1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

So I passed this guy in a Honda...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by jackhart, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Dec 15, 2011 at 9:01 PM
    wmdpowell

wmdpowell Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Essex county NY
    Vehicle:
    23 trd OR DCSB 4x4 silver
    a cross on my rearview Circle mirror Scotch guard seats
    People are idiots.

I get people that pull out from side road, make me slow down then 9 out 10 times they slow down and turn a 1/4 mile later. Fools.

2. Dec 15, 2011 at 9:10 PM
    fireturk41

fireturk41 I like to break shit!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    280k miles
    SAS, Locked front rear, Ufab sliders and bumpers, air compressor, 35" BFG KM2 on steelies and 36" TSLs
    i got one story of a jack ass on the road id share, i usually dont wish ill on people, but this is one of those people i have before

first off ive seen this douchewad in a new red camaro several times in town haulin ass weaving in and out traffic ect... but one night we were enroute to a fire call running lights and siren on a 2 lane road with a center turn lane, a line of cars pulled over and this camaro was in the middle as soon as we started passing the first few cars the camaro pulls out infron of us making us slam on brakes and rides the turn lane in front of the line of traffic going under the limit and then proceeds to go right under the limit so we cant pass his dumb ass we ended up losing him at a red light

goes to show people are freakin jerk wads

3. Dec 16, 2011 at 7:49 AM
    precoma

precoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Lake Arrowhead, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 trd sport
    Total Chaos 3.5 Long travel, Defined SUA
    350 by socal super trucks

4. Dec 16, 2011 at 10:22 AM
    KenpachiZaraki

KenpachiZaraki Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex •﹏•
    Lubbock
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD. 325/275/365 SBD
    ALL POSER- Afe Pro Dry S drop in filter, 3" AP leaf pack, Eibach w/5100's up front, 5100's rear, Fog Light Mod, ABS off mod, Dash Light MOD, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Wicked Flow Bitches MAX Muffler, 4" floods, 20", 43" light bars, 265/75/16 Hankook Dynapro ATm, oil catch can, rear diff breather relocate, Custome Sliders, SOS concepts Front bumper, Demon Eye Mod, backlit TRD emblem on bumper, Morimoto D2S projectors,
    Hell yea easy! Especially from a dead start, our truck have pretty good take off, and I've beat other dewds that raced me :D it doesn't help I have a lead foot and wanna hear my WF exhaust and URD intake when I go get groceries and diapers :laugh:

5. Dec 16, 2011 at 11:15 AM
    JWC

JWC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC SB TRD Sport 4x4
    I'm in total agreement with everyone who is advocating coolness in these situations. Damaging your truck, or injuring yourself, the idiot, or some other innocent person is just not worth it. You've just got to tell yourself the other person is either A) a total idiot or B) unbalanced. Once you think about it that way you pretty quickly realize your life is probably a whole lot better than theirs and to get into it with them is like risking a dollar for a dime.

This did remind me of something that happened to me just a few days ago that demonstrated just how stupid some of these people are.

There is this interchange I travel though nearly everyday goign to and from work. It connects a two lane secondary road with a 4 lane divided highway. Anyway, when I'm going home the on ramp for the highway is kind of reversed. You turn left from a stoplight onto the on ramp and it makes a sharp U turn to the right to put you onto the highway. The on ramp never ends - there is another exit only about 1/4 mile down so it just exits there. I'm coming home the other day and there is a lady in a fairly new Hyundai Sonata right behind me as I turn left onto the on ramp. As I said the on ramp is a fairly sharp U to the right - so you can't really get up to highway speed (65 mph there) until you hit the straight part that puts you on the highway. I'm doing normal speed, just coming out of the U and accelerating and she shoots out of the on ramp to the left behind me and starts to pass me while I'm still in the on ramp lane. She cut through the painted off triangular section that is not really part of any lane. I'm like, whatever, figure she'll speed ahead of me - because she' obviously in a hurry - I'm not trying to accelerate at all - just letting her go by. She gets to the speed I'm travelling just as she pulls next to me - and then stops accelerating. I look over at her like WTF - seriously, I just looked at her with a half smile on my face - didn't yell or make any kind of gesture at all. She floors it, gets about a car length in front of me and then jerks the car into the lane right in front of me - AND GETS OFF AT THE NEXT EXIT WITH ABOUT 100ft TO SPARE. I'm like, really - you go through all that - endangering herself, me, our vehicles - so she could exit the highway 50 ft in front of me. Smiled all the way home pondering her stupidity.

6. Dec 16, 2011 at 12:11 PM
    JaSkynyrd

JaSkynyrd Ron F. Swanson

Member:
    Chattanooga, TN
    Vehicle:
    2001 XtraCab 4x4 V6 SR5
    Women drivers.

7. Dec 16, 2011 at 4:10 PM
    myname150

myname150 Well-Known Member

Member:
    couldn't you have gotten his/her plates and reported it to police?

an asshat driver shouldn't be impeding someone who needs emergency assistance :eek:

8. Dec 16, 2011 at 4:14 PM
    fireturk41

fireturk41 I like to break shit!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    280k miles
    SAS, Locked front rear, Ufab sliders and bumpers, air compressor, 35" BFG KM2 on steelies and 36" TSLs
    nah, because the police cant prove who the driver was and they have to "observe what happened" kinda like getting a dwi...which isnt even that bad in this state

9. Dec 16, 2011 at 9:04 PM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors

why, i dont get why? people like this infuriate me! i would pay money to be able to stop them and just talk to them and ask WTF they were thinking...the general public as a whole is just about the dumbest sentient being to ever exist.

10. Dec 16, 2011 at 9:06 PM
    myname150

Member:
    i guess it's time to keep a video camera on you :D.

11. Dec 16, 2011 at 9:39 PM
    Socalrunner

Socalrunner Toyota Its Like A Jeep Thing Only Better

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Glendora
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Offroad 4x4 DCSB
    Icon Coilovers
    This thread is awesome.
    Ususally I just give a hard brake check and they leave me alone. Dust light is for really stupid people and People usually think twice before brake checking me when my my truck will usually go on top of theres haha. I had a guy once get out of his car at a light because i honked at him for nearly hitting me when cutting me off. At this point i felt threatened. I almost floored it to smash his car because he was so pissed and I was kind of scared haha. My friend calmed me down and he cam up yelling at me and cursing. I just said the lights Fffing green move your car or i will for you!!!

12. Dec 16, 2011 at 9:42 PM
    myname150

Member:
    I remember reading online somewhere, it may have been here, this guy in a truck was getting tailgated by someone in a brand new bmw or something and he wouldn't get off his ass...so the guy in the truck knew there were some really bad pot holes coming up on the right, so at the last minute the guy in the truck corrects while the bmw probably would require some new suspension work. I thought this story was hilarious :D

13. Dec 17, 2011 at 8:53 AM
    precoma

precoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Lake Arrowhead, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 trd sport
    Total Chaos 3.5 Long travel, Defined SUA
    My uncle does this to little ricers at stop lights when he is in his dodge diesal he puts the exhaust right in there window turns the truck off pumps the gas a few times and starts it back up when the light is green it fills the whole car with black smoke lmao

Products Discussed in

To Top