Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

What tricks does your dog/pet know?

Old 01-07-2012, 01:44 PM   #1
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
What tricks does your dog/pet know?

OK, so in a perfect world I'd live on 40 acres in SD and me and my GSP would hunt 30 days a year. He'd be really well trained, too.

In reality, our Scottie likes our quarter-acre lot, and is a bunch of fun. I try to keep her well-behaved, she's been to puppy kindergarten, etc. She knows how to:

Sit
Stay
Heel
Down
Come
Spin

and she will leave a treat in front of her until we tell her it's OK to eat it. We can even put her into a "down" and put a treat on her paw and she'll leave it there until she gets the OK.

So, what are some great tricks your dog can do? I need some ideas for the next steps in her regimen.

Old 01-07-2012, 01:47 PM   #2
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
My nazi girlfriend has taught both my Lab and my GSP puppy to walk through the house to bed. Neither will run, or trot. They walk, slowly too. Its pretty impressive. They know the usual wait to eat and sit, down, stay, load up, unload and all that basic stuff. The GSP knows woah, and easy too for hunting. They both know "bird down" also.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:50 PM   #3
coloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
coloradotacoma's Tacoma Gallery
My male akita knows how to jump up on the bed and drool on your face to wake you up when he is ready to start the day. As well he can consume a 8 inch bully stick in about 3 minutes. Besides that pretty normal stuff: sit, stay, shake, crawl, down, go to your bed, give me a kiss, bark
Old 01-07-2012, 01:51 PM   #4
Taco Roja
Ohbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud of

Navy: 1987-1997
Name: Brian
Ohbrian's Tacoma Gallery
1. Pee
2. Poo
3. Eat
4. Sleep
5. Bark
Old 01-07-2012, 02:03 PM   #5
Resident Lurker
JEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JEP's Tacoma Gallery
Our Beagle/ Jack Russell mix can;
Sit
shake
speak
lay down
roll over
Up and around (stand on back legs and jumps-walks in a circle)
Beg (of course)
and she knows how to go to Bed, in her chair, and to sleep (her other bed)

She is very food motivated so it's easy to train her. Just wish the wife was as easy to train...
Old 01-07-2012, 10:32 PM   #6
Hayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brandon
Hayes's Tacoma Gallery
My dogs know how to sit using hand commands. I'm working on stay and lay down next. I will get both my dogs to behave using hand signals. Sit, lay, stay, roll, come. All the usual commands.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:15 AM   #7
exwrx is on a distinguished road
exwrx's Tacoma Gallery
4.5 year old golden retriever can sit, shake a paw, high 5(other hand), lay down, roll over, play dead when you shot him with your finger, and come back some times...
Old 01-08-2012, 09:18 AM   #8
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
Still working with my Australian Shep. mix. She knows sit, stay, lay down, crawl, shake, high five.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:22 AM   #9
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayes View Post
My dogs know how to sit using hand commands. I'm working on stay and lay down next. I will get both my dogs to behave using hand signals. Sit, lay, stay, roll, come. All the usual commands.
I use hand signals for some stuff too. Really helps her tell the difference between commands like sit, stand and spin and stay.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:36 AM   #10
Waikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Waikoloa Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
OK, I will buck the trend with our cat. We taught him to stand on his back legs to get treats. We let him outside but he does not run out, he has to jump on a kitty perch and wait to be picked up and taken out. When he is out he stays on the lanai (porch). He will "ride" on my shoulders as I walk aroound the house or garage and not jump down until I tell him to. And (maybe not a trick) he likes to ride in our DC Tacoma sitting on the seatbacks, both front and rear, to see out.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:05 AM   #11
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
My dogs do the standard plus a little more. My ridgeback is able to turn the lights off. count by barking,sing,( howl on demand) wake up the kids for school in the morn. Afew other things I wont share. Ridges are awesome dogs.
Attached Thumbnails
What tricks does your dog/pet know?-013.jpg  
Old 01-09-2012, 09:39 AM   #12
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
My lab knows the basics:
Sit, stay, lay down, beg
Then some fun ones:
Shake (knows shake left and shake right), roll over, bow and some other random ones like 'go to bed', 'off' to get off furniture, 'find it' if we hide his toys or treats and obviously knows retreival because he is a lab afterall.