Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Best photo from your "Occupy" movement

Old 11-18-2011, 10:02 AM   #1
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Best photo from your Cities "Occupy" movement

Figured I would start this to see what kind of photos get taken from your local movement.

Here is one that was taken yesterday in Portland. This is not photoshopped. This has to go down as photo of the year.

Old 11-18-2011, 11:30 AM   #2
tacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoteacher's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-18-2011, 11:40 AM   #3
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
I was watching the live stream from NYC all day yesterday and was impressed by both the protesters and the police. It was primarily peaceful and amicable on both sides, and the police only shut things down or used force in response to actions against either them or property.

I'm not in complete agreement with either side's actions through the past 2 months but overall I give two thumbs up to both the protesters and NYC police department for the part each has played.

I'll continue to watch the rallies. It's a shame that most of the protesters that get any media attention are intelligent enough to know something should change but too uninformed to articulate exactly what they're after. Even with that, a nationwide dialog has been started so these rallies can be considered a major success.

Looking forward to seeing the photos in this thread.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:41 AM   #4
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-18-2011, 11:45 AM   #5
muddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

muddin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Figured I would start this to see what kind of photos get taken from your local movement.

Here is one that was taken yesterday in Portland. This is not photoshopped. This has to go down as photo of the year.

IN THE FAAAAAACCCCCEEEEE!!!!!!
Old 11-18-2011, 11:48 AM   #6
A-TRAC Equipped
speedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
speedydave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddin View Post
IN THE FAAAAAACCCCCEEEEE!!!!!!
I hope for her sake that was water, not pepper spray.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:49 AM   #7
GTACO
GTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabriel
GTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-18-2011, 11:52 AM   #8
Pay it Forward
Graham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant future

Graham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
I was watching the live stream from NYC all day yesterday and was impressed by both the protesters and the police. It was primarily peaceful and amicable on both sides, and the police only shut things down or used force in response to actions against either them or property.

I'm not in complete agreement with either side's actions through the past 2 months but overall I give two thumbs up to both the protesters and NYC police department for the part each has played.

I'll continue to watch the rallies. It's a shame that most of the protesters that get any media attention are intelligent enough to know something should change but too uninformed to articulate exactly what they're after. Even with that, a nationwide dialog has been started so these rallies can be considered a major success.

Looking forward to seeing the photos in this thread.
UMMMM......NO POLITICS! If you want to read or post about this crap then go to a news website
Old 11-18-2011, 11:53 AM   #9
CalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
CalgaryRider's Tacoma Gallery
The Occupy Calgary movement lost all credibility yesterday.... one of the protesters was yelling at a guy saying they couldn't find jobs. The guy turned around and offered the protester a job. The protester passed on the job.

So in my eyes, if your protesting lack of jobs and you're offered a job, take it or go home you ignorant bum

Sorry can't find the pic...

found a good one....

Old 11-18-2011, 11:56 AM   #10
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedydave View Post
I hope for her sake that was water, not pepper spray.
It was pepper spray.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:56 AM   #11
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
My cousin got arrested in new york the other day..damn hippie..
Old 11-18-2011, 11:58 AM   #12
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-18-2011, 12:02 PM   #13
Big things have small beginnings
staticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Commo: You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!
Name: Steve
staticsquelch's Tacoma Gallery
Ummm....... Not Politics. I don't really see this as political. Nobody is bringing up any views. Just showing pictures of people who are exercising their American rights. No big deal really. I'm sure there will be some pretty interesting photos.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:06 PM   #14
Bad decisions make great stories.
Lost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lost_Humanity's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
UMMMM......NO POLITICS! If you want to read or post about this crap then go to a news website
He said he didn't agree with either side.

Obviously there's enough attention to this debate to warrant discussion. Personally, I think this is a situation which both sides of the aisle are equally guilty for, and while I might not agree with the people who get the majority of the media attention, it is plainly clear that this is a problem which affects a great number of people in cities across the country.

What I would like to see is more people developing solutions for building a healthier middle class instead of pointing fingers and laying blame. Millions of people are unemployed and I'm sorry, giving everyone McDonalds jobs isn't going to recover the economy.

If you want to suppress wages that's fine, but then you need to work to bring the costs of goods and services down to a consumable level. And I think it's no secret that much of our current fiscal detriments can be blamed on corruption and cronyism as equally as inept policies.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:06 PM   #15
eagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud of
Law Enforcement:
Name: Scott
eagle5521's Tacoma Gallery
Occupy New Orleans: Can't do anything in NOLA without turning it into a party!

Of course some party to hard! This protester was found dead in his tent. Cause of death was "alcohol related".

Most of these idiots aren't from NOLA, let alone the south. Get a job and a voters registration card you abortive drifters!
Old 11-18-2011, 12:06 PM   #16
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hope you know that is a moderator you are talking to! lol
Old 11-18-2011, 12:06 PM   #17
Pay it Forward
Graham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant future

Graham's Tacoma Gallery
Time will tell on where this thread goes..
Old 11-18-2011, 12:07 PM   #18
Pay it Forward

Graham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011TacomaSR5 View Post
Hope you know that is a moderator you are talking to! lol

That is my point...aren't moderators supposed to follow the rules?
Old 11-18-2011, 12:10 PM   #19
eagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud of
Law Enforcement:
Name: Scott
eagle5521's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That is my point...aren't moderators supposed to follow the rules?
He is following the rules!
Old 11-18-2011, 12:10 PM   #20
Big things have small beginnings
staticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Commo: You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!
Name: Steve
staticsquelch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_Humanity View Post
He said he didn't agree with either side.

Obviously there's enough attention to this debate to warrant discussion. Personally, I think this is a situation which both sides of the aisle are equally guilty for, and while I might not agree with the people who get the majority of the media attention, it is plainly clear that this is a problem which affects a great number of people in cities across the country.

What I would like to see is more people developing solutions for building a healthier middle class instead of pointing fingers and laying blame. Millions of people are unemployed and I'm sorry, giving everyone McDonalds jobs isn't going to recover the economy.

If you want to suppress wages that's fine, but then you need to work to bring the costs of goods and services down to a consumable level. And I think it's no secret that much of our current fiscal detriments can be blamed on corruption and cronyism as equally as inept policies.

Now we're moving into views.......