Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Holy Shit My House!

Old 12-18-2011, 12:03 AM   #61
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
get mesh tape, and put it along the corner...

apply spackle/joint compound

sand/reapply if needed

prime

paint

Old 12-18-2011, 12:54 AM   #62
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-18-2011, 07:04 AM   #63
Quo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Paul
Quo Fan's Tacoma Gallery
Hire a company called Vibra-Tech (sister company I work for). They have an office in Florissant, MO, about 2 hours from you. They can do a study on the crack, and tell you if the crack is growing.

I shit you not. We really do this kind of stuff for a living. We have really cool and expensive equipment that can measure the movement of the crack over time.

Website
Old 12-18-2011, 09:34 AM   #65
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
I think it is not serious. It looks like the previous owner just patched it and painted over it. Now that winter is approaching something shrinked and the gap appeared. I would run a bead of caulk in there so it can absorb any future small movements and paint to match the surrounding area. Keep an eye on it though - if it gets significantly bigger and the opposite side of the room cracks also, then spend the money to have it looked at. For now I think it is just something that came with the change in temperature.
Disclaimer: this is just an opinion without having done a thorough investigation...bla bla bla not responsible for any damage bla bla bla.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:38 AM   #66
My wife is scheduleing an intervention as we speak
mbmchugh5 is a splendid one to beholdmbmchugh5 is a splendid one to beholdmbmchugh5 is a splendid one to beholdmbmchugh5 is a splendid one to beholdmbmchugh5 is a splendid one to beholdmbmchugh5 is a splendid one to beholdmbmchugh5 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Matt
mbmchugh5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy_283 View Post
sounds expensive
I bet it is. there have been a few people to give you good advice i would properly repair the crack and see if and when it returns. probably previous owner didnt wanna spend the time or $$ to fix it so they most liklely used a product like 1time that is made to fill nail holes etc not cracks my guess is it wont come back with a proper coat of joint compound and some tape dont use caulking it will fall out
Old 12-18-2011, 09:57 AM   #67
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
OP where are ya ? I have a question for you .
Quote:
Missouri
^^^ pretty sure that's the funniest thing ive ever read on this site. i quite literally lol'd. am tempting to sig.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:45 AM   #68
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
^^^ pretty sure that's the funniest thing ive ever read on this site. i quite literally lol'd. am tempting to sig.
same here lol
Old 12-18-2011, 12:25 PM   #69
Quo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Quo Fan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
sounds expensive
I have no idea what the cost of the crack study would be, as I don't deal in pricing.

The crack looks like an untaped joint. Just tape, mud and paint. This also is normal for untaped joints during the normal seasonal change.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:09 PM   #71
Air Force:
Quo Fan's Tacoma Gallery
Get the self adhesive mesh tape. Apply from the ceiling to floor and cover with a coat of mud, ensuring a relatively smooth coat. Apply 2nd coat of mud with a larger knife, again ensuring a relatively smooth coat. The smoother the coat, the less sanding you have to do. Sand smooth, any holes or high spots will be noticeable. Prime and paint to match.