Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Are these illegal?

Old 11-23-2011, 05:53 PM   #1
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Are these illegal?

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/p13-com...l-jammer-24229

While I was going to trade school I had a class called specialize controls. My teacher showed us his cell phone jammer that he use when students would txt in class.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:55 PM   #3
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
im not a lawyer, but i would say the device is not illegal, it's how you use it that could be illegal. . . i know a pharmaceutical company near my home that has one so the employees can't call out info on da drugzz.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:55 PM   #4
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907taco View Post
perfectly legal in all states

Why you say that?

I am thinking about picking one up.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:56 PM   #5
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 907taco View Post
perfectly legal in all states
I thought they were illegal
Old 11-23-2011, 05:56 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
If I was a teacher I might have done the same.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:57 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post

He would tell the student to quit txt in class. If they refuse to quit txt he pull the phone jammer out.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:58 PM   #8
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
Name: Kevin
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
THAT IS A GOOD idea--wonder what range --I am going to get a DOZEN
20 meters--60 feet--WOW
Old 11-23-2011, 05:58 PM   #9
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
yeah see that's how i think it would be ok. at school and at work you give up a lot of your rights. your boss can put a gps on your car and legally doesn't have to tell you. if you're on the clock/in school and they don't want you on your phone than they can stop it. . . . . now if OP gets this and sits outside a police station trying to screw with some coppers i imagine he'll find out it is indeed illegal somehow.

edit: and before someone gets their pannies in a wad, by boss putting a gps on "your car" i was referring to like a company car.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:00 PM   #10
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
What is it?
Old 11-23-2011, 06:01 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
yeah see that's how i think it would be ok. at school and at work you give up a lot of your rights. your boss can put a gps on your car and legally doesn't have to tell you. if you're on the clock/in school and they don't want you on your phone than they can stop it. . . . . now if OP gets this and sits outside a police station trying to screw with some coppers i imagine he'll find out it is indeed illegal somehow.

I would probably use it when I see people on their phone txt or talking while driving on the roads. lol
Old 11-23-2011, 06:01 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean266 View Post
What is it?

It's a phone jammer foolio. lol
Old 11-23-2011, 06:03 PM   #13
I'm a zit. Get it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post
I would probably use it when I see people on their phone txt or talking while driving on the roads. lol
now we are getting somewhere. the question behind your question is actually "do you have the legal right to obstruct someone from using their cell phone without permission at any time?"

probably illegal. just trying to think of the actual charge that could be pressed.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:05 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
now we are getting somewhere. the question behind your question is actually "do you have the legal right to obstruct someone from using their cell phone without permission at any time?"

probably illegal. just trying to think of the actual charge that could be pressed.

My friend was talking to me about a device that could turn a stop light from red to green. lol He wouldn't tell me where to buy them though.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:06 PM   #15
Drop it Drop it Low
Dmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Branden
Dmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Are they for sale? Yes. there ya go
Old 11-23-2011, 06:07 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmonkey View Post
Are they for sale? Yes. there ya go

You going to buy one? lol
Old 11-23-2011, 06:07 PM   #17
Drop it Drop it Low
Dmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Branden
Dmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You going to buy one? lol
bought 5, my whole area is going to be a giant blackout zone
Old 11-23-2011, 06:09 PM   #18
Cheeba Chief
Nicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Nicks4x4LT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My friend was talking to me about a device that could turn a stop light from red to green. lol He wouldn't tell me where to buy them though.
off a fire engine or ambulance lol
Old 11-23-2011, 06:11 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibaChief View Post
off a fire engine or ambulance lol

Yeah off a fire engine or ambulance smart ass. lol
Old 11-23-2011, 06:12 PM   #20
Subd for later..
TacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
TacoRun's Tacoma Gallery
I wish the movie theaters would have a system like this.