Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

The "3-Tap" Pocket check

Old 02-15-2013, 09:51 PM   #81
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan DCFS View Post

Key chain: keys, 14ft 550 cord (I used to carry 10, but i used it once and wasn't enough), Fenix LD01, Gerber Dime.

3 tap... No 5 tap... goes for phone, wallet, knife, dip, flashlight.
You have all this dangling off your ignition when driving?
Old 02-16-2013, 01:08 AM   #82
New guy
Ryan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic/ff reserve
Name: Ryan
Ryan DCFS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Yup. Doesn't seem to be adding any extra stress to the cylinder/lock/ key. Have you ever heard of any issues of having random stuff on a keyring being a problem?
Old 02-16-2013, 01:51 AM   #83
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Quote:
Yup. Doesn't seem to be adding any extra stress to the cylinder/lock/ key. Have you ever heard of any issues of having random stuff on a keyring being a problem?
I have mine dangling as well. With no issues
Old 02-16-2013, 02:05 AM   #84
Clifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: bang bang
Name: Cliff
Clifford's Tacoma Gallery
In the states its, phone keys wallet. Here in Korea, its line badge wallet phone lol.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:11 AM   #85
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
blake5995's Tacoma Gallery
Always
Phone, keys, wallet, knife, and flashlight if one is missing i freak out
Old 02-16-2013, 10:03 AM   #86
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
^What's better, blowing a seal or blowing a tranny?

Quote:
No mechanical problems. However, anything dangling off the ignition jabs into my knee when I step on the brake pedal.

The owner's manual for my Subaru even has a caution against it, because you can inadvertently turn off the engine this way. Unlikely, but probably happened before for them to note it in the manual.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:17 PM   #87
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
Name: Tanner
takern's Tacoma Gallery
I have what I call the pre ignition checklist for when i get into a car. Wallet-Keys-Phone-Dip. Granted the whole "keys" step is redundant because I couldnt start the truck without em, but it just flows so much better and its become a habit so I can't change it now. I figure with those 4 things and whatever else random shit is in my truck i can get by just about anywhere.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:00 PM   #88
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Previous 3+ tapper here.

To much shit to carry around.

I now carry a Coleman backpack.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:51 PM   #90
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
Previous 3+ tapper here.

To much shit to carry around.

I now carry a Coleman backpack.
Everywhere you go?
Old 02-17-2013, 03:13 AM   #91
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJALLDAY702 View Post
Everywhere you go?
Yessir! Bought it to take on my trip to Rausch and really hasn't left my side since.

Residents of the backpack include such things as:

Wallet
Checkbook
Smokes/Lighter
2 Pens/1 Sharpie
Electrical Tape
Nail Clippers
Phone charger(s)
Flashlight
TacomaWorld cards.
Keys to mini lockbox and work toolbox
CB owners manual
Bolt size thing
Guide to my tube-gate brackets
Uhh......that too.

Keys will usually go in a pocket. I wish the backpack had plastic D-rings on the shoulder straps. Could probably buy some and make Rachael sew them on. No more keys in the pocket!

Yup, Rachael calls it my man purse.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:18 AM   #92
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11TRD View Post
Modified 4 tapper here:

Wallet, Keys, Phone, and Glock 23
this+ tin of copenhagen
Old 02-17-2013, 03:19 AM   #93
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
Yessir! Bought it to take on my trip to Rausch and really hasn't left my side since.

Residents of the backpack include such things as:

Wallet
Checkbook
Smokes/Lighter
Electrical Tape
Nail Clippers
Phone charger(s)
Flashlight
TacomaWorld cards.
Keys to mini lockbox and work toolbox
CB owners manual
Bolt size thing
Guide to my tube-gate brackets
Uhh......that too.

Keys will usually go in a pocket. I wish the backpack had plastic D-rings on the shoulder straps. Could probably buy some and make Rachael sew them on. No more keys in the pocket!

Yup, Rachael calls it my man purse.
They make plastic ones called grimm locks. Awesome for the price. Like these http://www.supplycaptain.com/index.c...g-set-of-5.cfm
Old 02-17-2013, 03:24 AM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.sight.picture View Post
They make plastic ones called grimm locks. Awesome for the price. Like these http://www.supplycaptain.com/index.c...g-set-of-5.cfm
Those are awesome.

If anyone wonders as well, I've not had any issues walking into stores or anything with the bag on. Store crime prevention is easy to catch onto, espeicially if their watching you and I've not been bugged at all.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:49 AM   #95
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
revival

1.Keys(on belt looP)
2.Wallet
3.Cell phone

Chapstick,gum in my backpack.

You are not alone.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:28 AM   #97
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
I do this as well
Old 09-05-2013, 08:22 AM   #98
City Slickin' Redneck, I wear a suit with a mullet
ChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ChiveOn's Tacoma Gallery
Phone, wallet, keys, and watch. I feel naked if I am missing anyone of these items.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:36 AM   #99
Interweb wheeler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.sight.picture View Post
I hate you for posting that link! I'm a nerd when it comes to tac gear and now I may as well declare bankruptcy! lol

As for me: wallet keys phone knife.
I have this pack as well: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_inf...oducts_id=2701

It's a smaller pack, but it's light weight and carries more than enough stuff for a day hike, or a quick BOB
Old 09-06-2013, 06:51 AM   #100
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Southern01Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I have a habit of doing the tap every time I stand up. I check for keys, wallet, cellphone, and knife.