Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

gate remote programming

Old 11-15-2011, 11:20 PM   #1
aznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

aznutx's Tacoma Gallery
gate remote programming

I live at an apartment complex that wants me to pay about $50+ per gate remote. Yes I have access but I need to punch in a code everytime and the turn is quite annoying to turn in and out with the tacoma and even so in my rav4. I wish to get 3 remotes as I have 3 vehicles.

My question is, is there a remote I can buy to program to the gate? I would think it's some kind of security violation as couldn't I just buy a remote and stand next to someone's garage door and program to the garage? anyways I just want to save money and see if I can program a remote to the gate. thx
Old 11-15-2011, 11:30 PM   #2
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Not possible - I imagine they have that locked down pretty tight.

The key fobs we have for our complex are included, until we lose them, and then it's $75. Tell them you are not paying extra for something that you need just to access your apartment. I would have flipped shit and made them put in the lease that I am not paying for a remote (unless I lose/damage the one they issue me).

Fink
Old 11-15-2011, 11:30 PM   #3
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
for programming most universal remotes you need to have a remote which you want to duplicate. You could buy one, and then install homelink in your cars, they are cheap and easy to install. (check compatibility)
Old 11-15-2011, 11:39 PM   #4
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
I think you can? My mom has a gmc suburban thing and it has a button for gates/ garages built in. So we had to program it wirelessly somehow, I just dont remember how exactly. It was a few years back. Also if it came down to it, once you had one remote I'm sure you could get a couple aftermarket ones to be programmed also
Old 11-15-2011, 11:43 PM   #5
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by epa4wd View Post
for programming most universal remotes you need to have a remote which you want to duplicate. You could buy one, and then install homelink in your cars, they are cheap and easy to install. (check compatibility)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfox1 View Post
I think you can? My mom has a gmc suburban thing and it has a button for gates/ garages built in. So we had to program it wirelessly somehow, I just dont remember how exactly. It was a few years back. Also if it came down to it, once you had one remote I'm sure you could get a couple aftermarket ones to be programmed also
These are definitely possibilities, but the OP would have to install HomeLink or something similar.

Without spending a decent amount of money on a HomeLink-type system, I don't think you can just go out and buy a universal remote to work for the gate.

If that's the case, I would reconsider where you are living. If I knew that anybody could go out and buy a $20 universal remote from RadioShack and get into our secured parking garage...I'd park somewhere else.

Fink
Old 11-15-2011, 11:50 PM   #6
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
also i dont know how old the gate motor and receiver is, but in our old one there would be a series of like 20 switches on the receiver and in the remote that would have to match and it would work. But like I'm talking like the 90's ha
Old 11-15-2011, 11:50 PM   #7
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fink View Post
These are definitely possibilities, but the OP would have to install HomeLink or something similar.

Without spending a decent amount of money on a HomeLink-type system, I don't think you can just go out and buy a universal remote to work for the gate.

If that's the case, I would reconsider where you are living. If I knew that anybody could go out and buy a $20 universal remote from RadioShack and get into our secured parking garage...I'd park somewhere else.

Fink

Homelink removed from car's visors are available on ebay for $20 bucks, just need to hook up a 12V and ground. I've seen two tacos here with them, its on my list of future mods.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:53 PM   #8
Motorboatin' SOB

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Homelink removed from car's visors are available on ebay for $20 bucks, just need to hook up a 12V and ground. I've seen two tacos here with them, its on my list of future mods.
Just seems like a lot of work to me.

I'm still shocked that they are making him pay for them.

Fink
Old 11-15-2011, 11:54 PM   #9
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fink View Post
Just seems like a lot of work to me.

I'm still shocked that they are making him pay for them.

Fink
nah its a simple mod, just place it on the headliner and take power from the dome light, just two wires.

here is one
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CUSTOM-GREY-...item53ea0b72cd
Old 11-16-2011, 12:01 AM   #10
aznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

aznutx's Tacoma Gallery
yeah im shocked too when we first asked but the rent was awesome compared to the others in the area we couldnt pass it up, i might just chalk it up and get 1 remote then clone it but, i really wanna find a way to not let them take my money
Old 11-16-2011, 12:13 AM   #11
Motorboatin' SOB

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
nah its a simple mod, just place it on the headliner and take power from the dome light, just two wires.

here is one
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CUSTOM-GREY-...item53ea0b72cd
Nice!

Fink
Old 11-16-2011, 10:00 AM   #12

aznutx's Tacoma Gallery
not bad, i dont wanna mess with the visor maybe ill get one and hide in the coin tray