Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

When is it too late to move out?

Old 11-16-2011, 10:39 AM   #21
FOUR X FOUR DUDE. has much to be proud ofFOUR X FOUR DUDE. has much to be proud ofFOUR X FOUR DUDE. has much to be proud ofFOUR X FOUR DUDE. has much to be proud ofFOUR X FOUR DUDE. has much to be proud ofFOUR X FOUR DUDE. has much to be proud ofFOUR X FOUR DUDE. has much to be proud ofFOUR X FOUR DUDE. has much to be proud ofFOUR X FOUR DUDE. has much to be proud of
Name: Barry
FOUR X FOUR DUDE.'s Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy

I gotta jump in here. In her eyes, a 20 something still living at home is a Mama's boy. Probably makes your lunch, does your laundry etc, right ? Women want Men, REAL men, not Mama's boys. I know, I know, it's great for you, cheap rent, free food etc, but consider you have to fend for yourself, at some point. Then there's the parents who don't want Junior or Missy moving out, because they will then be oh, so lonely. My, my, my. Whatever will they do.

AND THEN, there's parents who won't let Junior grow up. They pay for his car insurance, cell phone, do everything for him, and he ends up like my girlfriends son, 27 yrs old and just moved out, but can't do anytning on his own, because Mummy/Daddy did everything for him and still do ! His vacuum breaks, what does he do ? He comes to Mummy's house and "borrows" her spare ( 1 month ago). Why can't he go to wal-mrt and buy a new one ?

Ok, I was on my own at 17 and prior to that, since my Mom was poor, I had to fend for myself at an early age, so this is why I'm like this.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:06 AM   #22
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOUR X FOUR DUDE. View Post
I gotta jump in here. In her eyes, a 20 something still living at home is a Mama's boy. Probably makes your lunch, does your laundry etc, right ? Women want Men, REAL men, not Mama's boys. I know, I know, it's great for you, cheap rent, free food etc, but consider you have to fend for yourself, at some point. Then there's the parents who don't want Junior or Missy moving out, because they will then be oh, so lonely. My, my, my. Whatever will they do.

AND THEN, there's parents who won't let Junior grow up. They pay for his car insurance, cell phone, do everything for him, and he ends up like my girlfriends son, 27 yrs old and just moved out, but can't do anytning on his own, because Mummy/Daddy did everything for him and still do ! His vacuum breaks, what does he do ? He comes to Mummy's house and "borrows" her spare ( 1 month ago). Why can't he go to wal-mrt and buy a new one ?

Ok, I was on my own at 17 and prior to that, since my Mom was poor, I had to fend for myself at an early age, so this is why I'm like this.
Well theirs that kind of idiot that lives with parents and DEPEND on them, or the kind of parents that wipe their kids ass all day OR the kind of kid that lives at home but is STILL HIS OWN MAN and does everything independently or at least helps out the household. Hoping OP is the independent type and the kind of man that does stuff since hes living at home
Old 11-16-2011, 11:10 AM   #23
hookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
hookedontronics's Tacoma Gallery
your fine, your in college and it's acceptable. In my belief it's when you're done with college or not going to college that it becomes time to move out and support yourself. I moved out at 22 when i graduated college, however i paid rent every summer i lived at home during college breaks after high school.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:11 AM   #24
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
It's never too late to move out.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:12 AM   #25
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
The only reason I'm living on campus is because my house is several hundred miles away. Otherwise you can bet your ass I'd be living at home. Room and board add up, and you cant beat the comfortability of "home"...

You'll get your own place when you have the money and the security, for now theres no need to waste your money.

If I didnt have to pay room and board and lived at home my truck would be amazing...
Old 11-16-2011, 11:18 AM   #26
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOUR X FOUR DUDE. View Post

Not always. I pay rent, pay for my truck, insurance, cell, I do my laundry and I cook for myself sometimes. My Grandma also lives there so she is always cooking but I can always go somewhere to eat.

My friend is really big on this shit. He talks down on people that live at home like if they are bad people. He is always giving me shit about moving out but each time I ask him if he loses sleep over it. He just shuts up after that. He forgets that he was living in Mom's 2 story, 3 bedroom, 2 car garage equipped condo for a long time for $400 a month. Yeah normal rent here in CA for that is about $1500 - $2000.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:18 AM   #27
zimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant future

zimm52's Tacoma Gallery
I moved out when i went to college (18). My kids will do the same. Time to get out on your own and realize what the "real" world is all about. No way in hell my kids are staying at my house till they are 25 or whatever. As a parent, if I let my kid stay at home, I would be doing a HUGE injustice to them. Kids dont realize now days that you DONT start off life with the $350,000 home, the nice cars, etc. Go to school, work a job, pay rent....live......I worked 36 hours a week at a part time job and still managed to take 15-18 hours of credits each semester. YOu appreciate things more when there are no handouts.
I can just imagine that some of the peeps here that are living at home, are the same ones complaining when they see a 17 or 18 year old getting a new tacoma and calling them "spoiled"

sorry....rant over....
Old 11-16-2011, 11:23 AM   #28
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Theres as many different situations where living at home after 18 is acceptable as there are reasons why parents spoil the shit out of their kids.

You could move out to be on your own but have absolute shit, be unemployed with no support, and have a shit life- But you're on your own. Or you could stay home a little longer till you're sure you have a secure way to live.

OR

there's always those people who will not look for a job, have their parents pay for everything, live in the same house, refuse to do anything for themselves.
it's the situation that matters, IMO.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:27 AM   #29
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
NicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nic
NicNac22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimm52 View Post
I moved out when i went to college (18). My kids will do the same. Time to get out on your own and realize what the "real" world is all about. No way in hell my kids are staying at my house till they are 25 or whatever. As a parent, if I let my kid stay at home, I would be doing a HUGE injustice to them. Kids dont realize now days that you DONT start off life with the $350,000 home, the nice cars, etc. Go to school, work a job, pay rent....live......I worked 36 hours a week at a part time job and still managed to take 15-18 hours of credits each semester. YOu appreciate things more when there are no handouts.
I can just imagine that some of the peeps here that are living at home, are the same ones complaining when they see a 17 or 18 year old getting a new tacoma and calling them "spoiled"

sorry....rant over....
so because i live at home, im getting hand outs? i lived on my own for about 5 years and it was damn near impossible to save money, and i had two jobs working 12-15 hours a day, and was struggling to get by.

i have a damn good job now and if i wasnt living at home i probably wouldnt be eating due to the cost of rent, gas, insurance, phone, utilities... and cable and internet would not be included in said utilities
Old 11-16-2011, 11:30 AM   #30
The Sticker Guy
ruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
Wait until you able to support yourself. I rented a room from my parents until I bought a cheap house at 27. Its very expensive, and you need to be well on your feet. If an apt is your thing... jump right in.

My parents didnt hand out anything except my 1st vehicle in high school. Everything that I have now is from hard work
Old 11-16-2011, 11:36 AM   #31
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I have 4 kids, the oldest she is a sophomore in high school and i tell them its ok for them to live at home, in fact i want them to live at home especially now days with the screwed up economy and all.

I dont want them to have that pressure in their head that man after high school i got to find a place to stay, they have enough pressure from school let alone knowing they will have to fend for themselves pretty soon.

If possible i would want all my kids to live with me till i die rent free, cause family here in the islands is so important, BUT with that being said that doesnt mean i will "baby sit" them the whole way, they would need to get a job, do chores, take some initiative to buy things for the house if it runs out instead of waiting for daddy to buy, pay their own bills. By no means is this a free ride for them, its a helping them out and whats wrong with helping YOUR kids out? being a parent for me is a life time job and a job that i absolutely love
Old 11-16-2011, 11:37 AM   #32
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Nac and OP CHECK OUT POST # 20
Old 11-16-2011, 11:39 AM   #33
Bishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Bishop2Queens6's Tacoma Gallery
My mom tells me to stay until I have a stable career so I can save money while working. I'm 22 right now finishing my degree.

My buddy had to move back in with his parents for 6 months after graduating b/c he couldn't find a job; He was 25.

A good friend of mine still lives at home, and is going to stay until he's married then move out. Well, that's the plan... He's 30 right now, but does have a 6 figure salary and a paid off car. He's looking for a house right now in OC. Paying CASH for it.... haha
Old 11-16-2011, 11:42 AM   #34
rollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
rollin904's Tacoma Gallery
I moved out at 19 because I could...I would urge anyone who isn't financially set to stay at home though. School is a great reason to stay at home, laziness and being a titty baby aren't.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:43 AM   #35
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
NicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nic
NicNac22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
This and ask nac to go out with you,,,,,,find a smart one young man... Jim
lol i didnt see that.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:44 AM   #36
jdmjerry is on a distinguished road

jdmjerry's Tacoma Gallery
tell that bitch to can it! stay home and save your pennies.. im 23 just moved out and bought my own house but to each his own!
Old 11-16-2011, 11:45 AM   #37
Zombie Killer
surferkid is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurferkid is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurferkid is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurferkid is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurferkid is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurferkid is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurferkid is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurferkid is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurferkid is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurferkid is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurferkid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT
surferkid's Tacoma Gallery
dude school costs are a second morgage itself i work full time and go to school full time its the hardest thing ever. my sister does the same thing and we both live at home and im 20 and my sis is 24 theres no shame in it were saving money to move out after school cause its way expensive. I live in SOCAL which is the most expensive place on earth so honestly milk it as long as possibe thats what im doing haha well at least till school is over or i transfer schools
Old 11-16-2011, 11:48 AM   #38
rollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
rollin904's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimm52 View Post

sorry....rant over....
FUCK that sig is awesome, gonna make one.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:48 AM   #39
Senior NEWBIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferkid View Post
dude school costs are a second morgage itself i work full time and go to school full time its the hardest thing ever. my sister does the same thing and we both live at home and im 20 and my sis is 24 theres no shame in it were saving money to move out after school cause its way expensive. I live in SOCAL which is the most expensive place on earth so honestly milk it as long as possibe thats what im doing haha well at least till school is over or i transfer schools
Well i think the term "milk it" is pretty screwed up, i think that is why a lot of people here are negative for kids staying at home cause of milking. when ever someone helps you, you dont milk it.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:52 AM   #40
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
It's too late when you and your dad come to the conclusion you've been there too long...period.