Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Ask a Plumber.

Old 12-30-2011, 01:35 AM   #201
NBHNC
Rusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty
Rusty 06 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacundra View Post
Thanks guys

In FL, so typically PVC around here.

All pipes from incoming water line to final waste line.
if your in FLA i would go pex cut your cost by almost half and it is really easy to do
Old 12-30-2011, 02:16 PM   #202
NBHNC
Rusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
We talking sched 40 for supplies in the house ?
yes that is what he is talking about Im sure any thing less wouldnt pass inspection.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:23 PM   #203
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty 06 4x4 View Post
yes that is what he is talking about Im sure any thing less wouldnt pass inspection.
Class 200 is garbage, sched 40 is good.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:55 PM   #204
NBHNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
Class 200 is garbage, sched 40 is good.
AGreed
Old 12-30-2011, 03:19 PM   #205
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Seems goofy to me to try and run that stuff everywhere for supplies .

Just use pex .

We have to use sched 80 fittings on anything under slab , is this the same down south ?
Old 12-31-2011, 02:19 AM   #206
NBHNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Seems goofy to me to try and run that stuff everywhere for supplies .

Just use pex .

We have to use sched 80 fittings on anything under slab , is this the same down south ?
yep I agree with that for sure pex is easier and cheaper..
Old 01-17-2012, 09:23 AM   #207
SuperTacoma will become famous soon enoughSuperTacoma will become famous soon enough

Name: Clint
SuperTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Can you convert a home toilet to be like a rest stop toilet?
I mean no tank just the all in one valve setup. If so do you know it runs?
Thanks
Old 01-18-2012, 04:35 AM   #208
SuperTacoma will become famous soon enoughSuperTacoma will become famous soon enough

Tired of dealing

Tired of dealing with leaking tanks. I was just wondering if a direct flush or some other option was available. I have one toilet that I have used 2 kits on and it still leaks between the bowl and the tank.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:37 AM   #209
NBHNC

they sell one piece toilets can you post a pic of where its leaking maybe I can help you fix it for good. you tank could very well have a small crack too..
Old 01-18-2012, 04:39 AM   #210
NBHNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTacoma View Post
Thanks
you can you just have to buy the bowl which is about 80-100 and the flush valve which runs 100 and you would have to run a 3/4 water line to the toilet a regular residential toilet only has a 1/2 line but it is doable
Old 01-18-2012, 04:54 AM   #211
just sittin' in the corner, havin' a beer
eastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
eastcoastcowboy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks
You would be better off to buy a pressure assist toilet.
It gives you the performance of a flush valve toilet but no additional plumbing necessary. Chances are, you don't have the 1" water line coming in to your bathroom that is necessary to operate a toilet flush valve.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:37 AM   #212

no pics

Quote:
they sell one piece toilets can you post a pic of where its leaking maybe I can help you fix it for good. you tank could very well have a small crack too..
I don't have a picture but it seems to be around the where the flapper piece secures to the tank. I have tried tightening and I have tried two repair kits and they both leaked. If there is a crack I don't see it. I looking into replacing the tank but it looks like I would have to order it and could take a little while. I am going out to Lowes at lunch to take a look.
Thanks
Old 01-18-2012, 12:53 PM   #213
NBHNC

Quote:
I don't have a picture but it seems to be around the where the flapper piece secures to the tank. I have tried tightening and I have tried two repair kits and they both leaked. If there is a crack I don't see it. I looking into replacing the tank but it looks like I would have to order it and could take a little while. I am going out to Lowes at lunch to take a look.
Thanks
pm'd
Old 01-18-2012, 10:02 PM   #214
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
I got a question for ya!

So at my grandparents house, They have a basement and it has a spare room with a full bathroom in it, Mind you we have a water heater, Water softener and we run on a well, Not a main line like the city.

Anyways, The sink and shower seem to have really weird piping because the shower will get really clogged up and the sink will too, And as soon as i let some of that drano sit in either the shower or the sink they both end up unclogging?! and a week or two later it clogs right back up! Not sure what to do...Seems like if i turn the sink on while the shower is running then it doesn't clog up in the shower as fast and vice versa.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:38 AM   #215
NBHNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyComa92 View Post
I got a question for ya!

So at my grandparents house, They have a basement and it has a spare room with a full bathroom in it, Mind you we have a water heater, Water softener and we run on a well, Not a main line like the city.

Anyways, The sink and shower seem to have really weird piping because the shower will get really clogged up and the sink will too, And as soon as i let some of that drano sit in either the shower or the sink they both end up unclogging?! and a week or two later it clogs right back up! Not sure what to do...Seems like if i turn the sink on while the shower is running then it doesn't clog up in the shower as fast and vice versa.
do you know what kind of piping the drain work is.. the well water shouldn't have anything to do with the drains clogging up.. DO NOT use draino in the pipes as it is not good at all for them..if you get a chance to take a pic or two it may help me steer you in the right direction.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:39 PM   #216
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
What costs am I looking at to install a 20# 15GPM Grease trap? How do I know what size I need? Found a new trap for around $150

thanks
Old 02-28-2012, 05:05 AM   #217
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewartx View Post
Ask a plumber? Okay, I'll ask. Sewage pipe connecting the house to the city's collapsed and was replaced. Toilets never overflowed. However, there's now a strong odor of sewage in several (now closed off) back rooms inside the house.

The odor is barely detectable under the house, so that doesn't appear to be the source.

Any guess where this odor might be coming from and how to get rid of it? Is this a job for a pro, and, if so, which one (plumber, etc)?
recomend doing a leak test on your plumbing system....
check all your vents......
and it might be contaminated ground "earth" from the collapse
Old 02-28-2012, 08:28 AM   #218
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
What costs am I looking at to install a 20# 15GPM Grease trap? How do I know what size I need? Found a new trap for around $150

thanks
bump
Old 03-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #219
Geode is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeode is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeode is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeode is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeode is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeode is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeode is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeode is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeode is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeode is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Geode's Tacoma Gallery
Re: Water meter

I have a question, just thought of this thread....Nice!

Anyway, I have a 3/4" main line coming into my house. My water meter is a 5/8" unit. Each side of the meter is attached via a 1/2" npt fitting.

Seems this would reduce my flow some? I'm asking because I'll be re piping my entire house in the near future. Currently all my piping is 1/2" galvanized (hence the 1/2" off the meter).

And when someone flushes the toilet while in the shower, well you know how that goes.

I'm thinking the 1/2" fittings on my 5/8" meter should be changed to 3/4"?

Then I'll run a 3/4" main line inside with 1/2" drops to each fixture?

Thanks
Old 03-12-2012, 01:02 PM   #220
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geode View Post
I have a question, just thought of this thread....Nice!

Anyway, I have a 3/4" main line coming into my house. My water meter is a 5/8" unit. Each side of the meter is attached via a 1/2" npt fitting.

Seems this would reduce my flow some? I'm asking because I'll be re piping my entire house in the near future. Currently all my piping is 1/2" galvanized (hence the 1/2" off the meter).

And when someone flushes the toilet while in the shower, well you know how that goes.

I'm thinking the 1/2" fittings on my 5/8" meter should be changed to 3/4"?

Then I'll run a 3/4" main line inside with 1/2" drops to each fixture?

Thanks
So it is 1/2 inch on both the street side of the meter and on the house side? The thing I would look at is the angle stop valve on the street side of the meter, if that is 5/8, you are good, if not, maybe you can get the water folks to swap a 5/8 in there for you. Water districts usually don't like customers messing with their meters, so if the angle stop is 5/8, you could probably pull the meter on a Saturday morning and swap the fittings and no one should be the wiser. If you have the district swap them, they will charge you $$$$ to do it.