LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

So I passed this guy in a Honda...

Old 12-14-2011, 07:24 AM   #21
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
I like winter time driving for situations like this. Get onto the shoulder or in the center a little. The gravel all over the road is now all over his car...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
This.
I'm with you guys. I love winter time tailgaters, just drift to one side of the lane and you effectively sand blast their car if they're too close.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:24 AM   #22
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
... this would be a good beginning for a horror flick
Old 12-14-2011, 07:24 AM   #23
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tacoman15's Tacoma Gallery
i believe we are all just victims of people who suffer from a serious medical condition called nofuckyoudontpassmebecauseidontknowhowtodrive syndrome.

i have had this happen to me a lot unfortunately and since i drive a manual i like to downshift just to scare them but sometimes it doesn't work. one time i actually had a guy pull a gun on me and wave it out his window. why did he do this you ask? because i turned left on a green light (arrow) and he decided that the yield sign was optional for him. fucking tard.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:28 AM   #25
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPR921 View Post
Lets just say.. your lucky VTEC didn't hit.......
Old 12-14-2011, 07:31 AM   #26
socalgasking is on a distinguished road
Name: Ash
socalgasking's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhart View Post
Long story, but curious if anyone has ever had something similar happen to them.

Cliff notes version - pass a guy, he tries to speed up to prevent me from passing, gets pissed I passed him, tailgates me for a while, tries to pass me, can't, then disappears down another road and I don't see him again.

Here's the details if you want to read it. Driving home after a few days of business in NYC today, long drive maybe 5 hours with traffic. Last part of the drive was dark, was itching to get home. Two lane country road, 24 miles long, most of it runs next to a lake, lots of short places to pass, farms, horses, you get the picture.

So I'm clipping along, and I come upon some beater Honda, doing maybe 5 - 7 mph under the speed limit. No way am I staying behind this guy for 22 miles. I didn't even hesitate when I saw the first set of dotted yellow lines. Signal, move left to pass, and - you all know the drill, hell I subconsciously knew what was going to happen before it even happened - the guy tries to speed up and not let me pass, right?

Except, he is in a beater Honda with the coffee can exhaust, and I've already pegged it when I signaled my pass because I've been driving for a very long time and, as mentioned, I already anticipated what was coming. I don't blow his doors off, exactly, and I do pass him, but he's doing his best to make it as difficult for me as possible. Asshole. But I can tell he's totally pissed that I just passed him. I signal back over to the right, and of course, now the guy's going to tailgate me for the next 22 miles. Wtf?

I just kind of pretend he's not there for a while watching him fuming while he's just off my bumper, tap my brakes a couple of times without letting off the accelerator just to back him off a little bit. Which is ineffective. I don't understand this mentality, but I've seen it too many times, even on 4 line highways - some people just cannot stand to be passed, regardless of how fast or slow they are driving. They seem to take it personally. They will speed up just so you can't pass them. Bottom line, if you don't like getting passed, then speed the %$&* up in the first place, OK? I won't try to pass you if you are going as fast as me, I promise.

So now riding my bumper, he veers around a few times to try and pass, but his car just isn't powerful enough to get enough momentum, given the rate of speed I am travelling, and the available passing distances involved. I am not speeding up at this point, by the way, like he did to me, I am just doing a constant - but quick - rate of speed. If he had maybe a half mile straightaway, he could have easily gone by me, and I certainly would have let him. But he did not and could not given the speed we were already going, the relatively short passing lanes, hills and what not.

At some point, I started to worry that this guy was perhaps really insane and might do harm to me and so I decided at the next opportunity I would really slow down and let him pass, but then I figured if he was then ahead of me, he would probably try to slam on his brakes and get me to rear end him, just because he was in a beater and I was in a new truck. I contemplated what I was going to do next, when he decided for me...he took a turn and just disappeared down another road. One second he was behind me, the next he was gone. Never saw him again.

I really enjoy it when people try to pass me in my taco, i down shift and let the supercharger whine take me to VICTORY!!! Normally they are surprised to hear the blower and see my fly past them!!!
Old 12-14-2011, 07:50 AM   #27
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oat View Post
Bed lights = win in this.
Bed lights = horrible idea for this... Just drive. They're behind you, just hold your speed, drive normal and let it go. If it really bothers you that much, slow down and let them pass. What do you really think you're going to accomplish by blinding an obviously aggravated driver? People do stupid things, he could end up hitting you on purpose or even worse, have a weapon in the car with him. I'm sorry but with responses like that, you're just as bad as the tailgater in my opinion.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:53 AM   #28
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tacoman15's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Bed lights = horrible idea for this... Just drive. They're behind you, just hold your speed, drive normal and let it go. If it really bothers you that much, slow down and let them pass. What do you really think you're going to accomplish by blinding an obviously aggravated driver? People do stupid things, he could end up hitting you on purpose or even worse, have a weapon in the car with him. I'm sorry but with responses like that, you're just as bad as the tailgater in my opinion.
x2
Old 12-14-2011, 07:57 AM   #29
BigFoot aka Sasquatch
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
it took a few years, but i finally learned this. I'll stay my course or slow down and they can drive off so i don't ever have to see them again. I get into fewer of these situations since i don't drive as fast anymore. There is something to be said for keeping your license.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:05 AM   #30
Mind = Blown
Loudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: EOD
Name: Blair
Loudpedal's Tacoma Gallery
Often in situations like this I have found classical music helps. I usually listen to rock or metal, but if I feel myself getting all worked up at traffic, I flip to a classical station. It's amazing how calming it can be.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:07 AM   #31
rbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: ARFF @ ROC
Name: Rich
rbishopp's Tacoma Gallery
yeah people suck. I once had a guy take an exit ramp by mistake because he just had to pass me after I passed him. I could see him really pissed when he realized he was committed to the ramp. Never saw him again.

I don't care if people pass me just go faster than me. That's why you passed me in the first place. Can't tell you how many times someone worked hard to get around me just to slow down and turn. WTF.

Best course is ignore the A Hole and keep going. See how long they'll follow you.

Old 12-14-2011, 08:13 AM   #32
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. C
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
It's situations like this why I carry a gun most of the time. I'd of hit the brake lights to tell him to back off a few times, after that if he is still tailgating me hard I consider that a threat to my personal safety. Normally I just pull over and flip the guy off, and let him pass me. If he wants to stop and pull over, well its his funeral. So far most people just drive by and that's about it, they are gone after that and no worries.. But you do have to worry about the crazies out there that may just be that pissed and follow you to your home.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:15 AM   #33
Chief Pal Guy -- NOT Sir
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman15 View Post
x2
x3
Old 12-14-2011, 08:15 AM   #34
Banned
arrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
arrrghhh's Tacoma Gallery
I had a dude when I was in high school think he was bad mofo in his Corvette... I was in a base model Eclipse. No power.

So we're driving along on an EMPTY highway, and I come up on this guy like he's parked. I'm doing maybe 10 over... It was late. So I signal to pass him, and he ROMPS on it. Obviously my car won't be able to beat his, so I get back in behind... he SLAMS on the brakes.

Ok buddy, wtf. I get back over to pass and he romps on it again. Fortunately the highway was completely deserted, and I just drove in the oncoming lane watching him floor it, brake, floor it, brake... What a winner. I ended up going the speed I wanted to go, and he... well I dunno, I guess had some fun? Meh.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:31 AM   #35
Big things have small beginnings
staticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Commo: You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!
Name: Steve
staticsquelch's Tacoma Gallery
You sure you weren't in Arizona? This same shit happens to me every morning. It's usually a woman talking on her cell phone. I swear women drivers are the worst ones here. No offense to those who do know how to drive. Just my observations, during my time on the road here.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:46 AM   #36
Chief Pal Guy -- NOT Sir
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by staticsquelch View Post
You sure you weren't in Arizona? This same shit happens to me every morning. It's usually a woman talking on her cell phone. I swear women drivers are the worst ones here. No offense to those who do know how to drive. Just my observations, during my time on the road here.
That cell phone stuff sucks...irritates the crap out of me!

It like they're on another planet...accident waiting to happen.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:16 AM   #37
Optimus2009 is a name known to allOptimus2009 is a name known to allOptimus2009 is a name known to allOptimus2009 is a name known to allOptimus2009 is a name known to allOptimus2009 is a name known to all

Army:
Optimus2009's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I will agree with this one...even though most drivers do put me in something just short of a blinding white rage. I understand mistakes, but not paying attention and aggression don't sit well with me. Just look at how many people die every year in auto accidents and tell me driving isn't a serious responsibility. Worst part is that so much of it is plain stupidity. I am by no means perfect and do my share of exceeding the speed limit, but putting somebody else's life at risk is not my thing.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:49 AM   #39
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeezy View Post
... this would be a good beginning for a horror flick
"Duel" with Dennis Weaver (1971).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irKty...eature=related
Old 12-14-2011, 10:02 AM   #40
Chief Pal Guy -- NOT Sir

MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Monkey View Post
"Duel" with Dennis Weaver (1971).
Classic!