1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Women are Mental

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by poundin tacos, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Oct 11, 2012 at 6:41 PM
    ABA180

ABA180 It burns when I pee....

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab Slider
    Pioneer CD, Megaloud/JBL amps, Rockford/Polk speakers.
    Everyone is different, but here's my experience:

I was 21, she was 17. She was immature for 17, very needy etc. After 6 years we were talking about moving south together with her mom. I decided to think about if she's the one before I move 1500 miles from everything I've ever known..and said nope, she's 23 now and hasn't matured a bit. In fairness I was still wild too. She said after I dropped her that she wanted to get married and have kids someday and didn't ever see me doing that.

After some time I straightened out and met my wife when was 29..she was 41. No kids for either of us and never was a big deal if we had them. I unofficially moved in after about 2 months..officially after 4 months. Within 1.5 years we had bought a house and got engaged, got married a year later. 7.5 years so far.

Point is, there's no blueprint for everyone. What you have to decide is what you want..EVENTUALLY. Doesn't have to be right now. I'm guessing on this but perhaps the quote about 20% is a problem because she would like to get married someday. That said in my case I was no way ready to be married when I was that age, but my best friend got married at 22 and is still very much in love with his wife.

I'll echo a previous statement..don't discuss this when alcohol is a factor. That probably didn't help in the first example here...many a yelling match which was unproductive and hurtful.

In my case, I have more freedom than some of my friends who are just dating. I go to a lot of concerts, mostly without her because we don't have tons of common ground in music. She gets her nights out with the girls too with my blessing..I get to play Tues night dart league with the guys.

I will say that in my personal experience putting deadlines or ultimatums on the ring and date usually haven't gone well.

Oh yeah..I bought my wife's ring from a friend who had gotten divorced, had the stone reset and all in all spent $500..less than $200 for both our rings. We got married in Vegas at Circus Circus for about $1000..and wouldn't do it any other way.

Sidebar..I ran into the ex about 5 yrs later, and talk about dodging a bullet. In that 5 yrs I had bought a house, got married, had a good job and nice car. She still lived with Mommy and had the same job she hated.

Products Discussed in

To Top