Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Favorite Whiskey?

Old 12-16-2011, 09:13 AM   #1
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Favorite Whiskey?

Post up your Favorite whiskey.

Right now my favorites are a couple of small batch made here in Iowa.

Old 12-16-2011, 09:18 AM   #2
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Where do you get your Temp? I wanna try that Cedar Ridge too.... I'm easy to please, fav whiskeys are Jack and Johnnie Black
Old 12-16-2011, 09:21 AM   #3
Hot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pat
Hot Tamale's Tacoma Gallery
I don't drink whiskey but my Dad swore by Jack Daniel's!
Old 12-16-2011, 09:21 AM   #4
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
Where do you get your Temp? I wanna try that Cedar Ridge too.... I'm easy to please, fav whiskeys are Jack and Johnnie Black
a guy at work came wednesday and said Dahls on ingersoll had 4 bottles. by the time i got there after work i got the last one. They quit doing it by list and it is now first come first serve.

The cedar ridge is amazingly smooth. Easy to drink on the rocks.

I can only do jack with coke. Not a big fan of Jack now that i found Cedar Ridge.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:32 AM   #5
Optimus2009 is a name known to allOptimus2009 is a name known to allOptimus2009 is a name known to allOptimus2009 is a name known to allOptimus2009 is a name known to allOptimus2009 is a name known to all

Army:
Optimus2009's Tacoma Gallery
Eagle Rare is my favorite right now. Not THE best bourbon I have ever had, but when the taste is combined with the reasonable cost it becomes very desirable for me. The place I used to get it from down in GA only carried one bottle at a time. Not as well known as it should be.

Old 12-16-2011, 09:37 AM   #6
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
NicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nic
NicNac22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus2009 View Post
Eagle Rare is my favorite right now. Not THE best bourbon I have ever had, but when the taste is combined with the reasonable cost it becomes very desirable for me. The place I used to get it from down in GA only carried one bottle at a time. Not as well known as it should be.

using a sniffer glass like that fill it half as much swish it before you sip, enhances the taste because you smell it too
Old 12-16-2011, 09:38 AM   #7
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Everyday house: Makers
Savoring: Woodfords Reserve and Basil Hayden

I guess by your first post you mean American?
Old 12-16-2011, 09:38 AM   #9
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicNac22 View Post
using a sniffer glass like that fill it half as much swish it before you sip, enhances the taste because you smell it too
we know how to drink whiskey you woman.

Old 12-16-2011, 09:39 AM   #10
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
NicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
we know how to drink whiskey you woman.

well apperently he dont since he did it wrong!
and since you wanna go there, Jameson is a blend
Old 12-16-2011, 09:40 AM   #11
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Or he found the picture on the internet.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:41 AM   #12
Tacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tacomada's Tacoma Gallery
Favorite at the moment is Century Reserve 15year plus. Taste is excellent for the price (and its canadian eh!).

As far as how to drink, good all by itself. If you want to mix, water is best.. especially for consuming larger amounts.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:42 AM   #13
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
and since you wanna go there, Jameson is a blend

back to topic. among my roommates we are a jim beam seven year gang. it's actually sad, we'll get a fifth on a regular week night and split it among the 4 of us just watching tv or something haha.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:42 AM   #14
Bad decisions make great stories.
Lost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lost_Humanity's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-16-2011, 09:42 AM   #15
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F

was just saying, wasnt trying to be mean, but thats how your supposed to drink top shelf whiskeys, bourbons and scotch
Old 12-16-2011, 09:44 AM   #16
I'm a zit. Get it?

Quote:
was just saying, wasnt trying to be mean, but thats how your supposed to drink top shelf whiskeys, bourbons and scotch
i know, i was just ragging on you.
and i wouldn't know about top shelf whiskey anyway lol.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:45 AM   #17
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
Everyday house: Makers
Savoring: Woodfords Reserve and Basil Hayden

I guess by your first post you mean American?
I'm not limiting it to American. I'm a fan of all kinds of whiskey. I'm just interested to see what else might be out ther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
Straight Jameson. Shot and a beer or a few ounces w/ ginger ale.

Will be looking into these suggestions, though...

How are ya'll drinking it, too? W/ a mixer or straight up?
I would like one that i can drink straight up, but with a mixer isn't bad either.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:46 AM   #18

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
i know, i was just ragging on you.
and i wouldn't know about top shelf whiskey anyway lol.
Gee, I'd never think that, what with your avatar and all.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:46 AM   #19
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_Humanity View Post
I saw that at the store i thought about picking it up. Review look to be pretty good for it.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:47 AM   #20
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F

Quote:
Originally Posted by krap22 View Post
I'm not limiting it to American. I'm a fan of all kinds of whiskey. I'm just interested to see what else might be out ther.

I would like one that i can drink straight up, but with a mixer isn't bad either.
if you want one you can drink straight up, go with the higher proofs, they are purified more, better taste,and hangover isnt bad like cheaper whiskeys with a lot of impurities in them

i should actually say distilled, not purified