1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

RoomsToGo quality...?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by jrdbrn, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Nov 16, 2011 at 3:58 AM
    jrdbrn

jrdbrn [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    '21 TRD Off Road
    My wife and I never had a bedroom set since buying our house 3 years ago. Only a bed and a tv stand... I thought about getting us a nice 8 piece from rooms to go as a shared Christmas gift if she'd like.

I think she'd like this Granby 8 Pc King Bedroom | Bedroom sets | Rooms To Go Furniture http://www.roomstogo.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=showRoom&roo_id=15510#22564

How is the quality? Says solid wood with cherry veneer, but that's kinda greek to me.

2. Nov 16, 2011 at 5:25 AM
    JaSkynyrd

JaSkynyrd Ron F. Swanson

Member:
    Chattanooga, TN
    Vehicle:
    2001 XtraCab 4x4 V6 SR5
    To be specific, it says "Wood Solids" I think thats probably something along the lines of "Bonded Leather" , which is basically leather scraps glued together. when you said Rooms to go I immediately thought of our friends that have bedroom and living room sets from Rooms To Go. They look alright but when you sit on them or touch, them or knock on them they feel distinctly cheap. I really like the way that bedroom set you picked out looks but the quality won't be there. I look at it as "throw away furniture". $2500, use it for 5 or 6 years and toss it.

We just bought a sofa and loveseat about a year ago and just those two items were $2700 but they were quality made, we sit on them every day and they look absolutely brand new, made out of solid wood too, no veneers. We also got a queen sized bed, that right there was another $1300. Crazy expensive if you ask me but just by looking at it and laying on it you can tell it's going to last.

3. Nov 16, 2011 at 5:50 AM
    05 TRD Sport

05 TRD Sport She's Fat, I'm Drunk, It's On.

Member:
    30 minutes south of Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    Red Prerunner AC
    Rooms to go = cheap crap. Not a good idea. Spend a little more and get something that will last a while

4. Nov 16, 2011 at 5:53 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    You could always get it for temporary until you save for better stuff then push it to the guest room.

5. Nov 16, 2011 at 5:54 AM
    Zac808

Zac808 Custom User Title

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    Viva Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD DC SB 4x4
    In my sig
    Costco. "satisfaction guaranteed". If at any time your.not happy, return it for a full cash refund.

Sent frum mobul fone soe don't freek out about my speling and grahmar. ;)

6. Nov 16, 2011 at 5:59 AM
    jeremy_283

jeremy_283 Super Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad Access Cab 4x4 Auto 4.0L
    Hella Rallye 4000 Cornering Lights PIAA 510 Fog Lights All Pro Front Bumper All Pro Rear Bumper All Pro Transfer Case Skid All Pro IFS Skid All Pro Rock Sliders All Pro High Clearance Hitch OME Dakar Leaf Springs OME Rear Shocks OME Front Shocks OME 885 Front Coils Wet Okole Seat Covers WeatherTech Floor Liners Sony Head Unit JL XD600/1 Amp 2 JL Audio 10” Subwoofers Custom Subwoofer Enclosure Kenwood Front Speakers Sony Rear Speakers Sound Deadening Mats LED Interior Lighting Pop N’ Lock Tailgate Lock Viper Alarm System Extra D-Rings In Truck Bed Maglite Seat Mount Disable Seatbelt Chime Rear Differential Breather Relocation Hi-Lift Bed Mount Flexible Front Mud Flaps 110v Inverter Always At 400w ABS Kill Switch Locking Center Console Removed Sway Bar

Products Discussed in

To Top