Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

New Table Saw Idea

Old 11-26-2008, 03:36 PM   #1
Time to get dirty!
monoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dave
monoman's Tacoma Gallery
New Table Saw Idea

No more cut fingers! This is an incredible idea!

Don't worry, It's a little hard to watch, but there's no blood whatsoever.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHrmvQKevfI
Old 11-26-2008, 03:41 PM   #2
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
My company bought one of those for the local high school shop. Good PR. We call it the hot dog saw. It costs $75.00 to reset after is retracts, so they don't do a lot of demos.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:53 PM   #3
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
The daycare one of my kids went to years ago had an oscillating fan that would dead stop if touched. Technology for this has been around for a while. This guy put it to an excellent use.

Had a buddy loop his fingers over the edge of a piece of wood and run them through a table router bit. Made a pretty line of blood all the way around the room. He could have used this gadget for sure.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:57 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Thats a good idea! I know a few fingers that would like to have thier hand back.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:59 PM   #5
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
Ouch is right. He was actually mulatto (white mom black dad). He was whiter than I am when he walked up to me and said "I think I gotta go to the hospital now".
Old 11-26-2008, 04:01 PM   #6
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Meh, It doesnt hurt. I hacked off my pinky with a lawnmower blade (long story), and it was reattached without issue. Didnt hurt. Now the next day was a different story. And the day after that. Oh, and the next one, for a long time.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:05 PM   #7

Trace Adkins got his pinky on his left hand cut off working as a roughneck. The docs told them they could reattach it but it would be useless. So he told them to attach it bent so he could use it to finger the strings on a guitar. Check it out next time you see him on stage. Smart thinking.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:11 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
I can imagine. A few years ago I was drilling a 3/8's hole in some thin stainless and it caught and spun (I'ma dumbass and didn't have it clamped down).. ripped through my hand severing the nerves going to my index finger. I could see WAY inside my hand. I turned very pale as well. Even after microsurgery to reconnect the nerves I still don't have full feeling in that finger.
Making me cringe, buddy.
I didnt need any special surgery. I was useing a lawn mower blade to hold a spring under some tension (now accepting the dawin award for.......), when the spring over powered the blade, sending it into my left hand. Pinky wasnt fully severed as it was dangling from the skin that wasnt cut thru. Seeing all the blood, I knew it was serious, but for a split second, I couldnt figure out why it wasnt staying fully attached to the place it should have been. I was at my Parents house at the time, so I put the pinky where I thought it should go and went and started beating on the front door with my elbow. Upon opening the door, my Mom stood there staring at me for a few seconds. I said "I need to go to the Hospital.....this isnt a paper cut". Later, after I was recovering, she started laughing. I asked her what was so funny. She said that from all the blood, she knew I had to go to the hospital, she said she hesitated because she didnt think she could get me there fast enough, thinking I needed EMS transprot.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:20 PM   #9
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
"I need to go to the Hospital.....this isnt a paper cut"

...classic!
Old 11-26-2008, 04:31 PM   #10

Quote:
but at the time using that lawnmower blade was a perfectly good idea. I can't imagine looking and seeing my finger hanging by some skin.. ouch.
I dont know. Like I said, it doesnt hurt. I think you go into shock, or something that blocks the pain at the time. At the hospital, they shot me up with lots of stuff, So, I really didnt feel much pain until the next day, and a while after that as the bone healed.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:32 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
"I need to go to the Hospital.....this isnt a paper cut"

...classic!
LOL, well, she just stood there staring at me, like I was fakeing or something. I didnt think she was tuned to the gravity of the situation. I didnt know she was shocked at the sight of it, and the mess I made.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:35 PM   #12

Quote:
Did you regain feeling in it? My dad lopped off the tips of two of his fingers and he could use the finger nails as screwdrivers. No feeling in them.
I still have feeling in it. Seems to work fine. It tingled for a LONG time afterward. Kinda like it was asleep, or something.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:40 PM   #13

Quote:
but at the time using that lawnmower blade was a perfectly good idea. I can't imagine looking and seeing my finger hanging by some skin.. ouch.
I have been known, in the past mind you, to try things a little....differently.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:41 PM   #14
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
That is crazy.