Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

What are you guys paying for insurance?

Old 01-11-2012, 08:20 AM   #1
hookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
hookedontronics's Tacoma Gallery
What are you guys paying for insurance?

I feel like my insurance company is all smoke and mirrors, i just turned 25 and am comming up on my renewal and my insurance isn't dropping at all (actually looks higher than last year but my agent tells me it's 100 less? bs).

I'm 25, I have a clean driving record, no accidents, no tickets, and i also insure my motorcycle and honda s2000 with them, along with renters insurance.

My truck rate is 950/yr for full coverage

What are you guys paying who are my age and in a similar situation? who do you insure with? i'm in upstate NY btw. Thanks
Old 01-11-2012, 08:22 AM   #2
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
I'm 31, pay around $190 a month for a Toyota Tacoma, Acura MDX, Suzuki TL1000s, and home insurance
Old 01-11-2012, 08:35 AM   #4
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
What the fuck, chuck!!??! I am 26 and pay $130/mo. I have had 2 speeding tickets(back in 05 going 75 in a 55 zone here in Oregon and in 07 going 90 in a 80 zone in Texas. I have never been in an accident but my old truck(02 Dbl Cab) was totaled back in 08 when my daughters mom got hit by a school bus aboard a Marine base while I was deployed and yes, she was in the insurance.

Who are you guys with? I am with USAA and only have my 05 Taco as my vehicle.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:36 AM   #5
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Mine didn't go down much when i turned 25. It's all a big lie.

My first renewal afer I turned 25, my insurance went down about $10 a month, then my next renewal it went down another $10 a month.

I went from $129 to $119 now I'm at $108. I have my next renewal coming up in April.

I'm 26 year old Male, Currently no tickets on my record. I have USAA full coverage, $500 deductable. I also have my homeowners insurance and truck loan through them.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:38 AM   #6
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedontronics View Post
I feel like my insurance company is all smoke and mirrors, i just turned 25 and am comming up on my renewal and my insurance isn't dropping at all (actually looks higher than last year but my agent tells me it's 100 less? bs).

I'm 25, I have a clean driving record, no accidents, no tickets, and i also insure my motorcycle and honda s2000 with them, along with renters insurance.

My truck rate is 950/yr for full coverage

What are you guys paying who are my age and in a similar situation? who do you insure with? i'm in upstate NY btw. Thanks
The exact coverage, liability levels, and deductables are all a large factor, so not sure how helpful responses will be without a ton of detail.

Also, 4x4 will be more than 2x4.

You can reduce costs by increasing your deductables.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:39 AM   #7
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
87/mo, all that it's on is my truck.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:41 AM   #8
Ivan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ivan
Ivan's Tacoma Gallery
I'm 19 years old, paying 129 a month with Liberty Mutual, I think Its a great deal because I was paying 170 a month on my 2000 alero with progressive. Never had any speeding tickets or accidents!
Old 01-11-2012, 08:43 AM   #9
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
who do you insure with

State Farm.

no tickets on mine or my wifes License in the last 9 years.

my truck by itself is about $65 a month.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:45 AM   #10
Membor
Cowboyz has a spectacular aura aboutCowboyz has a spectacular aura aboutCowboyz has a spectacular aura about

Name: Luke
Cowboyz's Tacoma Gallery
First of all insurance depends on MANY factors. What zip code you live in is the biggest. They look at the crime rate, accidents, and tickets in that area. Another one is your credit score. and "full coverage" could mean lots of things. your deductible on both comprehensive and collision make a difference. I have Nevada insurance which is extremely expensive. (accidents are high, alcohol is allowed 24 7 and there are lots of DUI's given out. and i am only 22 with no accidents, and I pay 173 a month for just my truck.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:56 AM   #11
facemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chase
facemob's Tacoma Gallery
was with Progressive when i was about 17 to 24 years old, had a bunch of points and a DUI. i was insuring 2 toyota 4x4 trucks and a gsxr 1000 at the same time. At the time Progressive was about the only company that would insure me because i was a high risk, young single male, and some how they werent killing my pockets. I kept liability w/ comp on the bike, liability on the '89, and full on the '03. Deductibles were super high and coverage was super low. ... just staying legal. something like $300/ month, not bad all things considered.

Now im with state farm and have the 03 tacoma full coverage , gsxr 1000 still liability and comp, and renters ins. i think deductibles are about $500. 27 years old and now pay $106/ month for all. no points on the license.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:06 AM   #13
Youngtaco03 is on a distinguished road
Name: Kodi
Youngtaco03's Tacoma Gallery
Safe co insurance.
full coverage on my taco.
no speeding tickets or accidents.
$1000 deductible
$300 a month.
wtf.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:13 AM   #14
a member
WhiteWiddow is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiteWiddow is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiteWiddow is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiteWiddow is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiteWiddow is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiteWiddow is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiteWiddow is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiteWiddow is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiteWiddow is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiteWiddow is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiteWiddow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
WhiteWiddow's Tacoma Gallery
I am 26, I have a clean record, no tickets, accidents, etc..I bank with USAA and I have an 06 Tacoma DCLB TRD SPORT & an 06 Subaru Outback Wagon - Both Full Coverage + Renters Insurance & I pay $98.50 a month/ deductible is $500. I live in Washington State. USAA is legit.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:15 AM   #15
Easily Replaceable Member
elmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
elmo7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's so hard to just compare them, apples to apples. Factors like your state, coverage limits, deductible, histories, policy bundles, etc, are all used to calc your premium. But it's pretty easy to shop it around. If you have a clean record, they want you because you look like easy money, so make em cut a deal for you. Often an independent/local guy will deal vs the main call center of a big ins co. Big employers often offer discounts with some insurers as well.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:35 AM   #16
BARTRD has much to be proud ofBARTRD has much to be proud ofBARTRD has much to be proud ofBARTRD has much to be proud ofBARTRD has much to be proud ofBARTRD has much to be proud ofBARTRD has much to be proud ofBARTRD has much to be proud ofBARTRD has much to be proud of

Name: Brian
BARTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngtaco03 View Post
Safe co insurance.
$1000 deductible
$300 a month.
wtf.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:10 AM   #17
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyz View Post
First of all insurance depends on MANY factors. What zip code you live in is the biggest. They look at the crime rate, accidents, and tickets in that area. Another one is your credit score. and "full coverage" could mean lots of things. your deductible on both comprehensive and collision make a difference. I have Nevada insurance which is extremely expensive. (accidents are high, alcohol is allowed 24 7 and there are lots of DUI's given out. and i am only 22 with no accidents, and I pay 173 a month for just my truck.
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention zip in my previous post...
Old 01-11-2012, 10:21 AM   #18
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
$1000/yr. full coverage with AAA
Old 01-11-2012, 11:17 AM   #19
facemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chase
facemob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngtaco03 View Post
Safe co insurance.
$1000 deductible
$300 a month.
wtf.

have you requested quotes from other companies? because you should
Old 01-11-2012, 11:27 AM   #20
Youngtaco03 is on a distinguished road
Name: Kodi
Youngtaco03's Tacoma Gallery
i'm piggy backing off of my parents insurance. and yes i still live at home. best way to save money
but if i get my own insurance policy i could be paying more :/