Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Old member leaving...

Old 11-23-2011, 01:58 PM   #1
topdec will become famous soon enoughtopdec will become famous soon enough
topdec's Tacoma Gallery
Old member leaving...

Guys,

I did the unthinkable...I traded in the Taco.

My truck served me very well. I couldn't have built my basement without it, and it was so convenient to pick up just about anything on my way home. I will truly miss it.

My wants have changed though. I'm a track-day motorcyclist that needs a cure for my need for speed during the winter months. So I traded for a CPO 2008 335xi. Not that the Taco isn't agile. I just wanted something for the occasional need for spirited driving. For hauling stuff, I'm going to have to depend on my wife's Sienna to pull my fold-able 4x8 trailer.

The last great thing my truck did for me was save me some money on the car purchase. The trade-in value for the Taco is just ridiculously high. Plus the dealership gave me the KBB price for a vehicle rated as 'very good'.

I will truly miss this wonderful site. Thank you to all those who have helped me in the past...continue helping each other out dudes.
Old 11-23-2011, 02:07 PM   #2
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
You don't have to leave just because you don't own the Tacoma anymore. I know deep in your heart will always be a soft spot for a Tacoma, and when you miss it you can always come back here...
Old 11-23-2011, 05:25 PM   #4
Local TW dissenter
toy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
toy02ota's Tacoma Gallery
No need to leave. I'm driving a Chevy and I haven't been kicked out... yet
Old 11-23-2011, 05:30 PM   #5
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
I'm new here, have had several Tacomas and I bet you as one of the "old" guys can add to this forum.

On a side note, the 335xi is a great ride. When I visit the parents, who don't live in the same part of the country as I, I'm always stuck driving the 335xi...I hate it but, only because I can't justify buying another car and I'm not going without a hauler....
Old 11-23-2011, 06:05 PM   #6
R o C C o 5 7 has much to be proud ofR o C C o 5 7 has much to be proud ofR o C C o 5 7 has much to be proud ofR o C C o 5 7 has much to be proud ofR o C C o 5 7 has much to be proud ofR o C C o 5 7 has much to be proud ofR o C C o 5 7 has much to be proud ofR o C C o 5 7 has much to be proud ofR o C C o 5 7 has much to be proud ofR o C C o 5 7 has much to be proud of

Name: Frank
R o C C o 5 7's Tacoma Gallery
Newb here.I say for as long as you've been a member here;You have the key to the city or in this case TACOMA WORLD!!! Stop by any time I'm sure you'll be welcomed.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:11 AM   #7
topdec will become famous soon enoughtopdec will become famous soon enough
topdec's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks a lot for not kicking me out

I'm hoping to have a lot of fun with the car. But given my history with vehicles, I'm sure I'll be shopping for another one in 3-5 years...hopefully for a Taco or a 4Runner.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:18 AM   #8
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Post pics of this new ride.

No need to leave tho..stick around have a few laughs.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:52 AM   #9
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
especially since you been a member for som long, your member number is only 3 digits!