Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Ask a Plumber.

Old 05-08-2013, 04:26 PM   #521
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRFugitt View Post
Nah too ugly right now! I'm in Texarkana. Where's the DIY network's Bath Crashers when you need them?
Well then,you're going to have to bite the bullit and get someone to do the drain. It'll speed things up. And when in wall check thevalve if its a true shower valve or tub and sh valve with tub spout plugged.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:27 PM   #522
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Check your local paper for a one truck plumbing company. It'll save ya money. Or grab the phone book,and be ready to grab ya ankles
Old 05-08-2013, 05:52 PM   #523
JRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to behold
Army: DOD Civilian
Name: Justin
JRFugitt's Tacoma Gallery
Give me some price estimates I should be looking for to remove the poured pan and cut the slab to relocate the drain. I can do the rest.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #524
dont tread on me!

If the trap is right at drain opening ,you can just reroute riser over for tub,if trap is deep enough.2-1 1/2" 90s and some pipe. Should only take a few hours to move drain.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:10 AM   #526
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
I have a plumbing question if this thread is still existent.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:13 AM   #527
MichelinMan
teamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

teamhypoxia's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
I have a plumbing question if this thread is still existent.

That's the best answer I could come up with with the information that was given.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:16 AM   #528
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamhypoxia View Post

That's the best answer I could come up with with the information that was given.
Haha well I don't see how that's the answer, but ill share my situation in a minute. Photos are being sent to live

Edit:

Ok I can't post the pics on here with my phone, so here's the link to the first picture on Tw live. The next post down should be my second picture and the situation I'm hoping to resolve.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...ml#post7142529
Old 07-10-2013, 09:10 AM   #529
MichelinMan
teamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Wow. That's quite the conglomeration of fittings you have there.

Most of that is not legal under any code I'm familiar with.

The black pipe you want to drain into is too high to serve as a drain, but then again so is the pipe it's presently draining into.

Basically, your building drain is too high to allow anything in the basement to be gravity drained into it. A legal installation would consist of an ejector pit with it's discharge pumped up into the building drain.

That being said, if you want to drain your washer into the black pipe you should know that....

A. The pipe is too small (it needs to be 2")
B. The pipe is too high (your washer has to pump the water all the way up there and you'll likely have soaking wet loads of laundry as if the spin cycle never happened)
C. A washing machine should really have about a 24" stand pipe above its p-trap because of the suds. This would make your discharge point even higher.

In a nutshell, what I'm trying to say is that you've got quite the plumbing abortion going on here and a licensed plumber would have to reconfigure everything and charge you a lot of money to fix it.
If it's working as it is now, you are not going to improve the situation by doing what you want to.

I'm sure this isn't the kind of thing you wanted to hear, but it's the truth.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:39 PM   #530

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

The black pipe you want to drain into is too high to serve as a drain, but then again so is the pipe it's presently draining into.

Basically, your building drain is too high to allow anything in the basement to be gravity drained into it. A legal installation would consist of an ejector pit with it's discharge pumped up into the building drain.

That being said, if you want to drain your washer into the black pipe you should know that....

B. The pipe is too high (your washer has to pump the water all the way up there and you'll likely have soaking wet loads of laundry as if the spin cycle never happened)
C. A washing machine should really have about a 24" stand pipe above its p-trap because of the suds. This would make your discharge point even higher.

In a nutshell, what I'm trying to say is that you've got quite the plumbing abortion going on here and a licensed plumber would have to reconfigure everything and charge you a lot of money to fix it.
If it's working as it is now, you are not going to improve the situation by doing what you want to.

oh its cool.. aparently according to all the local plumbers it costs $4000 to replace a water heater, so Im aware all plumbers hate working

my washer can pump to a maximum height of 96". I will be installing a pedestal under the washer, raising it an additional 14", making the point I'll be pumping too roughly around 5' above the bottom of the washer.

thanks for the help though... or whatever you want to call it...

Old 07-10-2013, 06:48 PM   #531
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

truth....
standpipe code here is min 18"

and he said the black drain is 2"
Old 01-18-2014, 05:12 PM   #532
NBHNC
Rusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty
Rusty 06 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
nice to see fellow TW plumbers helping with this!
Old 01-25-2014, 11:46 AM   #533
Vann is on a distinguished road
Marines: 0311
Name: Garth
Vann's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
Haha well I don't see how that's the answer, but ill share my situation in a minute. Photos are being sent to live

Edit:

Ok I can't post the pics on here with my phone, so here's the link to the first picture on Tw live. The next post down should be my second picture and the situation I'm hoping to resolve.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...ml#post7142529

IMHO moving the washer to the 1st floor with a proper standpipe (2") tied in before the house trap might be the simplest solution.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:48 PM   #534
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know where to find those push-button hose spigots that you see at a beach or public park?

Trying to get the water turned back on at our local dog park (85+ and no water available due to vandals turning it on and flooding it at night) but the parks and rec manager won't budge. If we can take a solution and possible donations from us that use it regularly, we are hoping the guy will reconsider.
Old 07-03-2014, 04:22 PM   #535
dont tread on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredofshaw View Post
Anyone know where to find those push-button hose spigots that you see at a beach or public park?

Trying to get the water turned back on at our local dog park (85+ and no water available due to vandals turning it on and flooding it at night) but the parks and rec manager won't budge. If we can take a solution and possible donations from us that use it regularly, we are hoping the guy will reconsider.
http://www.plumbingsupply.com/chicag...ngfaucets.html
Old 07-04-2014, 01:03 PM   #536
MichelinMan

This is what we have in parks around our neighborhood...
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ultra-Pla...-499/202837356
Old 07-28-2014, 09:24 AM   #537
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
just what i need!

just bought a house and there is no cold water from any of the faucets. their is hot water but when trying to get cold water it comes out warm, not hot. only single lever faucets in the house are the kitchen sink, and 2 showers... from a quick google search seems like one of these may be the culprit.

any insight? thanks in advance
Old 07-28-2014, 09:26 AM   #538
User Friendly
scottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottalot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
just what i need!

just bought a house and there is no cold water from any of the faucets. their is hot water but when trying to get cold water it comes out warm, not hot. only single lever faucets in the house are the kitchen sink, and 2 showers... from a quick google search seems like one of these may be the culprit.

any insight? thanks in advance
Have you let the cold water side run for a bit, may just be hot from location of the lines. I.E. some h20 lines go through the attic and the water that first comes out is as hot as the hot water side. Mine are this way and I can't tell you how many times I have turned on the shower, felt hot water after a minute, jumped in, and got blasted with cold a few minutes later.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:30 AM   #539
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottalot View Post
Have you let the cold water side run for a bit, may just be hot from location of the lines. I.E. some h20 lines go through the attic and the water that first comes out is as hot as the hot water side. Mine are this way and I can't tell you how many times I have turned on the shower, felt hot water after a minute, jumped in, and got blasted with cold a few minutes later.
yeah. between my wife and i we've showered 3-4 times... no go
Old 07-28-2014, 10:28 AM   #540
User Friendly
scottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottalot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
yeah. between my wife and i we've showered 3-4 times... no go
well dang. Can't help ya then. I only know/do basic plumbing work at my own house. that's an odd problem to have. Obviously cold water is making it to your water heater, so that's strange that it doesn't come out the tap. Do you have hot water filling the tank on your toilets also?