Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Need Help Selling a older toyota

Old 01-10-2012, 08:53 AM   #1
Hiemsnox is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
Hiemsnox's Tacoma Gallery
Need Help Selling a older toyota

About a year and a half ago I started a project which i thought would have been fun. As some of you may know i bought a 87 toyota truck with a chevy 350 v8 in it.

The truck itself is in excellent shape, Ive painted it and kept everything else working. I've run into some mechanical issues where I'm not quite sure what the issue is.

My main problem here is that I need to sell it. I'm in college, Lost my job, and as of right now I'm living off my savings to make sure I can keep my 2006 tacoma.

Before I had the issues I had the truck listed at $5500. Since then i found the running issue and lowered it to $4000.

My problem is that i had very little interest even when it was running. I have the Mechanical skills and sorta the area to replace the motor if that's the issue. but I feel that even if I invest the money to make it run again I still wont be able to get anywhere near what I have invested in this truck.

What I'm asking of the forum is to give me suggestions as to what to do with this truck.

Should I put money into it and hope that someone will want a Modded truck?

Can I even put the original motor back in it? ( I would have to buy a new motor/transmission/transfer case ) and still hope the mounts would work.

should I try to part it out? its a 87 with only 55k miles on the body.

I dont want to lower the price so much that im making a HUGE loss more than I already am with it. This truck has amazing potential and its a shame that a completely rusted out toyota can sell better than this amazing body one.

http://dayton.craigslist.org/cto/2755373056.html

so please any and all input would be nice.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:56 AM   #2
NBHNC
Rusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty
Rusty 06 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Hope you can get it sold.. I know a dude out here who had one for sell with a 302 and he said that most people who called wanted there to be a toyota engine in it.. nice looking truck.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:53 PM   #3
any input?
Old 01-10-2012, 07:10 PM   #4
6L PSD is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Retired
6L PSD's Tacoma Gallery
Well, you did ask for opinions. It's a modified rig and it doesn't run. I wouldn't hold out much hope for a quick sale or getting your asking price. We don't usually make any money on projects...it's a money pit from day one. That being said, you think the engine is shot? Even here a 350 can be found pretty cheap. I'd think you'd at least want it running before the sale. Good Luck with whatever you decide. Me? I'd get it running, throw a solid axle under the front and giver'ell!
Old 01-10-2012, 07:11 PM   #5
68Whiskey has a brilliant future68Whiskey has a brilliant future68Whiskey has a brilliant future68Whiskey has a brilliant future68Whiskey has a brilliant future68Whiskey has a brilliant future68Whiskey has a brilliant future68Whiskey has a brilliant future68Whiskey has a brilliant future68Whiskey has a brilliant future68Whiskey has a brilliant future

Army: Medic / Hangover fixer
Name: Richie
68Whiskey's Tacoma Gallery
DOnt seem so desperate to get rid of it. The problem is your vehicle is a hobby truck , not to many people are in the market for something like that , try ebay?
Old 01-10-2012, 07:13 PM   #6
68Whiskey has a brilliant future68Whiskey has a brilliant future68Whiskey has a brilliant future68Whiskey has a brilliant future68Whiskey has a brilliant future68Whiskey has a brilliant future68Whiskey has a brilliant future68Whiskey has a brilliant future68Whiskey has a brilliant future68Whiskey has a brilliant future68Whiskey has a brilliant future

Army: Medic / Hangover fixer
Name: Richie
68Whiskey's Tacoma Gallery
also re take some pictures without the Del sol in the background
Old 01-10-2012, 07:14 PM   #7
I'd rather be hunting!
huntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
huntark03's Tacoma Gallery
I'd buy it if it were stock and looked that good!!!
Old 01-10-2012, 11:10 PM   #8
to the last two comments, first off i just sold the del sol right after i lost my job, it was a pretty fast car when i was done with it... it was far from stock, but its gone. second the comment about the stock motor, you can not believe how many times i have heard that... one person demanded i put it back in... i would if i had the original and knew i could mount it back.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:11 AM   #9
Never take the bait
Jasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stop giving me nicknames
Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
Try posting it on pirate4x4.. with it not running, you're probably not going to get much interest until you know why it's not running. Anyone who's into serious off-roading, though, and looking for a toy, could easily do a SAS swap themselves and buy it from you if the price is right.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:50 AM   #10
Hacksaw engineer
Trapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud of

Trapper6speed's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty nice truck. If I had the money I would take it off your hands.