1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OCD Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by kilted1117, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Nov 22, 2011 at 6:23 AM
    kilted1117

kilted1117 [OP] I smell corn

Member:
    First Name:
    Gophuk Yousef
    Valparaiso, IN
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma SR5 4dr Magnetic Grey
    Zippo.
    OK, we've all got our little "habits" that make perfect sense to us but others may see as a little.....odd. What kind of OCD things do you do?

For me the list is pretty long but here are a few....

1) I have to drive with my mph on the 5's (60, 65, 70, 75, etc.)
    2) I'm always pushing in chairs to the tables, even in restaurants.
    3) All my clothes are hung up In the closet facing the same way and by color and weight.
    4) Radio station presets have to be from lowest to highest/left to right.
    5) I have to take out the coffee fiter out of the pot as soon as the coffee is done brewing.

[​IMG]

2. Nov 22, 2011 at 6:30 AM
    TacoCat

TacoCat These pretzels are making me thirsty

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny-5
    Chantilly, VA
    Vehicle:
    22 JLUR 6MT
    x2 on this one. Pisses me off to no end when people are too effin lazy to push their chairs in and I end up tripping all over the damn things.

If I were to ask my wife to make a list of the things I'm OCD about, she'd probably reply "I'll need a few hundred pieces of paper and multiple pens"

3. Nov 22, 2011 at 6:42 AM
    macgyver

macgyver Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Tundra double cab SR5 4x4
    I push in chairs as well. It annoys me.

I do lots of OCD stuff. My girlfriend is OCD too, probably worse than me so we work well together.

I just organized all of my magazines in my living room the other night in chronological order and placed them in stacks by year. I hang all my clothes facing the same way. I don't sort by color though, just by shirt type (polos together, t-shirts together, button long sleeve dress shirts together, jeans together, dress pants together, etc)
    I hang all of my clothes except for socks, underwear, undershirts, and "getting dirty" clothes.

I vacuum my house in a certain order and I criss cross the vacuum pattern. I start vacuuming perpendicular to the "grain/nap" of the carpet. Then vacuum with the "grain." Mainly because if I don't "double vaccum," I don't get all of the dog hair up from the 3 dogs. I can't wait till february when i will be ripping up all of the carpet in my house and replacing it with hardwood floors! I HATE carpet with a passion. It gets so dirty and nasty no matter how much you vacuum.

My sister lives with me and she is an absolute SLOB! It drives me INSANE! She never cleans up after herself and she never puts anything back where she found it. You can't even see the floor in her bedroom bc it's covered with shit. She will be moving out soon haha.

4. Nov 22, 2011 at 6:46 AM
    macgyver

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    Oh it drives me nuts when people don't put things back where they found them and leave things in the condition they found them.

5. Nov 22, 2011 at 6:59 AM
    kilted1117

Member:
    First Name:
    Gophuk Yousef
    Valparaiso, IN
    Vehicle:
    Zippo.
    This X1000000000000000000000000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Nov 22, 2011 at 7:13 AM
    macgyver

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    A good example of this is my little sister, she will get the eggs out to cook breakfast. Take them out of the little dedicated egg compartment on the fridge door. Then put them back in the fridge on the shelf! BAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! :mad::eek::mad:

PUT THEM BACK IN THE GODDAMN EGG COMPARTMENT!!!

She wonders why she can never find anything...

7. Nov 22, 2011 at 7:24 AM
    Ripcord

Ripcord KM6PIM

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Northglenn, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Spruce Mica 2013 TRD-OR
    I do all of these expect the coffee thing, dont drink coffee..

Also, the Radio or TV Volume HAS TO BE on an even number.

8. Nov 22, 2011 at 7:53 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    We seem to all be very similar. I can relate in one way or anther to all of these things.
    I don't do my clothes by weight or color but type and they do indeed face the same direction.
    Same habit for volume and radio presets
    I'm also big on put things back how and where you got them
    Most of my clothes are hung as well, except for as mentioned above.
    I veer from my norm here....My movie/game racks are not in any noticable order. I place them based on how I like them, the top/eye level are the best games and movies. All others are placed based on action, comedy,chick flicks the cartoons are placed at my daughters eye level and in order of favorites at the time.

9. Nov 22, 2011 at 8:02 AM
    rbishopp

rbishopp Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Webster, NY
    Vehicle:
    2009 4WD Reg cab Taco. Keepin it simple.
    So far I've added an Advance folding bed cover and since removed it. Gave it to my son in Maine, he has an 05 2wd. GT perfect fit seat covers. Weathertech floor mats and window vent visors. Waag center brush/grill guard. Hose clamp tailgate mod. Turned off the seat belt chime. Added Ultra-Gauge. Trailer hitch. Softopper. Replaced sun visors with slide out style. Toyota bed extender. Had Firestone Destinations and now Michelin LTX AT2 in stock size. More mods to come; Fog lights, locking storage in bed, intermittent wipers. Now looking for Radio/HU upgrade. and maybe a lift way down the road.
    I have to drive just a little faster than everyone else.
    Sometimes I Push my chair back in. (GF gets pissed)
    Most clothes hang the same but whatever.
    Radio is by what I listen to most is first (left) to least.
    I can leave the filter in for a week or more if I don't make more coffee.

My GF is huge OCD that I just stand watching her sometimes until she screams at me to go away. We both get a chuckle out it.

I do put stuff back where it belongs, especially tools. My kids have cost me lots due to lost tools.

:rolleyes:

10. Nov 22, 2011 at 8:06 AM
    Toyota Tech31

Toyota Tech31 Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Debary, Florida
    Vehicle:
    '08 SWB Bad ass SPORT
    Air Raid air intake, 40 Series Flowmaster Muffler, Front Turn Signals Now Turn And Park, KENWOOD HEAD UNIT W/ ALL KENWOOD SPEAKER UPGRADES AND 2-10" KENWOOD SUBS BEHIND BACK SEAT, Bilstein 5125'S In Rear W/ 1.5 AAL'S, Bilstein 5100 W/ Eibachs Up Front, LR Upper control arms, NFAB steps, Bruteforce Fab Hybrid front bumper, LP10000 SuperWinch, 2 Rigid Industries SRM-2's, OKLedlightbars 6 CREE LED lights as fogs, AVID RBG, 2 4" red ring HIDs mounted behind the grille.
    Glad to know i'm not the only one, since high school my radio always has to be on an even number.

Also, when i eat i like to eat in even numbers, just like things to be even.

11. Nov 22, 2011 at 8:15 AM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    I don't have OCD cause I guess I'm lazy. I had a buddy who had it bad. He had to be the last one to touch his bedroom door knob. While driving he had to keep lowering and raising the volume. All the way up and all the way down. When he parked his car he had to go thru his presets 3 times. Left to right and right to left. 3 times. He had to keeps boots and sneakers in certain spots even dead center of floor where you would trip on them. His girlfriend tormented him and always moved shit

12. Nov 22, 2011 at 8:22 AM
    higherlux

higherlux Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    middle of S.C.
    Vehicle:
    1998 tacoma 2.7l 4wd/1986 POS
    Mall crawler status
    1) your #4
    2) a/c knobs have to be in the full left when not in use
    3) my money has to be facing the same direction in order from lowest to highest (which i dont like because i dont like having the highest number on bottom because people might think i have a lot of money and try to steal it, but thats the way it has to be)

i cant think of anything else right now :eek:

13. Nov 22, 2011 at 9:47 AM
    kilted1117

Member:
    First Name:
    Gophuk Yousef
    Valparaiso, IN
    Vehicle:
    Zippo.
    :eek: I do that too....:eek:

14. Nov 22, 2011 at 10:03 AM
    98_Mud_bug

98_Mud_bug 98_mud_bug

Member:
    lucedale Ms.
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma sr5/ 06 x-runner
    3 inch suspension lift, night shades corner and blinkers projector headlights with halos and 3 led's 18 inch kmc xd rockstar wheels,275/65/18 kelly safari tsr's, bush whacker fender flares 7 inch touch screen, 2 kenwood 12's, Magnaflow exaust single in dual out,
    Radio has to be on a 5. 5,10,15 such as that,.my money has to be right side up and front to back from smallest to largest bill, I can't have a sun visor down in my truck unless I'm the one using it. And in order to fall asleep I have to be completely covered with a pillow under my stomach lol

15. Nov 22, 2011 at 10:07 AM
    Tylerm5000

Tylerm5000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    1995.5 2.7l reg cab 4x4 5-speed red pearl
    Alcan stock height 4-leaf springs, greaseable main eye bolts, OME greaseable shackles, all energy suspension bushings, 2-row extra deep radiator, KYB gas-a-just shocks. ALL LED exterior and interior lighting including custom tail lights and blinkers.
    I wonder how many of you actually truly have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder like I do. True OCD actually shuts down parts of your brain when you lose control of what you are obsessed about.

It is one of the worst things you could experience.

Fortunately for me, Adderall fixes it. How? I don't know. But at least I don't fall asleep drepressed because my truck has dents in it. It is not fun. It may sound silly, but it is real.

16. Nov 22, 2011 at 10:21 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    my truck is cleaner on the inside than the out. you wont find much trash at all. i think the engine bay is cleaner the the out side.

the clothes i hang have to all face the same way. and or sorted. polo together t-shirts together. and so on. a/c and stuff has to be off when truck is off. i HATE when people AKA my dad wont put my radio back on what it was on. or some one leaves the passenger side visor down. i clean the brakes and shocks and any frame you can see every time i clean the truck. coke and other pop cans have to be crushed be for they are put in the recycle ben. my PS3 has to be in a certain spot on the tv stand and controllers on the holder. and game cases in the row that i have. when i see big water puddles i HAVE to hit/ go thru them. even if i go in the other lain going over that dam! lol when i park some wear and their is a curb or something so you don’t go to far. i must hit it. even if the front bumper is in a bush. TOOLs i have my own and i don’t like anyone els using them un less i say so! i’ll think of moor later.

17. Nov 22, 2011 at 11:38 AM
    4x4Runner

4x4Runner Sam’s gone, man. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Not north, not south, not west, mostly east
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    My God you are all nuts!

The only thing I'm really OCD about is stuffI build, It has to be perfect, I'll measure 10+ times to make sure it's right. I guess it's the German heritage.

I'm wicked OCD about spelling and use of the appropriate use of words. Some people on this forum make my brain hurt.

18. Nov 22, 2011 at 1:44 PM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    my dad is kinda like that when he builds something.

and i’m sorry! :eek:

19. Nov 22, 2011 at 1:57 PM
    wrxRome

wrxRome Houston's Swamp Rat

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Covington, LA/Friendswood,TX
    Vehicle:
    06 SWB 4x4 trd off road
    my mom cant stand a dirty house, if she runs out of medicine, then she is up at 3:30 in the morning vaccuming the dam house...

20. Nov 22, 2011 at 2:15 PM
    chip01822

chip01822 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    chip
    kentucky
    Vehicle:
    11 DC 4x4 sport
    window tint (35% ky law) westin stepbars, in channel vents, bed mat, bed extender
    When I park front wheels have to be straight. Not really OCD other than that but the wife use to be real bad she would check stove before we left house even if we hadn't used it at all that day and she would rub her hands across the light switches and count to five to make sure they were off sometimes it would take 30 minutes just to leave the house but she has calmed down a bit in the past few years

Products Discussed in

To Top