Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Laughed walking out of stealership

Old 01-07-2012, 11:59 AM   #1
r00t
SubFrozen is a splendid one to beholdSubFrozen is a splendid one to beholdSubFrozen is a splendid one to beholdSubFrozen is a splendid one to beholdSubFrozen is a splendid one to beholdSubFrozen is a splendid one to beholdSubFrozen is a splendid one to behold

Army: Prior Service
Name: William
SubFrozen's Tacoma Gallery
Laughed walking out of stealership

It's time for my oil change and rotation so I take my truck in to Karl Malone in Salt Lake City. They fail my inspection due to the tail lights not working, so I ask if they checked the fuse like I told them to. They didn't. I pop out the bad fuse, they get a good one in it and all works, so they passed the inspection. While it's being worked on the 2nd time, a salesman calls me from their office. I head over and meet with him. He has customers looking for a truck like mine and he wants to offer me a trade-in deal to put me in a 2010. I'm driving a 2007 Tacoma DC TRD OR with a 3" heavy duty OME lift, ARB front bumper, side rails, roof rack, 17" rims with beefy tires. I love my truck, but I go ahead and ask him what he has in mind. He pulls up a 2010 charcoal grey TRD Sport, stock with 20k miles, and proceeds to tell me there is no difference between the Sport and OR (hello, rear differential locking). He then pulls my credit, goes in back and comes out offering me, with 3k down, an almost 1,000.00/mo payment. I'm paying 574/mo now. Shocked, I ask what he's offering for my truck and he tells me 17k due to the high mileage (98k) and condition of the vehicle (missing fender flares due to ARB bumper and larger tires). So I get up to leave and he asks what it'll take. I look at him and tell him he is the one that wants to buy my truck, laugh at him that he's offering 17k trade-in, laugh some more and walk out.

Stealerships are awesome, aren't they?
Old 01-07-2012, 12:45 PM   #2
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
January is a slow sales month at the dealerships. I think this guy was just trying to justify his existence. Makes for a funny story though.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:28 PM   #3
Ch3cooh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCh3cooh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCh3cooh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCh3cooh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCh3cooh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCh3cooh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCh3cooh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCh3cooh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCh3cooh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCh3cooh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCh3cooh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Ch3cooh's Tacoma Gallery

This here Karl Malone here to talk about rippin yo off
Old 01-07-2012, 01:47 PM   #4
What do you mean I can't go up there...Watch this!
Jonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
Jonyd182's Tacoma Gallery
I'm surprised you let him run your credit without knowing how much they were going to give you for yours.

My modified 99 has little value to them but almost priceless to me.

But seriously. What a
Old 01-07-2012, 01:52 PM   #5
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
1000 a month? Thats insane.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:05 PM   #6
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonyd182 View Post
I'm surprised you let him run your credit without knowing how much they were going to give you for yours.

My modified 99 has little value to them but almost priceless to me.

But seriously. What a

did you know he was going to run your credit? I would of said no right there
Old 01-07-2012, 02:54 PM   #7
Ace of Spades
Alderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: OPSEC
Name: Nick
Alderleet's Tacoma Gallery
Most yota dealerships in Utah can suck a fat bag of cocks. Menlove, Tony Divino, and Karl Malone can go die
Old 01-07-2012, 03:05 PM   #8
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
wow thats outrageous.

people are so stupid.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:13 PM   #9
ski-doo ride the best screw the rest!
Murph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant future

Army: 19D
Murph's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alderleet View Post
Most yota dealerships in Utah can suck a fat bag of cocks. Menlove, Tony Divino, and Karl Malone can go die
Haha that is awesome! How do you really feel .
Old 01-07-2012, 03:17 PM   #10
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
And you didn't jump all over this amazing deal!?!?!

no really, wow that sales guy is starving to death right now if that's what he's throwing out there.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:18 PM   #11
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
He must have really been bored . Or maybe wanted to look at your credit .
Old 01-07-2012, 04:20 PM   #12
Ch3cooh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCh3cooh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCh3cooh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCh3cooh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCh3cooh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCh3cooh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCh3cooh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCh3cooh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCh3cooh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCh3cooh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCh3cooh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Ch3cooh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Whoa whoa whoa...MENLOVE?

E:
Old 01-07-2012, 04:49 PM   #14
boatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: boat coxswain,USS SIMON LAKE AS-33
Name: carl
boatswain's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post

no really, wow that sales guy is starving to death right now if that's what he's throwing out there.
don't feel alone: have a quote in front of me right now.
priced a new "10" reg cab. CASH-no trade. $20,965 list. they were willing to knock $284 off, and sell it for $20,681 + tax, doc. fee, and tags.
THAT'S ABOUT 1.35% OFF OF LIST
:censor ed: andouta there!
but don't worry, there's a sucker born every minute, and I'm sure they sold that truck-but not to me. that's a quote (in writing) from the toyota dealer right across from cabelas, in hamburg PA. amazing how bad the figures are when they don't have all the other stuff to manipulate. I'm sure they would rather finance than sell for cash. but than there's the other side-MY CASH IS GOOD ANYWHERE, and I did find someone that was willing to take it, and gave me a really good deal! "09" reg cab W/ 2,027 mi.- $16,000. guaranteed if a dealer would have had this it would have been $19,000 +. DEALER $0--ME ,+ $5,000 (app.)
Old 01-07-2012, 06:24 PM   #15
Glocking Tall
TS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police Officer
TS1980's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3cooh View Post

This here Karl Malone here to talk about rippin yo off

Hahahhahaha!!!
Old 01-07-2012, 06:34 PM   #16
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know what's more stupid, the salesman's bogus offer or you for letting him run your credit...
Old 01-07-2012, 06:35 PM   #17
TACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TACWUT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post

Thats y he's starving, no skills. Even an idiot wouldnt take that.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:47 PM   #18
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
$1,000 a month? WTF? That guy must never make any sales.

Who in there right mind would pay that a month for a used Tacoma? For that same 3k down and no trade you could buy a brand new $45kish truck of your choice and have payments less than 900 bucks lol.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:03 PM   #19
JasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
LOL the sales side of our Utah Toyota dealerships do suck.

Menlove was good to work with when buying my truck but now its Toyota Bountiful under new management. Service has sucked and they have fought me to warranty things Menlove agreed to warranty speaking specifically of my clear shield.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:36 AM   #20
r00t
SubFrozen is a splendid one to beholdSubFrozen is a splendid one to beholdSubFrozen is a splendid one to beholdSubFrozen is a splendid one to beholdSubFrozen is a splendid one to beholdSubFrozen is a splendid one to beholdSubFrozen is a splendid one to behold

Army: Prior Service
Name: William
SubFrozen's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a fan of Mark Miller Toyota. I'll take the truck to them from now on. They installed my OME 3" lift and pinpointed service quote errors from KM. For most work, I'll do it myself. It seems better that way, and cheaper. ;-)

When he said 17k for my truck (KBB 23k PP, 19K Trade) without the extras, I couldn't help but laugh.