1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

States to begin drug testing for welfare recipients.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Warhorseforever, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Jan 5, 2012 at 1:10 PM
    gooch14

gooch14 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Michigan
    Vehicle:
    2011 Blk DC Taco SR5 4x LB
    Bestop, Child Seats, petrified french fry, dog hair, empty Mtn Dew cans cracked windshield, scratches.

I agree with Oz that not everyone on the system is a mooch, but they should still be clean.

I was on assistance when I was a 19 year old dad with a wife in college and a son in diapers. I worked 2-3 jobs didn't do drugs or drink beer and ate hotdogs and only what I could afford. They only offered me something like $23/month because I made so much money ($7/hr, 40hrs/wk)

Was on that till I got a real job. I used it how it was supposed to be used, and have more than paid for what I took.

2. Jan 5, 2012 at 1:10 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Unsubbed

3. Jan 5, 2012 at 1:11 PM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner Double Cab TRD Sport
    ... it would be a start ;)

4. Jan 5, 2012 at 1:11 PM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    I hope it comes to NY

5. Jan 5, 2012 at 1:12 PM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    Ive often thought that to. I saw city employees picking up trash along the highway today.. I thought to myself, that should be prisoners out there doing that! I guess the welfare class would work too. Anyone on welfare is now a "state/federal" employee but they dont get paid like the actual state/federal workers do, they are just allowed to keep getting their welfare checks as long as they are showing up doing the work assigned to them.

6. Jan 5, 2012 at 1:13 PM
    gooch14

gooch14 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Michigan
    Vehicle:
    2011 Blk DC Taco SR5 4x LB
    Bestop, Child Seats, petrified french fry, dog hair, empty Mtn Dew cans cracked windshield, scratches.

They vote. They vote for more beneis just as the uber rich vote for more tax cuts and loop holes.

7. Jan 5, 2012 at 1:14 PM
    4x4jeep

4x4jeep Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Destin FL.
    Exactly. I have no problem helping people out who need it and deserve it. (Trying hard and not just sitting back watching their plasma tv that the gov paid for.)

8. Jan 5, 2012 at 1:15 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    Pretty much my exact thought. The drugs that are really bad, cocaine, meth, etc, can be out of your system in less than a week depending on use. Pot stays in your system the longest and is the least of our concerns. It doesn't take much to fake a pee test, hell you can go to any head shop and pick up a bottle of synthetic urine that will pass any pee test, 35$. It will cost more money trying to drug test them then what it's worth.

9. Jan 5, 2012 at 1:15 PM
    BattleStatic

BattleStatic Gluten Free

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Goodyear
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD O.R. 4x4
    OME 885's w/Nitro Chargers and Dakar rear leafs ATX AX199 Mohave I I (0 offset, 4.5" bs) BFG KM2 285 75 16 Avid Sliders w/ kickoffs Pelfreybilt rack w/ Tepui RTT Katzkin front and rear Sunroof
    Here in AZ we brought back the chain gangs for prisoners and they don't earn squat. Seems only fitting that someone asking for a handout from the govt who has no job, no education, some type of clouded history, or drug use, should be providing some type of service to their community for the welfare.

10. Jan 5, 2012 at 1:17 PM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner Double Cab TRD Sport
    ... didn't mean to, but i can see how it came off that way...

...i would say that there has to be some kind of accountability, ...and it should not be permissable for "otherwise" able-bodied folk to mooch off the system inevitably - exceptions might be the severely disabled or mentally disabled, etc..

... the pitfall of "generational" welfare, and the fleecing/plunder of the system by many who just keep popping out children in squalor should be addressed - force them to give up your reproductive capability!

11. Jan 5, 2012 at 1:18 PM
    BattleStatic

BattleStatic Gluten Free

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Goodyear
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD O.R. 4x4
    OME 885's w/Nitro Chargers and Dakar rear leafs ATX AX199 Mohave I I (0 offset, 4.5" bs) BFG KM2 285 75 16 Avid Sliders w/ kickoffs Pelfreybilt rack w/ Tepui RTT Katzkin front and rear Sunroof
    Sterilization?

12. Jan 5, 2012 at 1:24 PM
    DanglingFury

DanglingFury Creeper

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Bowling Green, KY/Lake Cumberland, KY
    Vehicle:
    2006 4Runner 4x4
    Daystar 2.5"/1" lift-level BFGoodrich KO2's
    I'd like to think that because some of these people on welfare aren't gonna show up for/pass drug tests, that would make up for having to pay people to administer these tests. And if it simply causes these people to stop using drugs (doubt that it will) then that's good, too. :notsure:

13. Jan 5, 2012 at 1:25 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    Problem is its only 35$ to pass a piss test and get your money for the month or however long between drug tests. They'll keep showing up for free money. He'll someone wants to pay me monthly not to smoke weed I'd be all over it.

14. Jan 5, 2012 at 1:26 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    I honestly believe the welfare system needs some major help. The drug testing idea is nice in theory but, as I stated before, I don't think it will work. To really weed out which people truely need the aid and which people are just 'living off the system' because they can and are too lazy to do anything about it would take a huge amount of labor and again would be very inefficient and bias. I don't know what the solution is but I don't think drug testing will do a lot to clean up the system.

15. Jan 5, 2012 at 1:29 PM
    BattleStatic

BattleStatic Gluten Free

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Goodyear
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD O.R. 4x4
    But if it's completely random and they are not given any notice, it might just work. I mean if they have to go down and buy clean piss every time they get called into the welfare office it might deter them from doing it..... might. But probably not.

Or...... They could just pop into your residence randomly, it's pretty easy to show up with a cup and say pee in it. Another idea.

16. Jan 5, 2012 at 1:31 PM
    river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    Free food and house, just be true to the master vote for him 2or3 times:cool: Jim

17. Jan 5, 2012 at 1:36 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    You keep it stored in your house or fridge.. Takes 30 seconds to heat up in a microwave and comes with a heating pack that keeps it at 100 degrees for about 6 hours. You can store it for years, doesn't expire and works for men or women.

I have friends who are on Task for drug dealing/using, and they use these things ALL the time, never fails. Unless your pulling blood, drug testing is worthless to someone who doesn't want to get caught.

If they come to your house, sure your screwed, but there is no way they will do door to door for everyone.

18. Jan 5, 2012 at 1:40 PM
    BattleStatic

BattleStatic Gluten Free

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Goodyear
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD O.R. 4x4
    Yeah I had buddies like that as well. Blood is the best way, or hair follicle, but super expensive.

19. Jan 5, 2012 at 1:43 PM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    my buddy that has a rent house found pee in the freezer once the renters packed up and left one night

20. Jan 5, 2012 at 1:44 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This & I'll ask where does this end ? With just welfare ?? I doubt it

Alot of legislation starts out as sound, principaled logic, then it goes thru the "take this out & put this in" process before it gets voted into law.

The final product is usually a watered down version with a shit load of windows of opportunity for added legislation, today its welfare, tomorrow it may be SSI recipients & before you dismiss this as nonsense remember, no matter the source of income within the infrastructure its ALL tax dollars
    & the "powers that be" that decide who gets what from where just may decide that those on unemployment should also be required to drug screen , ya'll see where this is going ??

Products Discussed in

To Top