Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

When is it too late to move out?

Old 11-15-2011, 07:50 PM   #1
UpstateTRDTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh
UpstateTRDTaco's Tacoma Gallery
When is it too late to move out?

Hey TW, girlfriend is giving me a hard time about not moving out and having my own place at 20, im a college student living at home right now traveling to the college across town, I am transferring to a bigger school to finish my degree in the spring and see no need to move out from home, just to a dorm or apartment at school for the semester, because it is perfectly fine here and its just dad and i and we get along great. So i guess i want to ask, what does everyone think is a time to move out of the house and live on my own? after i have a degree and can support my self fully?

PS i dont have a part time job because i make enough between semesters to cover my costs during the semester and i dont want a job to interfere with school work (yes i actually do work at college and dont just drink 24/7 like some)
Old 11-15-2011, 07:52 PM   #2
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
stay as long as you can man, no need to bury yourself in debt if you cant handle it. Guy at work gives me shit all the time for living at home, and im 25..lol
Old 11-15-2011, 07:52 PM   #3
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
If you only have a semester left, just wait until you graduate and get a full time job...who knows where it'll be. You then can decide on a good location near work and your dad and girlfriend. My $00.02
Old 11-15-2011, 07:54 PM   #4
The Messiah
tacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomatrd99's Tacoma Gallery
I moved out when I was 21. That was the point when I was out of college and making enough for a mortgage payment. Don't do it any sooner. I've seen a lot of people getting into hot water moving out too early and not having the money. Besides, if it's just you and your father, why rush it? I'm sure you enjoy hanging around with each other. Sounds like your girlfriend wants a place to crash.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:56 PM   #5
Hmmmm
TurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
TurboGT's Tacoma Gallery
Tell her to get naked and make you a sammich..... not necessarily in that order either
Old 11-15-2011, 07:56 PM   #6
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Tell her school is the most important thing right now.
If she needs a dude with a dorm let her find one.
Sounds like you are using your head ( the upper one )
No sense moving just cuz. Home is way better than a noisy dorm and who knows what kind of roomy.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:56 PM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I'm 27 and I still live at home. I pay rent, half the cable/internet/phone bill and I pitch in for food and electric when needed. I'm in no hurry to leave right now since I have no one to move out with but the urge is building. I used to live on my own but I had to move back to be able to get back on feet. I'm debating my future though because I'm not happy where I'm at.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:01 PM   #9
^^ I no longer have a PreRunner
99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
99PreRunner.'s Tacoma Gallery
If your happy where your at, stay as long as you can!! You will spend more money living on your own (free food at home). I'm 21, go to school full-time, and still live at home. I would like to have my own place, but why? I can eat great home cooked meals at home every night! I do not plan on moving out until after I graduate and get a full-time job.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:05 PM   #10
linked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
linked2002's Tacoma Gallery
Any girl that is going to give you shit like that when you are trying to build your future is no girlyou want by your side later in life. If she can't understand that hard times now may lead to better times in the future then kick that twat to the curb and find one that appreciates you. I took that exact advice and have since been lead to the life ive got now.and it sure as hell isn't a bad one.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:08 PM   #11
the ghost
hedman is a glorious beacon of lighthedman is a glorious beacon of lighthedman is a glorious beacon of lighthedman is a glorious beacon of lighthedman is a glorious beacon of light

hedman's Tacoma Gallery
If you were not in college it would be late IMPO however with being a student I think you would be a fool for moving out. Reason being is that it would be far to costly to have to pay for everything on your own. So hang out finish school and then get a job and move out with in a year. Just my opinion
Old 11-15-2011, 08:15 PM   #12
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
So at the current rate you will be graduating college debt-free? Keep doing whatever you are doing!
Old 11-15-2011, 08:25 PM   #13
We can't stop here, this is bat country.
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
dayNnite4's Tacoma Gallery
dont rush it man. i kno ppl who were at home till 30. im 23 ans still at home and granted i dont have a serious gf, my plan is to finish school by the spring take my time finding a job worth my while with room to advance and when im making enough to pay EVERYTHING(I.E rent, car/health insurance, utilities, food, gas, car payments, spending money) otherwise wats the point? if u didnt get along with the rents its one thing but otherwise why not stay as long as u need to?
Old 11-16-2011, 08:15 AM   #14
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
NicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nic
NicNac22's Tacoma Gallery
tell her she needs to back off, thats not always a smart choice, i moved out when i was 18 made it on my own till i was 22 shit happened had to move back in with my mom, its been almost a yr now, its not exactly easy to just up and move out now a days, you need to make sure you prepared for it. and btw...you are 20! now if you were in the 30-40's range different story...sry if anyone is. But has she not noticed theres a lot of 3 gen familys living together, or atleast around here there is. if you dont need to why put the extra stess on yourself, wait till you graduate. honestly it sounds like she might end up dragging you down.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:25 AM   #15
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomatrd99 View Post
I moved out when I was 21. That was the point when I was out of college and making enough for a mortgage payment. Don't do it any sooner. I've seen a lot of people getting into hot water moving out too early and not having the money. Besides, if it's just you and your father, why rush it? I'm sure you enjoy hanging around with each other. Sounds like your girlfriend wants a place to crash.
This is good advice. I lived in the dorms when I was in college full time and lived at home during the summers and breaks. I finally moved out when I was 21 and had a secure full-time job. No need to take on a rent payment when you're already strapped for cash as a college student. Some of my friends even lived at home for a few years after college and it gave them a chance to really pay down their loans, get themselves on their feet financially and then went straight to home ownership with 20% down because they saved so much money living at home. Just you and your dad, don't rush it, stay as long as you can!

I don't know your girlfriend or the tone in which she said you should get your own place to please don't get offended when I say she doesn't have a clue what's best for you and is being very short sighted with her advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeJ View Post
Tell her to get naked and make you a sammich..... in that order either
Fixed it for ya
Old 11-16-2011, 08:36 AM   #16
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Simple question to put it on her....Does she live on her own? If not, ask her why she's being a hypocrite. If she does, ask her what's wrong with having sex at her place.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:16 AM   #17
linked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
linked2002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
ask her what's wrong with having sex at her place.

^^^^ EXACTLY!!!
Old 11-16-2011, 09:19 AM   #18
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
stay as long as you can man, no need to bury yourself in debt if you cant handle it. Guy at work gives me shit all the time for living at home, and im 25..lol
X2, stay as long as you can, nothing wrong with staying at home especially if your dad doesnt mind you there. It would give you more chances to save and relax in your own atmosphere, tell you g/f ease up GIRL!
Old 11-16-2011, 09:23 AM   #19
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicNac22 View Post
tell her she needs to back off, thats not always a smart choice, i moved out when i was 18 made it on my own till i was 22 shit happened had to move back in with my mom, its been almost a yr now, its not exactly easy to just up and move out now a days, you need to make sure you prepared for it. and btw...you are 20! now if you were in the 30-40's range different story...sry if anyone is. But has she not noticed theres a lot of 3 gen familys living together, or atleast around here there is. if you dont need to why put the extra stess on yourself, wait till you graduate. honestly it sounds like she might end up dragging you down.
This and ask nac to go out with you,,,,,,find a smart one young man... Jim
Old 11-16-2011, 09:27 AM   #20
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
In your circumstance, I'm right with you. Stay until you're done with school and are working a solid job. No sense in making all kinds of bills when you dont have a fulltime job and can still live at home a little longer!