Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Chris4x4 - Checked Out My Rear End

Old 11-15-2011, 02:33 PM   #1
LostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
LostRebel's Tacoma Gallery
Chris4x4 - Checked Out My Rear End

Well sorta...

Earlier this summer, my daughter who attends college in Arizona had problems with her Ford Explorer. She was told by one dealer that she needed $3000.00 in repairs, and by another garage that she needed $2000.00 in repairs.

I reached out to Chris4x4 for the name of a reputable garage in the Phoenix area. He gave me a recommendation, and also offered to personally inspect the vehicle to determine the repairs it needed.

Knowing that Chris is a wise and capable mechanic in addition to his many other talents, and me being 2000 miles away and feeling quite helpless, I quickly accepted his offer.

Chris inspected the the vehicle from front to rear and ran diagnostic and cooling system tests, for a person he had never met. He sent me a detailed list of items that needed attention and discredited the "professional" estimates of repair. He not only gave me peace of mind, he saved me about $2000.00 in unnecessary repairs.

I really can't thank Chris enough. All the accolades that members post of him are probably true, and not just him using other member's accounts to post great things about himself.

Thank you Chris4x4. When I next travel to Arizona, dinner and drinks are on me.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:35 PM   #3
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice, I knew he was a good dude
Old 11-15-2011, 02:37 PM   #6
vbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
vbibi's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, you can say that again.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:37 PM   #7
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
VERY cool story! It's hard when your kids (no matter how old) are so far away and they need help and you can't be there. Kudos to Chris for being there and lending a trusting hand to a forum member. This is why this place is so great. Everyone here helps each other out and for a parent having peace of mind in regards to the safety of his daughter, that's number one in my book.

Good on you, Chris!! FANTASTIC!
Old 11-15-2011, 02:38 PM   #8
LostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
great title
Attention getter. Nobody would look if it was another boring "Thanks Chris" thread.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:39 PM   #9
JAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JAG's Tacoma Gallery
Way to go chris! Chris helped me out via pm's when i had some issues with my lift install.

thanks!!
Old 11-15-2011, 02:39 PM   #10
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
Chris touched me once too, but in the front
Quote:
oh, this isnt what thats about....

bahhahah

but in all of seriousness,

TW's a cool place.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:43 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
VERY cool story! It's hard when your kids (no matter how old) are so far away and they need help and you can't be there. Kudos to Chris for being there and lending a trusting hand to a forum member. This is why this place is so great. Everyone here helps each other out and for a parent having peace of mind in regards to the safety of his daughter, that's number one in my book.

Good on you, Chris!! FANTASTIC!
This is exactly how I feel! I felt as if I was letting my daughter drive around in a death-trap and I couldn't do anything about it. When Chris offered to inspect the vehicle and then recommended Sierra Expeditions for the repairs, it was a huge burden lifted!
Old 11-15-2011, 02:45 PM   #12
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
oh, this isnt what thats about....

bahhahah

but in all of seriousness,

TW's a cool place.
hahaha. Kona, i always read random shit from you. Always crackin me up! hahaha
Old 11-15-2011, 02:47 PM   #13
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostRebel View Post
This is exactly how I feel! I felt as if I was letting my daughter drive around in a death-trap and I couldn't do anything about it. When Chris offered to inspect the vehicle and then recommended Sierra Expeditions for the repairs, it was a huge burden lifted!
You gotta give yourself some kudos too for finding her the knowledgeable help that she needed. You didn't let her down. And even better, she feels safer too.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:06 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
You gotta give yourself some kudos too for finding her the knowledgeable help that she needed. You didn't let her down. And even better, she feels safer too.
Thanks, but I can't take any credit. Chris went way beyond what I asked or expected and all the credit is his. Maybe I did make the right connection, but that was for family. Chris helped out a total stranger.

I believe in the wheel theory - What comes around, goes around. The unselfish help that Chris extended in Arizona has been passed around my neighborhood several times.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:33 PM   #15
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
You da man Chris
Old 11-15-2011, 03:37 PM   #17
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Thansk for the kind words Phill! And I DID check your rear end out very in depth .....Even felt it in some places!!
Old 11-15-2011, 03:39 PM   #18
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Thansk for the kind words Phill! And I DID check your rear end out very in depth .....Even felt it in some places!!
Old 11-15-2011, 03:39 PM   #19
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Too bad I have the mechanical skill of a quadriplegic walrus, or I'd help out with stuff like that too.

I need to start lerning.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:41 PM   #20
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
is this Chris 4x4's outing..??
is he out of the closet now..??

on an honest note, it was a nice thing he did.