LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Holidays / helping others

Old 11-21-2008, 03:00 PM   #1
rpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to behold

rpoint16's Tacoma Gallery
Holidays / helping others

We all know the economy is in the crapper. I'm sure everyone knows someone who has lost their job, took a paycut, or worse. Everyone is effected one way or the other.

Having said that, hopefully most of us still feel fortunate to survive, enjoy life, & spend time with family & friends. It's important for everyone to stick together.

Another sector that is hurting these days are homeless shelters & food banks. It seems when times get tough, these places are effected even more.
I'm sure even the smaller towns have shelters & food kitchens that would be grateful for a phone call to ask how can you help. It could be some old blankets/ clothes, new toys for kids, canned goods, or even cash.

For as much joy it brings to the people you help, it will bring you even more!
Old 11-21-2008, 06:22 PM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Amen!

Anytime I have clothes I wanna get rid of, I always take it to Good Will.

This year ..I'm donating a Turkey to The Mission. That's paticularly important - as it's a tribute to my father-in-law who passed away last fall. He donated Turkeys every year.

In the past, I've organized food donations myself through various clubs I'm in.

It is a lot of fun!

Get involved! Lots of Associations are in-need of volunteers to deliver food, sort/collect toys, etc.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:42 PM   #3
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Certain areas such as New York that is tied to the stock market is hurting, but I heard some good news today on the radio and I tracked down the report that they referenced.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/MELTDOWN_CHARITY?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEF AULT&CTIME=2008-11-21-09-14-56
In case you don't read it all, the report says that in hard times like this, in certain areas, it causes an abudance of giving.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:35 AM   #4
07wins is on a distinguished road
07wins's Tacoma Gallery
My family does alot of work at ST. Vincent DePaul in Phoenix. Thay always need volunteers. As little as 3 hours at a time will help.

Believe me, once you get there to help, you will not want to leave.

This thread needs a sticky on the main page.