Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Favorite Whiskey?

Old 12-16-2011, 09:48 AM   #21
jflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
Don't know much about Bourbon but recently "SecGuy" came up from Alabama to do a spot on the local sports radio show.
He likes Bourbon and they took him out to Clyde Common during his visit.
He's very hard to please and he was impressed with the Bourbon list :
http://www.clydecommon.com/menu-liquor/

I had no idea that Bourbon was done in so many small distilleries.
Spendy.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:48 AM   #22
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krap22 View Post
I'm not limiting it to American. I'm a fan of all kinds of whiskey. I'm just interested to see what else might be out ther.
the north carolina "moonshine" business has started booming in the past few years and there is some pretty good stuff that has come out. mixed with a cola of somekind is a pretty good drink. i would suggest "Catdaddy" "Junior Johnson's Midnight Moon" or "Troy and Sons". its not your backwoods burn your belly stuff, it's all about 80 proof and very smooth.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:49 AM   #23
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
Gee, I'd never think that, what with your avatar and all.

Old 12-16-2011, 09:49 AM   #24
BigFoot aka Sasquatch
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicNac22 View Post
if you want one you can drink straight up, go with the higher proofs, they are purified more, better taste,and hangover isnt bad like cheaper whiskeys with a lot of impurities in them

i should actually say distilled, not purified
I was thinking about picking some bookers. ~120 proof. But i'm not sure i want to pay $60 for a bottle with out trying it first.

http://www.smallbatch.com/bookers
Old 12-16-2011, 09:50 AM   #25
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
NicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nic
NicNac22's Tacoma Gallery
i dunno about the other 3 on that page, knob is good
Old 12-16-2011, 09:50 AM   #26
Bad decisions make great stories.
Lost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lost_Humanity's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I saw that at the store i thought about picking it up. Review look to be pretty good for it.
It's excellent.

It's the only whiskey I drink neat. Everything else is on the rocks (scotch on the other hand...)

I also make a fantastic Old Fashioned with it. Old Fashioneds are usually made with rye whiskey instead of Canadian whiskey, but I live how this one interacts with the simple syrup and orange.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:50 AM   #27
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm not limiting it to American. I'm a fan of all kinds of whiskey. I'm just interested to see what else might be out ther.

I would like one that i can drink straight up, but with a mixer isn't bad either.
Makers with a little ginger ale is nice. Ginger is a classic mixer. We call them highballs.

We've played around usign Bundaberg ginger beer (Australian). I bit sweet, but refreshing and fun on a hot summer evening on the patio.

So...single malts...anyone ever tried Lagavulin 16 (Islay). Definitely a rare treat.

Old 12-16-2011, 09:52 AM   #28
jflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
...mixed with a cola....
GTFO

Talkin' sippin' whiskey here, not crap that has to be mixed.

Old 12-16-2011, 09:54 AM   #29
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
NicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

not tryin to be mean, highball is the glass its in (the tall rocks glass, hence "high"ball, ball refers the ice since they used to be ball shaped)

i know more about alcohol than trucks
Old 12-16-2011, 09:54 AM   #30
BigFoot aka Sasquatch
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
Makers with a little ginger ale is nice. Ginger is a classic mixer. We call them highballs.

We've played around usign Bundaberg ginger beer (Australian). I bit sweet, but refreshing and fun on a hot summer evening on the patio.

So...single malts...anyone ever tried Lagavulin 16 (Islay). Definitely a rare treat.

The local distillery, Cedar Ridge, has a single malt coming out next year. I thought it was supposed to be this year. I can't wait.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:56 AM   #31
I'm a zit. Get it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflan View Post
GTFO

Talkin' sippin' whiskey here, not crap that has to be mixed.

. . . id say i prefer it out of a scotch class yes, but something about sitting around watching jeopardy on a tuesday with a stiff drink and no chaser seems a little too alcoholicy
Old 12-16-2011, 09:57 AM   #33
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F

Quote:
. . . id say i prefer it out of a scotch class yes, but something about sitting around watching jeopardy on a tuesday with a stiff drink and no chaser seems a little too alcoholicy
thats y u sip it, not drink, sip
Old 12-16-2011, 09:59 AM   #34
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
not tryin to be mean, highball is the glass its in (the tall rocks glass, hence "high"ball, ball refers the ice since they used to be ball shaped)

i know more about alcohol than trucks
Yes, I understand it is a glass type. In our family, the drink was called a highball. Why, I don't know. Like many names of things in the universe. I also have some Basque friends who had the same, and called it a Hibola.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:00 AM   #35
I'm a zit. Get it?

Quote:
but, but, that always leads to "hey, finish that in one swig" . . . and "time for another!" . . . .and "shots mother f*****!!!" . . . to . . . . . "what time is it? lets go get another!!" . . .. to ". . .aslfd;kjasdjkasldjlasdjlasjdflajsdfljsd"
Old 12-16-2011, 10:01 AM   #36

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Word.
The mixer people don't get that.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:01 AM   #37
Devious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: COL, USA (Ret.)
Name: Mark
Devious6's Tacoma Gallery
Woodford Reserve and Maker's Mark 46 are my favorites!
Old 12-16-2011, 10:01 AM   #38
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F

Quote:
but, but, that always leads to "hey, finish that in one swig" . . . and "time for another!" . . . .and "shots mother f*****!!!" . . . to . . . . . "what time is it? lets go get another!!" . . .. to ". . .aslfd;kjasdjkasldjlasdjlasjdflajsdfljsd"
juvie
Old 12-16-2011, 10:02 AM   #39
I'm a zit. Get it?

Quote:
juvie
woman

edit ?
Old 12-16-2011, 10:03 AM   #40
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F

ahh he said it, woodford it the name i was waitin on, i like that one