LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

help designing a decal

Old 11-15-2011, 07:05 PM   #1
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
help designing a decal

I'm looking to get a decal made to put on the upper left area of my tailgate. Since I suck at drawing maybe some of you can help?

I want it to say "Got PID?" and then have the reticle of an acog similar to this

I've tossed around the idea of having a stick figure taliban holding an AK in it. Everything would be in black.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:20 PM   #2
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
here's more of the reticle

Old 11-15-2011, 07:33 PM   #4
iKill

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
maybe put this in the photoshop request thread?
I just did.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:51 PM   #5
iKill

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Bump?
Old 11-15-2011, 08:57 PM   #6
TW's BAD MF'er Squad
Dirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Dean
Dirty5Thirty's Tacoma Gallery
Don't bump an hour after posting lol. I would do it but I'm about to get drunk and laid. Do it in the morning if someone else hasn't!
Old 11-15-2011, 09:07 PM   #7
iKill

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty5Thirty View Post
Don't bump an hour after posting lol. I would do it but I'm about to get drunk and laid. Do it in the morning if someone else hasn't!
Thanks!
Old 11-15-2011, 09:18 PM   #9
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Pics or it didn't happen... Lol

Be sure to keep yourself out of the pics though.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:49 PM   #10
iKill

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Q Up View Post
Pics or it didn't happen... Lol

Be sure to keep yourself out of the pics though.
He must still be hitting it....
Old 11-16-2011, 02:58 PM   #11
TW's BAD MF'er Squad
Dirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
I'm finally home. Had school. So I understand you want the reticle, and the text. But how do you want it placed? Could you maybe hand draw a picture? Otherwise I'm pissin in the wind, possibly making something nowhere near to what you envisioned.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:31 PM   #12
iKill

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
alright, here it is. And now you know why I need help drawing it up lol.

Here it is with the taliban in it. I think I like it as long as he's distinguishable from the reticle.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:47 PM   #13
iKill

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
as far as font goes I found this one that I like. It's called gunplay, but I'm just looking for something close to it

Old 11-16-2011, 04:48 PM   #14
TW's BAD MF'er Squad

EMS:
This is what I've got so far. I'm not much of a stick figure artist haha, i'm sure someone else can help you there.
Attached Thumbnails
help designing a decal-got-pid-large.jpg  
Old 11-16-2011, 04:52 PM   #15
TW's BAD MF'er Squad

EMS:
Here it is with Gunplay
Attached Thumbnails
help designing a decal-got-pid-gunplay.jpg  
Old 11-16-2011, 04:58 PM   #16
iKill

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Here it is with Gunplay
looks great! Is there a way you could make the lines of the reticle thicker so it would kind of match the font?
And just change the red part to black, trying to keep it all one color.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:00 PM   #17
iKill

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcqueen280 View Post
pelvic inflammatory disease?
Haha, no. It's short for "positive identification" of enemy. Thats what we have to have shoot people.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:03 PM   #18
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Quote:
Here it is with Gunplay
You are a swell drawer, my good man.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:03 PM   #19
TpƐwom
mhuff29 is on a distinguished road

Army: 1LT Battalion S2 SIGINT Officer
Name: Matt
mhuff29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrande View Post
Haha, no. It's short for "positive identification" of enemy. Thats what we have to have shoot people.
Too bad only a small percentage knows what that means. People behind you are going to be like "wtf is PID"
Old 11-16-2011, 05:05 PM   #20
TW's BAD MF'er Squad

EMS:
This is about as thick as I can make it without butchering it or making it look funny (and I am working with limited time at the moment)
Attached Thumbnails
help designing a decal-got-pid-gunplay.jpg