Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Truck Ransacked While in Walgreens (Waldorf, MD)

Old 11-25-2008, 09:47 AM   #1
"Mark It Zero"
Agent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 0261
Agent475's Tacoma Gallery
Truck Ransacked While in Walgreens (Waldorf, MD)

Last night, around 2130, I stopped into the Walgreens located just off St. Charles Parkway in Waldorf, MD to pick up a few items. I was in the store for no longer than 15 minutes...

I returned to my truck to find paper, sunglasses, and my registration card holder (among other things) strung throughout my vehicle.

Suspicious and on alert now, I looked around to be sure that I would not get jumped before I began the assessment on what was taken.

Despite two pairs of Oakley sunglasses in the vehicle (Valued at approx. $400 total), the thief ransacked my truck for only a sock full of $7-8 worth of pennies/dimes/nickels.

After I put the remaining items back in their respective storage places, I waited in the parking lot try to observe anyone suspicious - particularly to see if anyone went in to pay with large sums of change. I was unable to observe any possible criminal.

That said, this is a reminder that times are tough for people... The person must have watched and waited to make a clean get away.

While it was my fault for not double checking that my truck was locked - it is noted that petty theft is on the rise in Waldorf.

I did not contact the police because it was petty theft... and because it was essentially my fault for leaving it unlocked - but I assure you that I will be better prepared next time. I only hope that I will catch someone breaking into my vehicle now - because the next time around, my gloves are coming off.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:50 AM   #2
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
that suck man!!! I would be soo pissed!!

Thx for the reminder to double check the locks!!
Old 11-25-2008, 09:50 AM   #3
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Man that sucks. The guy was an idiot for missing the sunglasses, but thats probably not what he was after anyway. Probably some local crackhead. Man is he lucky you didn't come out and find him inside your truck. I imagine it would not have been a pretty sight.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:59 AM   #4
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Sorry to hear that. Was there any damage to the vehicle?
Old 11-25-2008, 10:04 AM   #6
jrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Aircraft Maintenance
Name: John
jrw1965's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, I live right behind there and go to that walgreens at least 3 times a week. Always leave my truck unlocked, wont happen again.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:08 AM   #7
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I'd feel so violated.

I live in New Orleans though...I worry about people robbing the truck while I'm in it. My doors are always locked whether I'm parked or driving.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:09 AM   #8
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
I lock my Tacoma all the time except when I'm at work. I would hope that nobody on the Air Guard Base would steal from me!
Old 11-25-2008, 10:14 AM   #9
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
F-ckoffs!!!!
Old 11-25-2008, 10:14 AM   #10
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
That sucks dude. A few months ago someone hit my other car. Took my stereo, radar detector, CD's and some other misc stuff. My dumb ass left the doors unlocked.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:43 AM   #11
"Mark It Zero"
Agent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrw1965 View Post
Damn, I live right behind there and go to that walgreens at least 3 times a week. Always leave my truck unlocked, wont happen again.
Yea man... be careful out there... Check out this thread too, you may want to go: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...round-2-a.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Red Taco View Post
He just needed enough to get another score. Oakleys wouldn't help him with that.
If he sold 'em on eBay it would have...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
Sorry to hear that. Was there any damage to the vehicle?
Nope - none...

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
Man that sucks. The guy was an idiot for missing the sunglasses, but thats probably not what he was after anyway. Probably some local crackhead. Man is he lucky you didn't come out and find him inside your truck. I imagine it would not have been a pretty sight.
Yea he was....

Good thing is that I didn't lose a window out of the whole deal... Whew!
Old 11-25-2008, 12:04 PM   #13
"Mark It Zero"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Red Taco View Post
I doubt he/she had a computer or even knew how to use one, yes if they were smart they could have sold the glasses but I don't think they were. still sucks though

True...
Old 11-25-2008, 12:16 PM   #14
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Kilo Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marines 1st Marine Division
kilo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by missileman125fw View Post
I lock my Tacoma all the time except when I'm at work. I would hope that nobody on the Air Guard Base would steal from me!
My brother is stationed at Tinker AF base and had 4 chain saws and a cooller full of beer stolen out of the bed!!! He asked if they could look at the video for that parking area and they told him that they had not turned the cameras on. They had not done so in a long time due to cut backs they had no one to keep up with them.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:26 PM   #15
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
^^ Sounds like an inside job
Old 11-25-2008, 12:36 PM   #16
Walt Corbin will become famous soon enough
Walt Corbin's Tacoma Gallery
When I was in college my friend lived in the ghetto area of downtown. The area where the really broke college students lived..... and the crackheads. It got so bad that everyone would leave there windows rolled down, the doors unlocked and the ash tray (a.k.a. change holder) open so the fricken crackheads would quit breaking all the car windows.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:54 PM   #18
Uncivilized Creations Prez
PrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Redz
PrezidentRedz's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to PrezidentRedz
Damm Bro, sorry to hear.
Im going to install this on my truck!
demo of car with flamethrower protection
Old 11-25-2008, 03:51 PM   #19
Hot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pat
Hot Tamale's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear about this. Thanks for the reminder to always lock up. You're right, these are desperate times for people and we shouldn't assume anything's safe. On the positive side, at least you weren't jumped and robbed at gunpoint or something. Items can be replaced, but not people.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:31 PM   #20
"Mark It Zero"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Sorry to hear about this. Thanks for the reminder to always lock up. You're right, these are desperate times for people and we shouldn't assume anything's safe. On the positive side, at least you weren't jumped and robbed at gunpoint or something. Items can be replaced, but not people.

Very true... I am thankful for sure