Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

photoshop help

Old 06-27-2007, 05:13 AM   #1
keynote22 is on a distinguished road
keynote22's Tacoma Gallery
photoshop help

Can someone paint this bumper the same color as the body and not have it look like it was done with a crayon?

thanks
Old 06-27-2007, 07:50 PM   #2
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Ohh. that might take a little time.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:46 AM   #3
thanks for any help. I have been messing with it but I cant figure out how to get the shading to work automatically. The wand tool is selecting everything thats black instead of just the bumper and I cant unselect without canceling everything.

I was reading this tutorial where they changed a civic from red to black... they made it look so easy. Nope, its not
Old 06-28-2007, 05:30 PM   #4
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
You can try the magic wand tool turned down to a very low tolerance so it will only select the shade of black that is on the bumper. However, the quickest way would be to use the polygonal lasso and just follow the borders of the bumper, create a new layer via copy and do your editing on that layer.

The hard part is, like you said, the shading and the actual surface color. I would think you would want that same mirror finish as the truck, and this is difficult. If it were one solid color it would be a piece of cake.

I was messing around with your photo and was trying to create a new pattern overlay created from a swatch i took from the door panel. This way i could import the swatch of the mirror finish of your truck paint and apply it to the area selected by the polygonal lasso tool. Then you could add artificial shading through color overlays, etc.

However, I forgot how to import patterns (its been awhile since i was using PS often). Plus i ran out of time. I force myself to set a clock in front of me when i start messing with photo-editing software, especially PS, so i dont stay up all night.

Good luck! Photoshop rules!

Ted
Old 06-28-2007, 05:40 PM   #5
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Kilo Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marines 1st Marine Division
kilo's Tacoma Gallery
Keynote is that your truck? That's almost what I want to do to mine. Same rock sliders, that could act as nerf bars, and the bumber I was thinking about getting the one without the tubing around the lights. That's an awesome truck!!! Who made the bumper, looks like the ARB one? Do youe have a side view pic? Would like to know how far out or bumper platform it has?
Old 06-28-2007, 05:51 PM   #6
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Kilo Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marines 1st Marine Division
kilo's Tacoma Gallery
I had to look at the pics again, that's a SHARP taco!! Even without A/T tires! I'm getting it for my Bessy.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:15 AM   #7
My truck is still stock but it is a silver 4 door shortbed off road. I want it to look like that but I think I might want to paint the bumper. That is the shrockworks bumper and sliders.

http://www.shrockworks.com/Toyota-Ta...-pr-16174.html

Unfortunately there are only 2 trucks out with that set up so there arent a lot of pics available.

I just found out yesterday that all pro is making a bumper similar to that one that will be a lot less so I will probably wait until they have their version out while I work on the photoshop. I really like their baha bumper

http://www.allprooffroad.com/index.p...sk=view&id=101