View Poll Results: Which name?
Dane Dudley 14 29.17%
Dudley Dane 6 12.50%
Dane Famous 1 2.08%
They all suck, start fresh 27 56.25%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-2011, 09:17 PM   #1
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Name Selection

So...my wife is currently 16 weeks pregnant. We know of a girls name, but having issues on deciding a boy.

The girl will be Aniston Janet. As for the boy we have a few options.

First off, my grandfather and fathers names are Dudley. I really wish I too was given that name just to keep it going. But, I wasn't so....
We are thinking either Dudley Dane, Dane Dudley or Dane Famous. Now both dad and grandpa have Dudley as a first. Neither really like it but it's simply just a family name. My mother and all family on her side feel that he would get a lot of criticism for it. So do I use it as a first, second, or stay away from it all together and throw in the Famous as a middle?

BTW, Famous was a pit/lab we had that grew very fond to both our hearts but was unhealthy and had to be put down ate age 2.

Attached is a poll, please chime in.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:24 PM   #2
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
If neither your grandfather or father like the name, I'd just forget about it.

My grandmother wanted me to be named Milton. I'm glad my parents didn't listen.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:26 PM   #3
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
I like the first name Dane, so I chose the first option.

I got my dad's pretty horrible middle name of Edward but It's cool to keep it going.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:27 PM   #4
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
I like the first name Dane, so I chose the first option.

I got my dad's pretty horrible middle name of Edward but It's cool to keep it going.
thats not a terrible middle name at all!
Old 11-27-2011, 09:35 PM   #5
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Well my sister ran into a teenager tonight who's name was Dudley, he said he doesn't like it too much either but understands its a family name. He said he'd probably name his son that too. He also said he never really got any flack for it.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:38 PM   #6
Bishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Bishop2Queens6's Tacoma Gallery
From my behavioral psychology text books, an individual's name will dictate what is expected from them, their success, and life path. An individual's name will instantly create an image associated with that name that is perceived by that individual's peers, and from that image, there will be expectations and judgement.

That being said, the top three "power" names in current modern society are: David, James, and Michael.

The name "Dudley", will all due respect, will not do as a first name in today's society, and your family is right in that your son will be mocked if it was his first name. It's fine as an unspoken middle name just to keep the family name going.

Dane, however, can work as a first name. "The meaning of the name Dane is God Is My Judge Or From Denmark. The origin of the name Dane is Scandinavian", but to me it feels unprofessional, unrefined, almost bourgeois. It would go in the same category like names such as: Mason or Bruce.

I would start fresh and rethink, although that might be troublesome since I may have just complicated things. Good luck in picking a baby name.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:41 PM   #7
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
^ Damn you smart people! Lol

It's all good. We have a while to think!
Old 11-28-2011, 11:24 AM   #8
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Had appointment today but still too early to know sex.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:38 AM   #9
If it flies it dies!!
duckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
duckcmdr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop2Queens6 View Post
From my behavioral psychology text books, an individual's name will dictate what is expected from them, their success, and life path. An individual's name will instantly create an image associated with that name that is perceived by that individual's peers, and from that image, there will be expectations and judgement.

That being said, the top three "power" names in current modern society are: David, James, and Michael.

The name "Dudley", will all due respect, will not do as a first name in today's society, and your family is right in that your son will be mocked if it was his first name. It's fine as an unspoken middle name just to keep the family name going.

Dane, however, can work as a first name. "The meaning of the name Dane is God Is My Judge Or From Denmark. The origin of the name Dane is Scandinavian", but to me it feels unprofessional, unrefined, almost bourgeois. It would go in the same category like names such as: Mason or Bruce.

I would start fresh and rethink, although that might be troublesome since I may have just complicated things. Good luck in picking a baby name.

Wow...really? Psychology never makes any sense, sounds more like a religious veiw to me.

I will never see a shrink because of statements like this. Jmo
Old 11-28-2011, 11:47 AM   #10
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery

Old 11-28-2011, 11:48 AM   #11
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Name him Sue

Hopefully you're not too young to get the reference...
Old 11-28-2011, 11:48 AM   #12
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Dane Dudlous Ley (and your last name)

Dudlous is a combination of Dudley and Famous (pronounced like Douglas) and Ley as a second middle name to complete DudLEY.

The pattern is smooth (on syllable, two syllables, one syllable). How many syllables is your last name?
Old 11-28-2011, 11:59 AM   #13
Bishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckcmdr View Post
Wow...really? Psychology never makes any sense, sounds more like a religious veiw to me.

I will never see a shrink because of statements like this. Jmo
I enjoy psychology, especially behavioral psychology. It gives a rational explanation to such an abstract and often misunderstood aspect of the human condition.

To each his own.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:02 PM   #14
GO JETS GO
LMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
LMR's Tacoma Gallery
Seven or Soda
Old 11-28-2011, 12:06 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMR View Post
Seven or Soda
Name the kid Seven, or Soda?

Saying Seven makes me think of the movie Lucky Number Sleven.

Name the kid "Sleven". He'll prolly be called "7-11" but it sounds so bad ass.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:12 PM   #16
GO JETS GO
LMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
LMR's Tacoma Gallery
It's from Seinfeld
Old 11-28-2011, 03:03 PM   #17
Quo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Paul
Quo Fan's Tacoma Gallery
I threatened to name my son Myron Othello.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:21 PM   #18
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Name him Sue

Hopefully you're not too young to get the reference...
Cash! Lol
Old 11-28-2011, 05:23 PM   #19
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
Dane Dudlous Ley (and your last name)

Dudlous is a combination of Dudley and Famous (pronounced like Douglas) and Ley as a second middle name to complete DudLEY.

The pattern is smooth (on syllable, two syllables, one syllable). How many syllables is your last name?
3. Towery. My middle name is Jeremy and it f*s up the flow. I hate it! Lol
Old 11-28-2011, 05:31 PM   #20
Ace of Spades
Alderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: OPSEC
Name: Nick
Alderleet's Tacoma Gallery
option 4.

the top 3 names sound really gay.

If you want a power name, try Roland.