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Sport
    I fixed a situation once like that by accident. I was backing out into the street to go to work. The kid from up the hill came flying down as usual. We saw each other - he locked up his brakes and I put my vehicle back in D and floored it forward. He barely missed me and came to a stop right where I had backed out originally. Scared the bejeezus out of both of us.

But after that, he never sped down our hill again :)

16. Nov 16, 2011 at 3:04 AM
    Caduceus

Caduceus Well-Known Member

Member:
    in the Bluegrass
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB TRD 4x4
    Def make a trench. Bottom that MF-er out, break his tranny, whatever. Hell, make them 10 feet apart so he really jacks it up.

But seriously, 25mph zone in CA is the basic residential limit (unless marked otherwise). So whether there's reason to or not, he's not speeding that much.

You can also just sit out there with a hair dryer and make like you're speed tagging people. That'll slow him down the first time or two. If he asks just be like "Oh I borrowed this so I can present data to the cops on who's speeding around here. They let you borrow them sometimes." Don't let him see the hair dryer obviously.

17. Nov 16, 2011 at 8:02 AM
    neoflex

neoflex Well-Known Member

Member:
    I will admit that I took it too far that time but the fact that the prick was yelling at me for him speeding and nearly hitting me made my blood boil over. What if I had been a little kid and his reaction time was a few seconds slower? Was I out of line that time? Absolutely. Keep in mind that I was also living in NY at the time and conceal or open carry is almost unheard of due to the states laws so him pulling a firearm was the least of my worries. Not like here in NC. At the time I was also a fireman and had you ever had to respond to an MVA involving a child being plowed down by a speeder in a residential neighborhood your outlook on speeding in a neighborhood changes drastically. Nothing worse than having to use airbags to lift a childs dead body from underneath a car. Now when I witness people speeding in the neighborhood I will usually just walk over to the persons house providing they live here. If not than I take note of the car and if I see them again I usually step out into the road causing them to have to stop and I have a few words with them. Most people are defensive at first but when I share my experiences with having to pull kids from under cars their attitudes usually change drastically.
    Some guys suggested calling the cops. That does no good as it becomes my word against there word and 9 out of 10 times the cops don't even bother showing up for those types of calls. In my current and old neighborhood I had loads of kids living there and they all would play or run in th eroad from time to time so yeah I'm a little overly defensive about the speeding.
    I also have had a car totaled by a kid speeding through my neighborhood too so I have little empathy for these assholes.

18. Nov 16, 2011 at 8:05 AM
    neoflex

neoflex Well-Known Member

Member:
    If I do than sh*t happens.That would be the price I pay for taking it that far but read my post above and you will understand a little bit more why this is a pet peeve of mine.

Thanks again to the asshole who left me negative rep for my post. You could have at least left your name. I'm willing to bet your one of the guys who regularly speeds through yours and others neighborhoods.

19. Nov 16, 2011 at 8:12 AM
    TacticalBacon13

TacticalBacon13 Sorry for party rockin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Dunk
    Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    2014 tundra platinum
    baby seat and a muffler
  20. Nov 16, 2011 at 8:16 AM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    Just because there is a speed LIMIT- it doesn't mean it's SAFE to do the LIMIT!!!

My walking partner got hit by a truck one evening when we were walking. We have NO sidewalks so we have to walk in the road. Where you have kids riding their bikes and people walking, you should not be doing the MAX speed limit. Speed limit in my neighborhood is 30 - WAY too high for a residential neighborhood. I live on a straight stretch and it's like it's a race track as they head for the other end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top