LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Fire at Chris' family property. Let's pull through, TW!!

Old 01-10-2012, 08:42 AM   #1
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Fire at Chris' family property. Let's pull through, TW!!

Chris 4x4's family property caught fire and his brother and fiance had lost their home and vehicles. Their entire home is gone, there is nothing left. His job depended upon tools that were lost. Their photographs, clothes, EVERYTHING is gone. Their dog is at the vet with burns and is pulling though. The only insurance they had is on one of their vehicles.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/pra...rs-please.html

A lot of people here are coming through with clothes and offers to replace appliances and the necessities. So far his brother Jason is okay with clothes now, through the generosity of those here. We've even had an offer of sending dog food for poor Fred!

But I was thinking....packing and sending things can be costly, and currently Jason and Michelle are in a shelter that has no where to keep these wonderful gifts.

How about gift cards? There's a WalMart and a Safeway near them and I'm sure that they can find what they need most right now at either one of those places. All it costs to send a gift card is the price of a regular stamp. They aren't bulky, they don't have to worry about storage of them and they can buy things as they need them. What do you all think?

I'm sure if we all send a little bit, even if it's a five dollar gift card, it will add up!

Let's help out Chris and his brother. He's given so much to us here....and he is not the type to ask. It would be less stress knowing that you have something to pull you through for now.

If you can't help financially, words or support do wonders and I'm sure that is helping the human spirit. And that is really important too.

If you are able to help with a gift card..........I bet if you PM Chris he may be able to give an address to send it to? EDIT: Please PM me for address. Out of respect for the person who is offering their mailbox, I will send it through PM. Thanks for understanding.

Thanks for taking the time to consider this, everyone. We are family here and whether it be financial or emotional, we always come through for each other.

Edit: For those of you who want to order and send a gift card online, you can do so here:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Wal-Mart-Gift-Card/1874990

Thank you again, everyone!! You are making a big difference in a couple's lives.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:43 AM   #2
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Subb'd...will talk to Chris personally this evening.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:46 AM   #3
NBHNC
Rusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty
Rusty 06 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
yep i like your better.. And did my donation through chris about 1 hour ago
Old 01-10-2012, 08:51 AM   #4
The Ayatollah of Asshollah
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe a list of things that are needed, I agree with you Babytruck, gift cards will probably be the most useful
Old 01-10-2012, 08:52 AM   #5
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

They need everything. They have nothing.

That's why I suggested WalMart and Safeway. They can buy food and the basics as they need them. They have no where to store items that are sent to them. They are homeless.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:54 AM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
I plan on sending some Home Depot gift cards so this god-like dog Fred will have a lifetime supply of 5 gallon paint buckets.

I also intend to teach my dogs to play with a 5 gallon paint bucket, whether they enjoy it or not.

Chris is such a good friend of many of us here that its the least we can do.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:59 AM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
I plan on sending some Home Depot gift cards so this god-like dog Fred will have a lifetime supply of 5 gallon paint buckets.

I also intend to teach my dogs to play with a 5 gallon paint bucket, whether they enjoy it or not.

Chris is such a good friend of many of us here that its the least we can do.
LOL!! As much as this is appriciated, There is no home depot by him. And the Walmart near him doesnt sell the buckets empty.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:01 AM   #9
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
I am wondering why the home owners insurance would not cover the immediate needs hotel, food, ect?That is what insurance is for right. If your going to do this I think there should be a paypal account that would be easir to use instead of giftcards.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:01 AM   #10

Okay here's a hint on the buckets.

If the Safeway or WalMart have an in store bakery, the frosting comes in those huge white buckets (5 gallon) and they throw them out daily. Just go and ask them for a few and they will be more than happy to give them to you.

That's how I got the water buckets that I use for my dogs.

Just make sure you wash them really good. Chocolate is poison to dogs.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:01 AM   #11
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd for when I get my paycheck.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:01 AM   #12
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
LOL!! As much as this is appriciated, There is no home depot by him. And the Walmart near him doesnt sell the buckets empty.
Alright well then PetSmart gift card will have to do
Old 01-10-2012, 09:03 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazylegs View Post
I am wondering why the home owners insurance would not cover the immediate needs hotel, food, ect?That is what insurance is for right. If your going to do this I think there should be a paypal account that would be easir to use instead of giftcards.

The only insurance was on one of the vehicles. Red Cross is helping out the best they can. They are in a shelter right now. Paypal is a good idea, it's just that I don't think Jason would have access to it right now because he has NOTHING. No computer, nothing. A gift card might be easier for him to use in store right now.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:03 AM   #14
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Posted this thread up on the Cajun Yotas page. Hopefully we can collect some things and send it up in a big care package. Maybe even throw in a King Cake or 2!

Thanks babytruck for setting this up
Old 01-10-2012, 09:08 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
Posted this thread up on the Cajun Yotas page. Hopefully we can collect some things and send it up in a big care package. Maybe even throw in a King Cake or 2!

Thanks babytruck for setting this up

No need to thank me, it's just all of us here at TW helping out Chris' family.

But seriously, they have no means to carry or store items sent. But gift cards fit in an envelope or purse! If she still has a purse....
Old 01-10-2012, 09:10 AM   #16
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
Okay here's a hint on the buckets.

If the Safeway or WalMart have an in store bakery, the frosting comes in those huge white buckets (5 gallon) and they throw them out daily. Just go and ask them for a few and they will be more than happy to give them to you.

That's how I got the water buckets that I use for my dogs.

Just make sure you wash them really good. Chocolate is poison to dogs.
I think he got the last buckets from Safeway actually.

Quote:
The only insurance was on one of the vehicles. Red Cross is helping out the best they can. They are in a shelter right now. Paypal is a good idea, it's just that I don't think Jason would have access to it right now because he has NOTHING. No computer, nothing. A gift card might be easier for him to use in store right now.
This ^^^^

My brother has no internet access. His computer is gone with the house. ANd Yes, I know how stupid not having insurance is, but its one of those "It will never happen to us" things.

Anyone who is wanting to send gift cards PLEASE DO NOT try to send a ton of money! Do not put yourself out or in a hard place. Right now, 5 bucks is as good as 50 to them. Babytruck will have the address to send the gift cards to, so you can PM her.
Thank again you guys! You all have no idea what this means to me.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:10 AM   #17

Quote:
No need to thank me, it's just all of us here at TW helping out Chris' family.

But seriously, they have no means to carry or store items sent. But gift cards fit in an envelope or purse! If she still has a purse....
Good question. I'll have to find that out too.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:12 AM   #18
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
We can definitely get some gift cards rounded up down here
Old 01-10-2012, 09:13 AM   #19

Quote:

This ^^^^

My brother has no internet access. His computer is gone with the house. ANd Yes, I know how stupid not having insurance is, but its one of those "It will never happen to us" things.

Anyone who is wanting to send gift cards PLEASE DO NOT try to send a ton of money! Do not put yourself out or in a hard place. Right now, 5 bucks is as good as 50 to them. Babytruck will have the address to send the gift cards to, so you can PM her.
Yes, I have the address now.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:14 AM   #20
NBHNC
Rusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty
Rusty 06 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

This ^^^^

You're like family and this is TW thats we we do..Best forum on the net