Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

question for bald people

Old 11-15-2011, 08:08 PM   #1
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
question for bald people

i got a wild hair today and decided to shave my head bald today, i actually like the look and want to keep it this way, especially after it tans a little. my question is how do you keep it smooth as a babys ass and also prevent ingrown hairs, i havent tried using a razor blade yet because of the fear of ingrown hairs, infact i already have a few...

but i did order some shaving soap, pre shaving oil and some non alchohol after shave and might get my mom to shave it with a razor every few days while i shower in swim trunks, or atleast try to get any spots i miss
Old 11-15-2011, 08:17 PM   #2
Dan44 is on a distinguished road
Dan44's Tacoma Gallery
Trust me, wear a hat out in the sun .
Old 11-15-2011, 08:26 PM   #3
No matter where you go there you are.
taco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Galen
taco084gb's Tacoma Gallery
I have been shaving my head for about 15 years now and I shave in the shower to make it easier and gets my head warm to keep from getting a shaving burn. I have very sensitive skin and this is the only way I can do it without any problems. The tools I use are the Gillette 5 blade razors from walmart and the Gillette shaving cream with soothing gell. Its kinda an off white shaving cream and has Aloe in it. Hope this helps ya out. I wont ever go back to hair. Also I shave about twice a week.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:27 PM   #4
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
I shave mine and wear sunblock for sunny days. I love my head shaved
Attached Thumbnails
question for bald people-imageuploadedbytapatalk1321417642.410696.jpg  
Old 11-15-2011, 08:28 PM   #5
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
do you ever get shaving bumps or ingrown hairs? i already have a few :/ i have very sensitive skin too. also would you reccomend waiting till the ones i have go away before shaving with a blade
Old 11-15-2011, 08:32 PM   #6
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Bumps occasionally. My skin is weird. I have to shave my face with electric or face cuts. Anything else i can shave with a blade. Normally, to save cost on razors I just use a zero on the electric and have it shaved once a month for $20. My hair grows like a fuckin gorilla man.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:33 PM   #7
Ivan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ivan
Ivan's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd for when i go bald in 25ish years,
Old 11-15-2011, 08:37 PM   #9
No matter where you go there you are.
taco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Galen
taco084gb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
do you ever get shaving bumps or ingrown hairs? i already have a few :/ i have very sensitive skin too. also would you reccomend waiting till the ones i have go away before shaving with a blade
No bumps or ingrown hairs on my head just on my neck on the backside and under my chin on occasion. It happens more during the summer from sweat. I dont use any after shave lotion either. It bothers my skin to much.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:39 PM   #10
JC47 is on a distinguished road
JC47's Tacoma Gallery
I shave my head in the shower 2-3 times a week, but I have to shave "with the grain" otherwise I get a rash, so it's never really smooth. I find Gillette 5 blades are the best.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:43 PM   #11
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco084gb View Post
I have been shaving my head for about 15 years now and I shave in the shower to make it easier and gets my head warm to keep from getting a shaving burn. I have very sensitive skin and this is the only way I can do it without any problems. The tools I use are the Gillette 5 blade razors from walmart and the Gillette shaving cream with soothing gell. Its kinda an off white shaving cream and has Aloe in it. Hope this helps ya out. I wont ever go back to hair. Also I shave about twice a week.

What he said
Old 11-15-2011, 08:57 PM   #12
SAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kelly
SAIRS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan44 View Post
Trust me, wear a hat out in the sun .
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco084gb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean266 View Post
Bumps occasionally.

all this... x2. Shave in the hot shower, rotate your blades after a few uses, and dry off the razor afterwards, it helps prolong the life of the blade and it seems to lessen the chance of ingrowns...
Old 11-15-2011, 09:02 PM   #13
Vinyl Wrap installer
import roller is on a distinguished road

Name: Shawn
import roller's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to import roller
I shave my head from time to time. Best results are in the shower. I use proglide. Luckily I can go against the grain without much chance of razor burn.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:28 PM   #14
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have a choice .

I used to have a mullet , that became a skullet
Old 11-16-2011, 05:00 AM   #15
2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: chris
2008taco's Tacoma Gallery
Well to start off, use a blade. Skip the foams, and gels and get a nice shaving oil. I have tried numerous foams, gels, and creams and nothing has compared to the closeness of an oil. For softness you can use a lotion. Buy small bottles at first as some, for me at least, will have a burning sensation. The biggest tip for keeping it baby smooth is to shave everyday.

For shaving the back off your head get a handheld mirror and a wall mounted mirror. With your back facing the wall mounted mirror use the hand mirror to see where you're shaving. This way is easier than facing the wall mirror and using the hand mirror behind your head.

To prevent cuts and scrapes just remember smooth, even, consistent strokes with a good blade. If you go too slow you are more prone to cutting yourself. Invest in a styptic pencil. You will inevitably cyt yourself eventually and the scalp will bleed for ever. This pencil will stop it immediately. Also make sure to rinse the blade frequently as the head has a lot of hair and it will get clogged faster than when you shave your face.

I can't help you with razor burn as I'm an oddity. I could shave with a machete and be fine, but bust out an electric and i'll have bumps and irritation to no end.

If you're concerned about the cost of blades after you are done shaving you can put your blades in a small container of mineral oil. This will prolong their life. Me personally, I use a double edged razor. 10 blades for $1.79 so I use a new one every shave, sometimes every other.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:16 AM   #16
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
electric
Old 11-16-2011, 06:03 AM   #17
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
You're not going bald; you're getting more head.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:14 AM   #18
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
NicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nic
NicNac22's Tacoma Gallery
neosporin acutally helps with bumps and razor burn if you ever get it
Old 11-16-2011, 07:18 AM   #19
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
thanks yall, im actually gonna go out today before my shower to get some of this stuff and shave it...im halfway scared to now haha.

also i am going to invest in a toboggan cause its fricking cold without hair
Old 11-16-2011, 07:23 AM   #20
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
also i am going to invest in a toboggan cause its fricking cold without hair
A toboggan? I really doubt a sled will help you here. The sex position might though