Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Started a blog some of you might enjoy

Old 11-22-2011, 05:47 PM   #1
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Started a blog some of you might enjoy

A buddy of mine and I just started a blog about cars. It's basically an outlet for us to vent about cars, manufacturers in the industries, etc. No ads on the site and neither of us have careers in the automotive industry. Both of us just like to write.

We have it open so you can comment on posts. Hoping it will be a lot of fun. He has a writing style that's pretty funny and I'm more of a technical guy. Check it out!

www.CarsAndCranks.com

(first intro post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automotive Insanity

What is insanity? The quote that floats around the internet these days is something about doing something again and again and expecting different results. I posit that it is something entirely different. Insanity is dropping thirty grand on a 20 year old Toyota because it’ll make a thousand wheel horsepower if you sneeze wrong. I feel insanity is looking at a BMW and knowing that two insignificant parts breaking will cause upwards of fifteen thousand dollars in damage, and I still want one more than any other car I can think of. I say insanity is spending any dollar amount on a rotary powered car knowing full well that your deity of choice hates them, and will kill it at the least opportune moment (be it by blown engine or a Crown Vic). Insanity is saying screw it, and feeling the true urge to fly to a city a thousand miles away, pick up one of each of the aforementioned doom mobiles, and drive both of them back home in a nonstop trip accompanied by a bender of Red Bull, Fun Dips, and Death Metal. That, dear readers, is insanity.

Insanity is more than just wanting to do something stupid. It is the dedication to doing something stupid. So maybe that internet quote is right. Yeah, insanity is doing something stupid, and expecting different results when you do it again. So let me ask you this. When you do it again, and get better results, is that genius? I can tell you that thrashing the Teutonic titan M3 on a back road is one of the most rewarding experiences you’ll have. I can tell you there is something so exotic about the sound of a screaming turbo three rotor that you just can’t forget it. And I can tell you that the Supra is worth it, because that kid on the turbo ‘Busa likes to think he is fast. Yeah, I think that is genius.

Hi. My name is Robert. And I am a car guy. Yeah, one of those car guys. The kind that likes straight pipes on a Z06, the one that thinks you should go cattless not just for the power but the smell, and the one that doesn’t really see a reason why a car shouldn’t have over eight hundred ponies under the hood. If you’ve made it this far and haven’t either closed out this window or started some retort about how I’m murdering the environment by being an anti social psychopath who like loud noises, then you are in the right place. Welcome to Cars and Cranks, a place for all the other anti social psychopaths in the world.

The purpose of this blog is to be an outlet for myself and my stalwart co-writer Steve. Say hi Steve. *Steve says hi*. What we are here to do is to bring you all the enthusiast’s view, the perspective from those people that the car manufacturers always claim to be wanting to represent, but never do because they know we are a bunch of bitchtastic™ assholes that the dealer network hates and won’t put up with their shit. We are here for all the car lovers. The ones that think that going fast is an art form. The ones that have an equal affinity for a screaming inline six or a roaring V8. The ones that don’t think a 250 mph car is a waste of resources. We are here for the ones that eschew the social norms, the ones that say “neigh, I shan’t drive 55”, the ones that want a return of the horsepower wars, the ones that love fun and fast cars.

If any of this sounds like you, then welcome home. Welcome to the place where you can come and bitch and moan and complain about your car, about the world’s cars, and feel welcomed. Because after you’ve done that, and you just want to talk about how much you love that same very car you called a complete, unmitigated piece of shit ten seconds ago, you can. We get you. We understand you. We are you.

Welcome to Cars and Cranks. Now fasten your seatbelt, shut the hell up, and enjoy the ride
Old 11-23-2011, 08:40 AM   #2
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
I just realized this wound up in the Off Topic section and not the Automotive section. Can a I get a mod to hook me up with a move?