Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Painting In Cold Weather

Old 11-28-2011, 09:37 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Worst case, it peels and you have to scrape it off and do it again.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:51 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy_283 View Post
How long till I would see it start peeling you think?
Depends, if it was really an issue, it wouldn't hold and you'd be able to tell the next day. If it held on and looks good a few days later, I wouldn't worry about it unless something does happen. It may have done something detrimental to long term durability but I can't speak to that, I just know first hand what happens when painting in less than ideal conditions. If you were within the specified conditions when you painted and it stayed that way for 6 hours, I'd say you're probably fine if you're not seeing signs of the paint not sticking yet. I've found humidity seems to be more of a factor than temperature. What did you paint, if it was the side of the house, the temp may have dropped but your house will radiate heat so the surface may not have gotten as cold as you think.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:30 PM   #6
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
You should be okay. When they say that the paint is rated for 35F then there is usually a safety factor in there. I assume if you say it got below freezing you are talking low 30s, not subzero temperatures. My guess is that it had already cured by the time it reached those freezing temperatures, which was probably early morning rather than just after you finished painting.

By the way, we are still enjoying mid 80s here in Florida.