Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Question about selling parts online???

Old 01-08-2012, 12:41 PM   #1
RacerP will become famous soon enough
RacerP's Tacoma Gallery
Question about selling parts online???

I have a part listed on another website and have been exchanging emails with this person who inquired...seems legit to this point.

I am not naive, maybe, a little, but, when someone offers you more money and will have "their" shipper come and pick it up? I get suspicious.

This is the last email:

"lt's good reading from you again, ill be needing it asap. l am at sea at the moment cause i am a marine engineer,though i might have called you but due to the nature of my work, phone calls making and visiting of websites are restricted but i squeezed out time to check this advert and send you an email regarding it. l would have given you a specific day that it will be picked up but i need to wait for you to confirm you have the payment before pick up. I'll be paying via a certified check, and it will get to you prior to the shipper's arrival for pick up & in order to make payment for your item please, get back to me with your Full mailing info & phone number Of which i am urging you to remove the ad from the site cos i cannot afford to miss it and am adding $40 for its removal. Looking forward to reading from you.
Regards."

Thoughts?
Old 01-08-2012, 12:42 PM   #2
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
SCAM

I get crap like this all the time on my CL email account. It's all a scam buddy. Only deal w/ local and TW.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:45 PM   #3
'merica
FreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: null
FreidTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I had the same thing, when i was trying to sell my car. "Hi thanks for reply, i am a marine engineer, i am at sea right now. I
am buying this for Son as a surprise gift. I can only pay through
PayPal at the moment as i don't have access to my bank account
online(i don't have internet banking with it), but i have it attached
to my PayPal account, and this is why i insisted on using PayPal to
pay,all i will need is your PayPal email address to make the payments,
and if you don't have a PayPal account yet, you can set one up at
www.paypal.com it cant take you less than 3mins to do that, i will be
expecting your Registered PayPal Name and Registered Email Address so
l can pay. I have a pick up agent that will come for the pick up
after payments has been sorted, and also do get back to me with your
best offer. l will be waiting for your reply asap"

It is a scam, do not sell to them.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:10 PM   #4
RacerP will become famous soon enough
RacerP's Tacoma Gallery
Do they EVER stop??

It's crazy, what they choose! I have 5 FS posts on CraigsList right now and they pick the strangest thing! To send crap email about! It's a racing kart stand!! For God's sake! How many people actually know what it is??

"Just read your post on clist and I'm hopping you'll agree to do a trade.
What difference is left there I want to pay it with cash, on your
terms, if you are interested.
Have a look at what I want to
trade:http://craigs-my-post-rv....
If you want to clarify any details, just reply with your answer and we
go from there."