Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Ask a Plumber.

Old 12-27-2011, 06:14 PM   #21
NBHNC
Rusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty
Rusty 06 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
wow thats crazy.. we stopped using it in the mid 80's
Old 12-27-2011, 06:18 PM   #22
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty 06 4x4 View Post
wow thats crazy.. we stopped using it in the mid 80's
Huh

Why
Old 12-27-2011, 06:32 PM   #24
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty 06 4x4 View Post
12 weeks
I wonder who pays for that .

Lol
Old 12-27-2011, 07:01 PM   #26
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-27-2011, 07:09 PM   #29

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Answer my question about why you guys don't use ABS anymore
Old 12-27-2011, 07:25 PM   #31
I ski I work I'm rad
Steezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud of
Name: Spencer
Steezyskis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcqueen280 View Post
thoughts on tankless water heaters?
They work well in warm climates where the ground water temperature is warm. Cause they only have a 60-70 degree rise of heating water. But colder climates the water can be 36-34 going in. 34+60-70= 94-104. Not to hot for a shower. But you can cut the flow down thru the unit to heat the water a little more, but then water pressure is cut down. or bigger houses with the kitchen and 3-4 bathrooms they won't be able to keep up. you can put them
In series but that starts getting expensive.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:36 PM   #32
I ski I work I'm rad
Steezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud of
Yeah we use ABS and copper around here to. Curious why in the 80s they stopped ABS where you are? Old houses around have the galvanized. Sucks cause you have to take it all apart can't cut and sweat that shit. Newer houses are all copper and hardly to a few pex plastic lines.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:40 PM   #33
TOYWERX Grill Sergeant
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steezyskis View Post
Yeah we use ABS and copper around here to. Curious why in the 80s they stopped ABS where you are? Old houses around have the galvanized. Sucks cause you have to take it all apart can't cut and sweat that shit. Newer houses are all copper and hardly to a few pex plastic lines.
I replaced about 40 feet of old galvanized supply line with 3/4" copper in an old farm house. That shit was so gummed up with crap inside it was only about 1/4" diameter for the flow... that was a bitch of a job in a 3' high crawlspace...
This was back in my handyman days...
Old 12-27-2011, 07:46 PM   #34
I ski I work I'm rad
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcqueen280 View Post
more expensive than a tanked heater?
pretend i dont live in fla btw
Granted they only use power and gas when there's a call for hot water they still need electricity. Power gos out, no hot water. Regular gas tank WHs don't need electricity to have hot water all the time.

But since your in FL I'd say you'd be a prime candidate for one.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:50 PM   #35
moblarkus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoblarkus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoblarkus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoblarkus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoblarkus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoblarkus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoblarkus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoblarkus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoblarkus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoblarkus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoblarkus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
moblarkus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Answer my question about why you guys don't use ABS anymore
Isn't it a carcinogen?
Old 12-27-2011, 07:57 PM   #36
I ski I work I'm rad
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
I replaced about 40 feet of old galvanized supply line with 3/4" copper in an old farm house. That shit was so gummed up with crap inside it was only about 1/4" diameter for the flow... that was a bitch of a job in a 3' high crawlspace...
This was back in my handyman days...
Yeah galvey clogs up pretty bad over the years. I took apart this 3inch galvinized waste line that was 60+ years old and it was down to about an inch or less. Some of the crawl spaces around here are terrible. Least this one was poured slab and not dust. this was just about a week ago broken pipe under this old shitty cabin.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:03 PM   #37
TOYWERX Grill Sergeant
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steezyskis View Post
Yeah galvey clogs up pretty bad over the years. I took apart this 3inch galvinized waste line that was 60+ years old and it was down to about an inch or less. Some of the crawl spaces around here are terrible. Least this one was poured slab and not dust. this was just about a week ago broken pipe under this old shitty cabin.

I just experienced a flashback and full body shudder....
I'm sorry but I'm glad I don't do that anymore. I spent about 8 solid hours under that house...
Old 12-27-2011, 08:11 PM   #38
I ski I work I'm rad
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post

I just experienced a flashback and full body shudder....
I'm sorry but I'm glad I don't do that anymore. I spent about 8 solid hours under that house...
Yeah it's not to bad of a gig. My dad owns a small plumbing and heating business up here just me and him. But its nice everyone wants to be warm and take a hot shower. So I'm always busy which is nice. Year round work I can sure dig.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:20 PM   #39

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by moblarkus View Post
Isn't it a carcinogen?
So is fibreglass , we still use that ,.

Also , I'm not sure about your habits , but I usually don't drink from the waste pipe .
Old 12-27-2011, 08:23 PM   #40

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery

PS , you're about to get electrocuted