Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

When is it too late to move out?

Old 11-16-2011, 10:56 AM   #41
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimm52 View Post
I moved out when i went to college (18). My kids will do the same. Time to get out on your own and realize what the "real" world is all about. No way in hell my kids are staying at my house till they are 25 or whatever. As a parent, if I let my kid stay at home, I would be doing a HUGE injustice to them. Kids dont realize now days that you DONT start off life with the $350,000 home, the nice cars, etc. Go to school, work a job, pay rent....live......I worked 36 hours a week at a part time job and still managed to take 15-18 hours of credits each semester. YOu appreciate things more when there are no handouts.
I can just imagine that some of the peeps here that are living at home, are the same ones complaining when they see a 17 or 18 year old getting a new tacoma and calling them "spoiled"

sorry....rant over....
Zim, I'm thinking if kids don't get that the nice house and car don't come without hard work then something was wrong before they got to 18.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:00 AM   #42
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
NicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nic
NicNac22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigahshark View Post
Well i think the term "milk it" is pretty screwed up, i think that is why a lot of people here are negative for kids staying at home cause of milking. when ever someone helps you, you dont milk it.
x2 i dont take advantage of living at home, i go grocery shopping sometimes, i take them places, ill buy my little sisters stuff so mom doesnt have to, i cut the grass, i weedeat (which is a freakin lot) helped mom dig out her garden, take them places to do stuff, even lend mom money when she needs it.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:03 AM   #43
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicNac22 View Post
x2 i dont take advantage of living at home, i go grocery shopping sometimes, i take them places, ill buy my little sisters stuff so mom doesnt have to, i cut the grass, i weedeat (which is a freakin lot) helped mom dig out her garden, take them places to do stuff, even lend mom money when she needs it.
good man
Old 11-16-2011, 11:05 AM   #44
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
NicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigahshark View Post
good man
lol, yeah those arent around much in my family
Old 11-16-2011, 11:05 AM   #45
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Stay home while in school, but move out before this happens.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:06 AM   #46
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by surferkid View Post
so honestly milk it as long as possibe thats what im doing haha
honestly & milk it & haha.....IRONIC
Old 11-16-2011, 11:30 AM   #48
zimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant future

zimm52's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D View Post
Zim, I'm thinking if kids don't get that the nice house and car don't come without hard work then something was wrong before they got to 18.
True, we could probably go on and on about parenting and choices. Im not trying to offend anyone here. I believe in what I believe. My parents made me work when I was 11. I grew up on a farm, that wasnt "work". My pops owned a grain elevator so I started working there for him. Drove semi for him since I was 16, all this and still playing sports and going to school.
Its the way that I was raised and I appreciate everything that I have. Now I do realize that this economy blows and people with degrees can find the jobs they are looking for. This probably directly relates to the number of 20 somethings that are still living at home.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:31 AM   #49
zimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant future

zimm52's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicNac22 View Post
so because i live at home, im getting hand outs? i lived on my own for about 5 years and it was damn near impossible to save money, and i had two jobs working 12-15 hours a day, and was struggling to get by.

i have a damn good job now and if i wasnt living at home i probably wouldnt be eating due to the cost of rent, gas, insurance, phone, utilities... and cable and internet would not be included in said utilities
I dont believe that I said YOU did I?
I was stating my opinion, sorry if you thought it was directed at YOU.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:34 AM   #50
rollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
rollin904's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
True, we could probably go on and on about parenting and choices. Im not trying to offend anyone here. I believe in what I believe. My parents made me work when I was 11. I grew up on a farm, that wasnt "work". My pops owned a grain elevator so I started working there for him. Drove semi for him since I was 16, all this and still playing sports and going to school.
Its the way that I was raised and I appreciate everything that I have. Now I do realize that this economy blows and people with degrees can find the jobs they are looking for. This probably directly relates to the number of 20 somethings that are still living at home.
I agree that how you're raised plays into how hard you work in life. My parents wouldn't buy me anything, much less a car when I was 15/16 so I started working. Haven't stopped since...and I got very lucky when I was 19 and landed a job at Toyota. 24 now and my career is looking pretty solid.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:37 AM   #51
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F

Quote:
I dont believe that I said YOU did I?
I was stating my opinion, sorry if you thought it was directed at YOU.
no it wasnt directed at me personally, but it was directed at the 20 somethings living at home...so it indirectly went towards me.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:40 AM   #52
The_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The_Dude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by linked2002 View Post
Any girl that is going to give you shit like that when you are trying to build your future is no girlyou want by your side later in life. If she can't understand that hard times now may lead to better times in the future then kick that twat to the curb and find one that appreciates you. I took that exact advice and have since been lead to the life ive got now.and it sure as hell isn't a bad one.
This
Old 11-16-2011, 11:41 AM   #53
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
I am 21 going on 22 in Feb and still live at home. Yes it has it's draw backs but... think of it this way... free room and free food. I think taking the few crappy things about living at home still is better than spending all your money on rent and buying groceries. I plan on living here for probably the next 2-2.5 years so I can save money and move out west and buy a house.

I do however, make sure I work around the house, ex. mow grass and help out when needed. I also babysit my little bro so they don't have to pay big money for a babysitter.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:58 PM   #54

Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Zim, No offense at all btother, you and I were raised the same way. Trust me, there are some that blow my mind with their comments...like taking advantage of your parents is cool. I wouldn't trust an ass with that opinion for nothing. I'm hoping that poster just mis-spoke.

That being said, I don't believe it's cut and dried. IMO, if it's working for him and his father that's all that matters...if he doesn't understand the "real world" he will.

And then I have to wonder the GFs motives?
Old 11-16-2011, 01:27 PM   #55

zimm52's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D View Post
Zim, No offense at all btother, you and I were raised the same way. Trust me, there are some that blow my mind with their comments...like taking advantage of your parents is cool. I wouldn't trust an ass with that opinion for nothing. I'm hoping that poster just mis-spoke.

That being said, I don't believe it's cut and dried. IMO, if it's working for him and his father that's all that matters...if he doesn't understand the "real world" he will.

And then I have to wonder the GFs motives?
None taken. No worries.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:43 PM   #56
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Any Italians or Asians chiming in here?
Old 11-16-2011, 06:03 PM   #57
ppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phuong
ppham444's Tacoma Gallery
Don't move out if you don't have to. I'm 33 and still live at home.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:11 AM   #58
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppham444 View Post
Don't move out if you don't have to. I'm 33 and still live at home.
Are you still being breast feed too?
Old 11-17-2011, 10:41 AM   #60
Shinty Killer
Gabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines:
Name: Gabe
Gabex35's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalboy View Post
Never to late!!!
Really?