1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Loaned my trailer out, bad idea

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by jackhart, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Nov 27, 2011 at 10:24 PM
    2008taco

2008taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    san diego
    I used to make people write what they were taking and when AND made them leave collateral. I made sure they knew they would have to replace it if they broke it, and they would not be able to borrow anything again until what they borrowed was returned. When I started that my tools stopped disappearing, and stopped coming back broken and dirty.

2. Nov 28, 2011 at 4:57 AM
    ecupcar

ecupcar Well-Known Member

Member:
    20 miles south of nowhere
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma and 99 4Runner Limited
    Leer color match cap, prodigy break controller, Thule rack, window tint, bed mat and bug deflector
    Nice trailer, it's a shame other people don't respect your stuff.

Man, they broke some things that shouldn't be broken! The lights I get, but the rest is just abuse!

3. Nov 28, 2011 at 5:17 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Damn, looks like a lot of damage. They obviously can't back up a trailer to save their lives or they used the rear as a brush plow to break all the lights and it almost seems like it came unhooked on them while driving to break the W/D components, break an S-hook on the chain and snap the breakaway cable. Was there a lot of dirt or gravel on the front edge of the trailer, like it took a nose dive?

4. Nov 28, 2011 at 5:20 AM
    hetkind

hetkind Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Howard
    Johnson City
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 Access Cab, white with Leer Cap
    bilstein set at 1.75, Racho 5000 rear with 4 leaf kit, floor mats, high lift jack, pull hook in hitch, bed rail corner braces, severe duty brake pads and devil horns on the grill....
    I loan stuff out and borrow stuff when needed...but a loan or a borrow is a SHORT term deal, not months on end. Last tool I borrowed was a pressure washer, and when I started using it, I found a leaking float needle, it got returned repaired. And then I talked with the neighbor I borrowed it from and determined that the previous user (to clean my neigbors deck) supplied gas in his own can, probably with dirt in it...

But, in my world, if someone gets known for abusing other people's equipment, things can get very lonely and expensive for them.

BTW, I "lent" my truck out to my wife for the weekend to go see her parents 400 miles away and it came back full of gas.

I loaned my 94 Toy pickup out 10 years ago to a GF to haul mulch, her ADHD son, while unattended, scratched the blank out of the tailgate by shoving the wheelbarrow under it, soon after that, she became an ex-GF

5. Nov 28, 2011 at 5:41 AM
    JustinL

JustinL Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Berlin, CT
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD OffRoad DCSB Pyrite Mica
    2012 Conversion
    ^^^This is what I was taught

Just think, when the in-laws ask to borrow something in the future just say "I can't, I don't want it ending up in the mountains like MY TRAILOR!"

6. Nov 28, 2011 at 1:54 PM
    wrxRome

wrxRome Houston's Swamp Rat

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Covington, LA/Friendswood,TX
    Vehicle:
    06 SWB 4x4 trd off road
    Beat idea I think haha

Products Discussed in

To Top